YesNoOk

THE MONARCH OF PUGILISTS (Fullgame Concepts/Interest Check) (Read 3281 times)

Started by THE LOLICON HUNTER, August 22, 2016, 03:18:00 am
THE MONARCH OF PUGILISTS (Fullgame Concepts/Interest Check)
#1  August 22, 2016, 03:18:00 am
  • Garbage Can
  • I will destroy all lolicons.
    • USA
    • kghidorah666@gmail.com
DISCLAIMER: I have no idea how to code, and no idea how to make a mugen character. But I'm learning. Also, I need to get money so I can commission sprites for 90% of these characters.

Hey, I'm working on the concepts for a mugen fullgame. Insert witty intro-quip here.

ROSTER

Sketch (Comix Zone)
Geese (Fatal Fury/KOF)
Arcueid (Melty Blood)
Hayashida (Cromartie)
Tomoko (Watamote)
Kiryu (Yakuza)
Rico (Just Cause 2)
Doomguy (DOOM)
JC Denton (Deus Ex)
Mio (Nichijou)
Konata (Lucky Star)
Moge-ko (Mogeko Castle)
Mr. CEO (Original)
SOOPER SEEKRET BOSS (Original)

Now, I know what you're thinking. "This is the weirdest roster of characters I've ever seen, this makes no sense." I see where you're coming from. This roster mostly came about from me sitting down one day and thinking to myself, "How would X work in a fighting game?" Geese and Arc are in there because I just like them.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

BATTLE SYSTEM:

The game will have a 4-button LP-HP/LK-HK system, with Darkstalkers-inspired chain combos. There will be a blowback attack, dodge roll, and standing dodge. And KOF styled short-jumps. The game will also have what I like to call the STYLE COMBO system, which includes the jump-cancel and the STYLE CANCEL (Yes, you have to capitalize that.)

JUMP CANCELING: Normals and Command Normals can both be jump-canceled, but only once per combo.

STYLE CANCELING: With the press of HP+LK, the player can immediately cancel ANY move whatsoever (except for grapples), at any time. STYLE CANCELS also reset the juggle, so for example... You can do a Raging Storm with Geese, STYLE CANCEL, then immediately do another Raging Storm. Inspired by MAX MODE, but without actually being MAX MODE. You can do this for free once per match, but any sub sequential STYLE CANCELS will cost 500 power to use, out of 3000.

I'll get into the story/move lists in my next post.
Yipes is my personal hero.
Re: THE MONARCH OF PUGILISTS (Fullgame Concepts/Interest Check)
#2  August 22, 2016, 08:36:49 pm
  • Garbage Can
    • USA
    • kghidorah666@gmail.com
STORY: In a world similar to ours, a small, independent comic book company manages to, somehow, get the copyrights to several different properties, including but not limited to the likes of Fatal Fury and DOOM. The suits, seeing an opportunity to make some huge cash, decide to announce that instead of giving each property their own book, they will instead be combing all of these franchises into one, big crossover. Naturally, this gets both good and bad attention. "You don't know the characters!" "Why aren't you hiring X writer?" Enter Sketch Turner.

It's been a little over 20 years since the overnight success of Comix Zone, which awarded Mr. Turner boatloads of awards and money. He hasn't returned to the industry for two reasons: One, he doesn't want to cause another Mortus situation, and two, he lives comfortably with the royalties from Comix Zone that he gets to this day. However, when this small comic company offers him the chance to author this ridiculous crossover, he accepts. Not because of the money, but because he's been itching to write another book. Besides, it's other peoples' characters. There's no way another Mortus could happen. Absolutely NO WAY.

BIOS:
When playing arcade mode, each character will get a brief biography in the form of a "threat assessment" from the game's villain, Mr. CEO. Most of them are done in a comical fashion, as they are directed towards the generic thugs under his employ. Thugs who have no impact on the story whatsoever.

Hypers: Each character will have one level 1 hyper, one level 2, and one level 3. Rferred to as STYLISH ATTACK (SA), SUPER STYLISH ATTACK (SSA), and ANNIHILATION ATTACK (AA), respectively. Landing a Perfect KO with an ANNIHILATION ATTACK grants you with a TOTAL ANNIHILATION.

SKETCH TURNER:
Spoiler: Bio (click to see content)
Spoiler: Moveset (click to see content)

GEESE HOWARD:

ARCUEID BRUNESTUD:

SHINJIRO HAYASHIDA:

TOMOKO KUROKI:

KAZUMA KIRYU:

RICO RODRIGUEZ:

UNNAMED SPACE MARINE (DOOMGUY):

JC DENTON:

MIO NAGANOHARA:

KONATA IZUMI:

MOGE-KO:

MR. CEO:

I'll add more to this post later.
Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:57:40 pm by THE LOLICON HUNTER
#3  August 22, 2016, 09:50:05 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Umm.  Well.  You seem passionate about this at least.

I think you should start by limiting the amount of currently unrealizable characters you have, if you want a realistic chance of making this happen.  It takes a very long time for most sprite artists to finish a full character set, and over half of your current roster are characters that would require such a set.  Not only that, but if you're commissioning these then you are going to be spending quite a bit of money.  I

What you can do in the meantime is to start with a character that has an existing set and work out your system with them.  For example you have Geese on there, so you can use him as the guinea pig for what you want to do with your game. 
#4  August 23, 2016, 12:27:00 am
  • Garbage Can
    • USA
    • kghidorah666@gmail.com
That's exactly what I planned on doing. Geese will be the first character I make, and he'll be what the rest are based off of. I also want to release him when I'm finished with him to gather interest for the system. I've been working on these concepts for quite some time, now.

And I'm 100% aware that I'm going to be breaking my bank to get those sprites commissioned.

Quick question, are the sprites in Ambasa's Geese free to use? I'd ask him myself, but I have no idea how to speak Japanese.
#5  September 02, 2016, 09:53:28 pm
  • SNK is life
(I know you tried to imitate "The King Of Fighters" substituting similar words, but PUGILIST means strictly BOXER)
#6  September 03, 2016, 06:09:33 am
  • Garbage Can
    • USA
    • kghidorah666@gmail.com
(I know you tried to imitate "The King Of Fighters" substituting similar words, but PUGILIST means strictly BOXER)

Well, shit. Looks like I'm gonna have to scrap everything
#7  September 17, 2016, 04:59:17 pm
  • Garbage Can
    • USA
    • kghidorah666@gmail.com
I've started work on Geese. As I've stated in my first post, I have no idea what I'm doing. At least his basics function, but that's only because of KFM.