YesNoOk

HDBZ CHAMP EDITION RELEASE [4.2B version released] (Read 379395 times)

Started by Iced, April 07, 2017, 11:32:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: HDBZ CHAMP EDITION RELEASE
#121  April 11, 2017, 08:29:04 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
No matter what happens, it's just a game.

I can't speak for the whole team, but if you should be upset about anything, it's that it's a copyright strike on Balthazar's personal channel, so I really hope he can get that straightened out for his own financial well-being.
#122  April 11, 2017, 09:51:35 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Team Z2 is working on this case and evaluating all possible scenarios. I would ask to all of you to please refrain from posting angry comments or initiating any flame wars against Toei and other copyright holders, as such reactions will not make us any favour.

I have requested the MFG administration to delete any further out of place comment or attack to Toei and other Dragon Ball franchise owners.

Thanks for your comprehension and support on the HDBZ project.

XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!

ZX2

#123  April 11, 2017, 10:06:36 am
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~

It was fun while it lasted, but the exposure and media coverage killed it.

*Lets out a wheeze*  :laugh3:

Also here's a suggestion because those aren't the only ones who have played it. some I've feel like played it and probably might've deleted it afterwards. Reach out to anyone who has made a gameplay commentary on the game while playing it (Maybe give them a link to the Champ build Idk).

I just really hope Max doesn't get the blame for it of all people.
Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:20:11 am by ZX2
#124  April 11, 2017, 10:46:27 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I aint too scared of the situation, it would've been way more serious if the download was taken down.
However only the vid was taken down, and youtubes copyright system is pretty bad, so it could've been a bot
#125  April 11, 2017, 11:36:50 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
This seems to have been an automated claim, nothing else anywhere else ( servers and etc) , we'll see how it goes.
#126  April 11, 2017, 12:03:13 pm
I wouldn't be too worried about this, as you are doing a fan-game without aim of financial gain, and are not strictly using any material, like for example integrating official DBZ videos in your trailers or game.

Concerning the new build and what comes after, it's incredible to see how things evolved.

Near the time of the previous build (Christmas 2015 if I recall correctly), it was already amazing to know that you went from 1 spriter to 3 and that at this period you had for the first time 3 characters developping at the same time, instead of 1.

And now there even is a 4th spriter (....meaning soon a 4th character revealed by Barker? since we have Balthazar/Tenshinhan, Daeron/Krillin and ???/C-18) and even more new coders!
And although the new build provides "only" one and a half new characters (Piccolo + revamped Satan), you already have 2 other nearly finished characters soon to be released individually and 3 characters in early development!

Who would have thought that?

ZX2

#127  April 11, 2017, 12:10:27 pm
Gasp! okay okay oh god for a second there I thought- so apparently the link in the first post of this thread that Ice made still works so we can still try to make sure that everyone can get their hands on the DL. But they can't link the actual thread, page, site, and etc just to be on the safe side.

So if anyone on a Mugen forum or maybe outside of the forums ask if there's still a way to get the game we can direct them to the first post of the thread. sound good?

I wouldn't be too worried about this, as you are doing a fan-game without aim of financial gain, and are not strictly using any material, like for example integrating official DBZ videos in your trailers or game.

Concerning the new build and what comes after, it's incredible to see how things evolved.

Near the time of the previous build (Christmas 2015 if I recall correctly), it was already amazing to know that you went from 1 spriter to 3 and that at this period you had for the first time 3 characters developping at the same time, instead of 1.

And now there even is a 4th spriter (....meaning soon a 4th character revealed by Barker? since we have Balthazar/Tenshinhan, Daeron/Krillin and ???/C-18) and even more new coders!
And although the new build provides "only" one and a half new characters (Piccolo + revamped Satan), you already have 2 other nearly finished characters soon to be released individually and 3 characters in early development!

Who would have thought that?

