YesNoOk

how to "raise" a stage (or lower the camera) in 1.1 (Read 9022 times)

Started by Duke of Corvus, April 03, 2015, 08:50:46 am
Share this topic:
how to "raise" a stage (or lower the camera) in 1.1
#1  April 03, 2015, 08:50:46 am
  • For the Murder!
I was trying to adapt Warrior Shrine by God aztec into 640 x 480 res.
I found the correct local coord values by trial and error, but now the stage is below the bottom limit os the screen (off camera)
I'm trying to "lift" it to put it into the correct position, but boundlow doesn't seem to move it at all (that's what I always edit to raise or lower a stage)
I'm not good at coding stages, so help?

actual stage screenshot. I'm using mugen 1.1
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Re: how to "raise" a stage (or lower the camera) in 1.1
#2  April 03, 2015, 05:22:59 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
In my efforts to add Zoom to every stage i had the other day, i found that some stages do not move when you edit the Boundlow.

Try editing Boundhigh to a lower value, this will make the stage move down as the top limit is being decreased.

For example, with this stage:

The stage's sprites were small, and there were black bars on the top when i added the zoom. So i moved some sprites up but that didnt do the trick, because they were out of place in the BG. So i editied the Boundlow because there was a small black bar on the bottom due to the zoom. But the boundlow didn't move at all no matter what value i set it at.

But changing the Boundhigh fixed it, getting rid of the black bar on the bottom and moving the stage down.

boundleft = -165
boundright = 165
boundhigh      = -20
boundlow       = -10

As you can see my Boundhigh value is -20. Try messing with the values, using negative values to lower the top border. Keep increasing it by 5 or 10's till you get the desired result.

Hope this helped :)
#3  April 03, 2015, 05:36:41 pm
  • For the Murder!
Uh, yes... I the problem is that I don't want to move it down... It's already too low, I want to lift it.
Boundlow doesn't change anything and Boundhigh only adds extra space to the "ceiling"
So far the only solution I've thought about is to manually change the position of every BG sprite in the Def file
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:40:39 pm by Duke of Corvus
#4  April 03, 2015, 05:40:19 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
You could try messing with the Offset Camera Values.

Though i don't know much about those.
#5  April 03, 2015, 05:53:02 pm
You need to change the Y values (vertical) of all your sprites. The lower the value, the higher the sprite will be

for example :

BEFORE
[BG eau SOL B]
type        = anim
actionno    = 2
start       = 0,480
delta       = 2,2

AFTER
[BG eau SOL B]
type        = anim
actionno    = 2
start       = 0,180
delta       = 2,2

You also need to change the "zoffset" value to raise the line on which the characters are placed. 

If there are many sprites to move because your stage is rather complex, I suggest you download notepad++ if you don't already have it.
Open your DEF file with notepad++ and press CTRL+H which will allow you to change multiple values in one shot.
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#6  April 03, 2015, 08:17:22 pm
    • sites.google.com/view/ariasoftheend/home
I found the correct local coord values by trial and error

If the original localcoord was 1280x720 just change it to 960x720.
If the stage had zoom values(zoomin,zoomout) and was 1280x720, change both zoom values to  1 & change the localcoord to 960x720, then adjust the zoom to your liking.

960x720 is meant to fit the standard 640x480.
New #7  April 04, 2015, 03:24:33 am
  • For the Murder!
well, it happens that the localcoord that I found wasn't the right one.... 960x720 fits perfectly... except that now the statues look tiny....

I think I'll stick with the move-all-the-sprites plan

stupid 1.1, why are you so sexy but so difficult to handle?

EDIT:

Nailed it!

thank you Jeanbureau for the tip.
to you too miss Margatroid for the localcoord info

case solved.
now to add zoom and tweak the boundaries.... and refine some wrong deltas from source
Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:23:24 am by Duke of Corvus