YesNoOk

Billy, the Blue Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger - Jmorphman coding! (Read 481985 times)

Started by Balthazar, April 16, 2014, 10:07:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Billy, the Blue Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger (Movie version)!
#61  April 22, 2014, 08:27:05 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Btw, ive read that you dont plan adding zords in the gameplay, but any chance for an intro/winpose?  :)
Uuhhh you're talking in-scale, right :P? Well I don't think even just it's head would fit in the screen! Or it would have to be far in the background, but not all stages (like indoor ones) would allow that to look believable).
Stage would be nice ;)

Hey Balthazar, I was going to ask if you planned on incorporating the power morpher sequence from the show/game into it (pretty much the sprites on the right side of that image below. I could only find Tommy/Jason's with the sprites there, but I was just mostly curious on if you planned to include that as part of the transformation in the intro.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Hm I don't know, I specifically didn't do that because I thought it would be weird. Nothing wrong with a quick and dirty ingame morph I think ;)
Well who knows, I could resprite it. We'll see.
I do plan to add lipsync to that ingame morph though.
#62  April 22, 2014, 08:35:17 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
you could probably just have the megazord hand sit him down similar to jin Saotome but that's a thought for down the road should you feel its worth doing as an intro. As for the actual character development I love how you convert live action moves into mugen and can't wait to see what you reveal next for him
#63  April 22, 2014, 08:56:23 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
If you did, and your plan was always to basically leave him as a template for future creators to make the rest, it may be worth spriting at least, pretty much so you could make a placeholder where people could swap out whichever one they wanted. Either way, he's coming along really nicely, and I really look forward to his progression.
#64  April 24, 2014, 05:55:35 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
I used green because that's what it was in Zeo morphs...may not make sense but I liked that.
Uh I think I will use the sparks for every move :P (though they would vary in size depending on the attack's strenght)

That could work too.

I edited Billy's head to have brown hair and wearing glasses in the Morphin intro, but I don't have an image hoster to exhibit it yet >..< know any good places?
#65  April 24, 2014, 06:37:28 pm
    • Netherlands
Tinypic or something is free and you don't even need an account.
#66  April 24, 2014, 07:52:57 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
This project is looking fantastic!

Really excited to see more animations.
#67  April 24, 2014, 08:47:01 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Tinypic or something is free and you don't even need an account.

Alright, here it is:

I darkened his hair, added his glasses (used Charlie Nash as a reference) and changed a shade in his pants that matched a shade in his undershirt.
#68  April 24, 2014, 08:56:54 pm
    • Netherlands
But he IS blonde :P
I left out the glasses because he didn't wear them in the movie, though I did intent to make alternate versions of the morphing intro that had Billy portrayed in different looks, mostly his Season 1 look with the overalls.
#69  April 24, 2014, 09:06:00 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
But he IS blonde :P
I left out the glasses because he didn't wear them in the movie, though I did intent to make alternate versions of the morphing intro that had Billy portrayed in different looks, mostly his Season 1 look with the overalls.

I'd like to see the overalls one happen as well.  And I didn't know he was blonde.  I thought he was a brunette.  Guess I made him too dark XD oh well, you do what you think is best.  I was only wanting to help a little.
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:09:24 pm by The Sudden Freak
#70  April 24, 2014, 11:19:02 pm
    • Netherlands
Hey no problem at all, help is always appreciated!
#71  April 24, 2014, 11:41:35 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
He's got very dirty blond hair; a midway between Balthazar's and The Sudden Freak's would look best I think.
Hm I don't know, I specifically didn't do that because I thought it would be weird. Nothing wrong with a quick and dirty ingame morph I think ;)
Well who knows, I could resprite it. We'll see.
I think it'd look pretty cool.
#72  April 25, 2014, 12:12:22 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Cool project! You really got skills.

On an offtopic note, have you ever thought of creating yourself as a character? :3
#73  April 25, 2014, 12:13:22 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Was never a fan of the Power Rangers. I actually really dislike them. Always good to see more sprites from Balth, though. Animation is top-notch as always. Look forward to seeing more.
My thoughts exactly (I don't dislike them though, I just don't care).
But seeing these awesome animations come to life will be another joy for the Mugen community. :)
#74  April 25, 2014, 12:20:42 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Man, ain't no one wants to hear about how much you hate Power Rangers. Get outta this thread!
#75  April 25, 2014, 04:54:34 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Maybe they just grew up with one of the more obscure/less popular ones like Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills? Either way, I think it's cool to see this, just because after 2/3 seasons of the show I hadn't focused on that show in quite a few years, and this is pure nostalgic awesomeness.
#76  April 25, 2014, 10:06:05 am
    • Netherlands
Thanks! Yeah you don't have to be a major fan or have seen the other series to be have some nostalgic love for the series.
Personally I never watched anything other then Season 1~4...I probably never even saw the end of season 4 (that leads into Zeo).
When Amy Jo Johnson left the show my interest just took a nosedive. I think I was like 8 or 9 years old. Anyway, yeah I'm one of those guys, who's first crush was the original Pink Ranger ;)
I AM watching Dino Thunder at the moment, but I don't think I'm interested in watching any of the others.  The only series I might watch some time is Zeo, but that would just be to get some more Tommy and Jason action.
Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:22:56 pm by Balthazar
#77  April 25, 2014, 03:20:32 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I think pretty much just recall Mighty Morphin and Turbo being the only ones I recall a fair bit from, the only exception has been the odd reunion special like the one where they had all the red rangers together, or the crossover with the Ninja Turtles.
#78  April 26, 2014, 01:50:12 pm
The 10. Anniversary with all red rangers wasn't bad actually. Anniversary's don't have to be accurate or common to the story. It was good to show all red rangers in order. It is just a special wich doesn't follow the actual story. The crossover with TMNT was great aswell. It had to happen sooner or later.
#79  April 26, 2014, 06:05:54 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Fantastic animation! my 2 votes for COTM are reserved for this. (can't vote twice for the same character, I know ;D )
#80  April 27, 2014, 01:16:06 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Fantastic animation! my 2 votes for COTM are reserved for this. (can't vote twice for the same character, I know ;D )
sheesh thanks I was gonna release zamus on teh same month as balthazar's but I guess I will wait a few months instead.