Not just that but the game's been updated to a good amount of well re-balanced characters, new stages, some graphical improvements, along with UI changes theres a whole lot really
#128  April 11, 2017, 02:16:39 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
I don't understand it,any of that really.
The channel is not even monetized and every patreon/donation and such is with the promise of taking something back in pixel art,anything.It's not that money goes  to Team Z2,it goes to Balthazar who in return makes pixel art in request. Like an artist making a painting for his client.And besides,if i was them and saw how good HDBZ was  i would either try to outdo you and make a better 2d game or respect you for putting such a valiant effort.But whatever,i wish the best for you,your spouses/significant others and children for giving me a great fanmade game for totally free!! :thumbsup:
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 02:29:56 pm by AgentofDestiny
#129  April 11, 2017, 04:11:16 pm
Well I came back to say i'm sorry for my earlier comments. I was tired and angry and seeing something like this happen didn't help that. It reminded me of AM2R or how Nintendo was taking down things unfairly and that brought about a bout of unneeded rage. For that I give you my apologies(twice) and wish you all good luck.

ZX2

#130  April 11, 2017, 06:57:51 pm
Well I came back to say i'm sorry for my earlier comments. I was tired and angry and seeing something like this happen didn't help that. It reminded me of AM2R or how Nintendo was taking down things unfairly and that brought about a bout of unneeded rage. For that I give you my apologies(twice) and wish you all good luck.
Sort of get how you feel although some projects that were shut down by stuff like this I wasn't effect much by because it was either I had interest yet was too late, or I only had a short experience trying it out (Like maybe a 1 week of trying it out or less before it gets shut down, and depending on the project, how much work went into, or me actually liking it a lot I'd still be as pissed lol). but yeah least they didn't track what was in that trailer's description to here or the source. ._.'

Also II've got the demo of AM2R on my mega and as with anything that might become rare to get or find always store a backup or keep itself somehow.
#131  April 11, 2017, 07:02:22 pm
Yeah I guess this is a reason for it to be dangerous for MUGEN to become popular now. Before it wasn't as bad but now you can get copyrighted for practically thinking of someone else's property. That and fair use is basically dead so yeah. This should probably become it's own thread it's already derailing this one enough.
#132  April 11, 2017, 07:21:17 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Well,i still don't understand it,yes people will buy the official ones sure,but this is fanmade and well made,it shows respect towards DB's creators with it's "well made"-ness (haha :mlol: ) But all things considered,if i made a series in any media and some of my fans made a game about it with such quality and free,i would leave those beautiful motherfuckers alone.But no need to worry about this though,HDBZ doesn't have much trouble.Since Team Z2's only form of payment is Balthazar's patreon,who takes requests to do art in the first place.Which means he takes money from art  requests of any variety,not HDBZ.So no money profit is gained from HDBZ.But i invite somebody to correct me if im wrong.
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:30:41 pm by AgentofDestiny
#133  April 11, 2017, 10:15:09 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com

To be fair, that metroid game was a remake of 2 from the original gameboy, making it pointless to get the VC version.
#134  April 12, 2017, 02:00:42 am
Hello, quick question. Is there a way to make the dummy in training mode tech out of hits in combos without them whiffing out the same moves constantly? I would want them to not hit me so I won't always have to do jump in counter-hit combos.
#135  April 12, 2017, 02:15:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
not that im aware.

Sharknade tournament was pretty lit

@TheSharkade @z2_team

#136  April 12, 2017, 03:17:26 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

ZX2

#137  April 12, 2017, 04:26:27 pm
Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 05:52:23 pm by ZX2
#138  April 12, 2017, 05:45:19 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
wow this game is amazing.!! really fun to play it
Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:48:42 pm by yaret
#139  April 12, 2017, 05:49:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#140  April 12, 2017, 06:07:55 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
Hopefully it gets reuploaded to youtube, it raises awareness. not everyone looks on FB. Maybe a slight title change could make the trick.