YesNoOk

Rurouni Kenshin: Soul And Sword Full Game WIP (Read 902789 times)

Started by Aoshi24, June 30, 2012, 11:45:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Okita Souji and Sagara Sanosuke REVIVED
#41  July 02, 2013, 02:35:47 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
for the poll why not just use them all so he has multiple victories?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#42  July 02, 2013, 05:30:04 pm
  • Yare Yare Daze
Some time ago I saw this project, it is good to see you active again, not if you've already seen but there is a PSX game that has some great sprites. hopefully serve you, here a video

#43  July 02, 2013, 06:40:12 pm
    • soulandsword.ruroken.com
Thanks for the votes guys! This is really helpful.. I'll definitely keep the poll open until I have a definitive answer.

I am actually using that game for some attack ideas, sounds, and voices.  The sprites from that RPG game are ok but I don't think they are good enough for a fighting game. 

@Laharl: I didn't want to do multiple victories because then I would have to do it for all my characters.. and I don't want to do that lol.  I also don't want to increase the character's file size with multiple animated clips.

@Chazzanova: Thanks man! That's a pretty sweet Freeza sprite btw!
#44  July 02, 2013, 06:43:35 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
#45  July 02, 2013, 10:44:59 pm
  • I see you.
@aoshi24 I totally read that wrong I thought you meant just sprited poses not full on animations.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#46  July 20, 2013, 07:37:23 am
Thanks to those who voted!  Based on this poll and the youtube comments, choices #1 and #3 have almost equal votes.  I'll probably do both instead.

Now I noticed I've posted many updates for Sano and few for Okita Souji. To all Shinsengumi fans, here is an updated preview! Sorry for the low video quality.

Sprites are still work in progress while coding is done for the most part.  Two new supers were added since the last update. I've also added a combo system that only Okita can do in which players can extend combos with Mibu charge-Slide kick.  Damage dampener and limited power add were added to balance things out though.

It will be worth the wait... Enjoy the video for now!
Re: Rurouni Kenshin: Soul And Sword Full Game WIP
#47  September 09, 2013, 02:29:40 am
I decided to change this thread to cover all things related to my full game, Rurouni Kenshin Soul and Sword.  For more info, refer to the first post.  I appreciate any feedback, suggestions, or any ideas for the game. 

You can also subscribe on my youtube channel where I will periodically update everyone with videos/clips. 

Thanks and enjoy!
#48  September 09, 2013, 02:37:40 am
  • I see you.
is yahiko planned? he does get better at fighting as times goes on. I would also love if you redid shishio from warner with more sprites.

#49  September 09, 2013, 04:30:08 am
I decided to change this topic to cover all things related to my full game, Rurouni Kenshin Soul and Sword.  With 7 characters completed, I'd like to share some info on the gameplay mechanics, updated screenpack, and upcoming characters.

SCREENPACK PREVIEW
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOss5QIMak[/youtube]

SUMMARY:
+ 18 characters with different styles/ 18 stages
+ 6 attack buttons
+ Counter/parry system similar to Last Blade (but not exact)
+ Guard push, air/roll recovery, and wake-up attack
+ Chain combos and 2/3 button hypers (ex. QCF LP+HP) similar to MVC
+ Level 3 desperation move (low life and max power like KOF series)
+ Finishing opponents with hyper moves awards player a victory movie
+ Momentum Shift system (detailed info and video to come)
   + First attacks, countered attacks, and guard push awards "momentum points"
   + 100% momentum will unlock new abilities/attributes such as high defense, damage, speed, or healing depending on the character
   + 100% momentum will also enable characters to resurrect if he/she already lost 1 round and has max power

CHARACTERS WIP:
+ Okita Souji
+ Shinsengumi Saito Hajime
+ Shishio Makoto - base sprites from Warner's Shishio Makoto
+ Udo Jinei - sprites based on Kyo from Samurai Deeper and Zantetsu from Last Blade
   + Here is the concept sprite.. note this is still a work in progress

+ Makimachi Misao
+ Uonuma Usui - sprites based on Yuki from Last Blade

for Jinne you could also use zinsuke from asura buster as a base
#50  September 10, 2013, 03:53:39 am
I definitely want to make Yahiko but the teenager version.  I didn't really care for the kid version. If there is a good base for teenage Yahiko, I'd definitely go for it.  Remaking Shishio sprites is definitely a must. We have a good base and its all a matter of resizing the sprites and adding more frames.

