YesNoOk

The Roster Thread (New characters added 8/29/13!) (Read 255160 times)

Started by Sean Altly, July 26, 2011, 10:53:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Roster Thread (Updated w/ Graphics!)
#21  July 30, 2011, 01:31:52 am
    • Japan
Also, how can you say Jill and Leon are the same character when Leon has never appeared in a fighting game? I haven't even talked about plans for movesets for either of them, so it's a bit early and silly to call them the same character.
Well, Leon is faster, but has smaller guns, it should be like this:
Leon: Speed, Offense, Light Gunz - easy corners opponent with good combos
Jill: Strenght, Defense, Heavy Stuff - easy reflects attacks when standing in corner (Grenade Launcher etc.), also she can summon zombies (If Sean Altly allows her.

As you see there can be a diffrance.
#22  July 30, 2011, 02:25:14 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
I see only 14 Capcom characters, but 15 World characters. Which Capcom character is missing, Sean? Wasn't it Pyron?
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#23  July 30, 2011, 07:26:52 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Pyron was on the list, and so was Felicia. I'm not sure if I'll include them yet, still deciding.

Download Last Bout now!
#24  July 30, 2011, 07:45:13 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
No plans for Poison? You wouldn't have to do any sprites (Dampir did a spritepack a long time ago), but I dunno how much of her Final Fight Revenge moveset is utilized in it)

Why do I bring him/her/it up? You mentioned West as possibly included over his inclusion in UMVC3, same thing with Poison, but with SFxT.
#25  July 30, 2011, 09:11:41 am
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
Dampir has made a Taki sprite set (from Soul Calibour)

#26  July 30, 2011, 09:18:12 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
The Taki sprite set I saw was incomplete. I'll double check it, but it didn't seem like there wa enough there for a whole character.

As far as Poison goes, that's just a character I never considered because I'm not a fan. Also, I don't recall saying I put Frank West on the list because of UMVC3. I'm just a huge Dead Rising fan, and a huge fan of Frank West.

Download Last Bout now!
#27  July 30, 2011, 05:41:33 pm
    • Mexico
    • https://nestor-2099.github.io/gamedev/
Sean, if you decide to do any character inspired by his TvC incarnation, or even basing some moves from there, I could help you with some screenshots :).
#28  July 30, 2011, 06:53:56 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
'salright bro, it's not a "zomg this has to happen" thing :V
#29  July 30, 2011, 06:55:52 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
I see only 14 Capcom characters, but 15 World characters. Which Capcom character is missing, Sean? Wasn't it Pyron?

he has not decided on a set limit # for capcom or the world. in fact, might be a lot of things still considering (and maybe a few chars he already decided upon but not gone public with yet)
#30  July 30, 2011, 08:04:33 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Mr. X and Jin Kazama to be released seperately?? I love you!! Buy seriously though, Sean, you're doing a great job with all of your work. I'm looking forward to the end result of this project as your talent will shine through. Keep up the amazing work as always!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.

MDD

#31  July 31, 2011, 02:25:19 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Scorpion's not on the list. Still deciding about him?
#32  July 31, 2011, 02:28:44 am
He probably doesn't think Scorpion will add much to the gameplay/he doesn't like Scorpion more than Sub-Zero. In a more Capcom-style fighter, Sub-Zero probably will translate a little bit better, though he won't stand out unless Sean wants him to. I'm thinking he will incorporate much of MK3 and MK9 Sub-Zero's game, considering those two are the most popular.

MDD

#33  July 31, 2011, 02:38:30 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
He has said multiple times that he'll most likely palette swap and edit Sub-Zero to make Scorpion because it wouldn't take much work.
#34  July 31, 2011, 02:50:00 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, Scorpion will most likely be in for those reasons, he would be very easy to make once Sub-Zero is made. That's also why I included all 4 TMNT in the World Character poll, because once one is done, it would be very easy to edit him into the other 3. In fact, once Sub-Zero is made I fully expect people to edit him into Reptile, Ermac and Rain.

Download Last Bout now!
#35  July 31, 2011, 03:08:23 am
Reptile? I think I might have creamed my jeans.
#36  July 31, 2011, 04:58:49 am
  • Mas y Mas Wips XD
    • alan-san.deviantart.com/
Dont Forget Smoke Hehe  :sugoi:

MDD

#37  July 31, 2011, 06:51:40 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
And Tremor. WHERE THERE'S SMOKE THERE'S FIRE.
#38  July 31, 2011, 08:17:38 am
  • Mas y Mas Wips XD
    • alan-san.deviantart.com/
i used to play a lot as smoke on MK9 i ended up saying allways. Where there is smoke there is sexual desire. everytime he made his entrance.  :sugoi:
#39  August 03, 2011, 08:49:06 pm
After looking at the roster, I'd really advise cutting way back on the SF characters. Of the 14 characters on the CAPCOM side so far chosen, half of those are SF characters. Really, you only need 2; maybe even just 1. Otherwise, you're falling into the same rut of MvC2 and the CvS games, which were more like SFvsX-Men and SFvsKoF respectively.
#40  August 03, 2011, 10:20:40 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I'm a huge SF fan, and as I said in the other threads, I have to go by what sprites are available. Cutting back on SF characters means cutting back on the roster or having to make an unrealistic amount of new sprites. I'm including personal favorites like Charlie, Alex and Ken, and I'm making up for that by letting people vote on 8 characters to include.

Download Last Bout now!