I checked out Zinsuke and I don't think it matches the sprite style that my characters are going for.

Thanks for the feedbacks guys!
#51  September 10, 2013, 05:28:19 am
seeing this screenpack brings tears to my eyes.... it's such an achievement for us kenshin fans that I will not only include your characters wont just be in my collection but I'll keep a second mugen of this and put it on one of my arcade cabinets
#52  September 20, 2013, 06:54:22 pm
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
Game looks really great, I cant believe this is the first time ive seen this thread. What exactly is the difference in move sets between kenshin and batousai?
#53  September 22, 2013, 12:09:31 am
Thanks! I'll try my best to make this the best RK fighting game yet. You can actually download both of them from my YouTube channel @ A0shi24 in the "About" section if you want to feel the difference.  :P

To summarize: Battousai doesn't have kuzu Ryu sen and the Ougi. Instead he is faster, better combos, and higher damage but lower life. His moveset is also different in looks and attributes.  Think of it like Akuma to Ryu comparison.
#54  September 22, 2013, 08:06:00 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina

You can also give Battousai and Kenshin different hitsparks/hitsounds for any sword-based attacks, as a nice detail/nod to the series:

Kenshin:
- Blunt-sounding hitsounds (same ones you would use for punches, kicks, etc...).
- Blunt attack-looking hitsparks (same ones you would use for punches, kicks, etc...)

Battousai:
- Cutting hitsounds (Think, Iori, Choi, etc...)
- Slicing hitsparks (maybe blood, too).

I'm sure you're aware of why I'm saying this ;)
#55  September 26, 2013, 05:55:01 am
Thanks for the suggestions!  Blunt sounds for Kenshin and slash sounds for Battousai have already been implemented.  I just wonder which hitsparks I should use.. SamSho, Last Blade, or custom. Right now I am using custom hitsparks without blood.
#56  January 16, 2014, 01:10:35 pm
I just wanted to apologize for the lack of updates on the Rurouni Kenshin Mugen project. I haven't been able to touch the project since I had to move to a different state for a new job and I was also on vacation for a bit.

Do not worry though... the project is still alive! Now that I'm settled for a bit, I can continue with the sprites for Okita Souji. Here is a playthrough video showing how much is done with Okita and the full game.  I hope you enjoy the playthrough.

As you can tell from the video, I still have a long way to go to finish Okita's sprites but at least the gameplay is solid and bug free.  I will try my best to finish Okita as soon as possible... and maybe even release a beta version of the full game in Fall 2014!

In the meantime, here is how much I've done so far with Okita sprites...
- Idle stances (standing, crouch,turn,guard) = 100%
- Win/Lose/Taunt = 90%
- Movement (walk, run, jump) = 75%
- Get hit/ Lie down = 50%
- Attacks = 0%
#57  January 26, 2014, 10:25:31 pm
    • France
    • mistermef@hotmail.fr
very good !!!!! your project is a nice idea good luck for the next level ;) and kenshin master ? he is in your plan i hope ??? lol
#58  January 27, 2014, 07:50:20 pm
Thanks for the nice words. Unfortunately Hiko is not in the plan at the moment.  Next will be Misao and Shishio.
#59  February 15, 2014, 04:47:02 am
Just some updated info...

+  Okita Souji will be released this March 2014. He will have a new feature that will be present in all my other characters in the beta full game.
+  The feature is called the Kenki (Swordsman Spirit) System which will be similar to T.O.P. mode in Garou Mark of the Wolves fighting game. Check out the video below for a demonstration.

Kenki System Info:
+ Kenki indicator will be located just below the lifebar. The kenki swirls faster as it reaches max level.
+ Over time, the Kenki fills up until it is in max level. This can also be filled up faster with taunts, first hits, counters, and guard push.
+ When Kenki mode is reached, the player is rewarded with slow health regeneration and infinite level 1 hypers.
+ However, Kenki will reset if you use Level 2 or Level 3 hyper moves.
+ Kenki mode will also allow players to perform a Combo Breaker. This will also reset Kenki.
+ All my RK characters will have the same Kenki system except Soujiro and Shishio. Soujiro will not have kenki (like the anime/manga story) while Shishio will have infinite kenki after you beat him in 1 round.

If you have any questions, requests, or ideas, let me know. Thanks!
#60  February 15, 2014, 08:14:59 am

A base from EXBlade for hiko