YesNoOk

Gouken SF2 Sprite Sheet (and SF1 Portrait of him) (Read 256643 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, August 10, 2015, 04:33:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Old School SF2 Gouken (Sprite sheet inside)
#61  August 26, 2015, 11:13:25 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
I love how Gouken throws barrels lol

#62  August 26, 2015, 11:23:01 pm
  • Thank you so very much.
    • dhillonpowell@gmail.com
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
    • dhillon521mugen.weebly.com/
#63  August 27, 2015, 01:03:16 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Yeah I also love how he gets them out of nowhere.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say your trying to be a smart ass with your comment. Either that or you really luv barrels. Of course DJ added barrels from nowhere and that's what makes it fun or are you sour no one cares to work with you? Your non avatar image tells me all I need to know.
#64  August 27, 2015, 02:08:46 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
if you think barrels come outta nowhere, wait until you see the car and the bricks! hahahahahahahhaha! glad you guys enjoy! lets not forget that electr0 is making one too so its gonna be twice as fun!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#65  August 27, 2015, 04:17:23 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well, DJ, thank you very much for the video. You did an awesome job. But is there any chance someone could make a more old school version for SF2?

Also, a couple, of suggestions: Maybe make him slide forward a little bit with the standing heavy middle punch and maybe have his portrait be his main picture instead of the sprite.

Again, just suggesting. It does look really good so far though. The barrels were a nice touch.

How long did that take?
Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:32:58 am by SiL3Nt J
#66  August 27, 2015, 04:34:03 am
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
Yeah I also love how he gets them out of nowhere.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say your trying to be a smart ass with your comment. Either that or you really luv barrels. Of course DJ added barrels from nowhere and that's what makes it fun or are you sour no one cares to work with you? Your non avatar image tells me all I need to know.
Relax! It was a joke.  ;D If I sounded like a smart-ass then I'm sorry.

if you think barrels come outta nowhere, wait until you see the car and the bricks! hahahahahahahhaha! glad you guys enjoy! lets not forget that electr0 is making one too so its gonna be twice as fun!
Here is another idea. Have Gouken throw barrows that are on fire! Also does this Gouken have a story to it or is it the same as the Gouken that we know and love?
But Damn I would love to code for this!
Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:06:47 am by Dhillon521
#67  August 27, 2015, 05:14:16 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Another idea: Give him the Denjin Hadouken if you are going to do supers. I think there are enough sprites. I want to make the animations for the Shin Shoryuken eventually. I always thought it would be cool to give him an unblockable electric dragon punch.
#68  August 27, 2015, 09:48:25 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
Another idea: Give him the Denjin Hadouken if you are going to do supers. I think there are enough sprites. I want to make the animations for the Shin Shoryuken eventually. I always thought it would be cool to give him an unblockable electric dragon punch.

YEA! make some shoryuken! i got some crazy effects for it! im making this a custom gouken...but i will make him similar to the original. im not an accurate coder. my bad bro.
#69  August 27, 2015, 10:08:55 pm
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
If you guys need any intro dialogue then ask me.
Also could you give me Goukens small portrait?
Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:13:04 pm by Dhillon521
#70  August 28, 2015, 05:05:20 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well, since no one else has done it, here are the animations for the double ground fireball. If you want to see it in action, upload them to ezgif.com

Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:10:08 am by SiL3Nt J
#71  August 28, 2015, 08:08:47 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Why is he looking to the side (facing the screen?) while doing the second fireball? Looks unnatural...
#72  August 28, 2015, 11:53:37 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
he's gonna do that J. just be patient. that video is just a preview of whats to come. me and electro already added those in he can't be gouken without some hadoken
#73  August 28, 2015, 12:03:51 pm
He was talking about the sprites.
Why is he looking to the side (facing the screen?) while doing the second fireball? Looks unnatural...
I was just going to say it, you beat me to it. :P
I think we didn't need the new images showing how he shoots fireballs (since they're in the spritesheet).

Also you just converted one frame of Ken's kicks (the start up for Gouken's Tatsumaki Senpukyaku / Hurricane Kick). Why is that?
He has his eyes closed for all sprites too.
His portrait looks like blurred image (look at the face) that got rescaled (it's too pixellated).

When you work with colours, instead of picking new colours (because you don't need to pick new colours, you want to use the same palette) you index the spritesheet, so you have just one set palette to work with.
#74  August 28, 2015, 10:33:42 pm
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
Well I managed to fix up the sprite where he is looking to the side.
#75  August 28, 2015, 11:01:45 pm
Now fix the gi (light blue) a little bit and you're good to go.
If you want, you could fix the left foot too, it's wrongly positioned (just look at the knee).

I'm not against you guys, but these spritesheets use the same two heads for almost everything. :-\
#76  August 28, 2015, 11:19:55 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
If you want, you could fix the left foot too, it's wrongly positioned (just look at the knee).

I'm not against you guys, but these spritesheets use the same two heads for almost everything. :-\

LOL...u mad bro?!....hahahahha j/k. i didnt even notice that. good eye
#77  August 28, 2015, 11:42:59 pm
    • Skype - dhillon2004521

Me or?
#78  August 29, 2015, 01:16:24 am
Me or?

Me.

I fixed:
- the foot
it's bent a bit, so I took the other frame's foot as a reference and worked from there

- the head and torso (you didn't do a good work, sorry)
I took the original frame, the other frame's head, deleted some pixels, pasted the head and edited the surrounding area

- the arm
complete reshade, there was the wrong lightsource.

The result is... well, the result of all the edits.

LOL...u mad bro?!....hahahahha j/k. i didnt even notice that. good eye
:XD:
Thanks.
Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:32:46 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#79  August 29, 2015, 01:49:47 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
A couple of things Alex:

1st, the reason I put the sprites in that last post of mine was so that a gif could easily be made.

The reason I used one of Ken's kick's for the start up of the hurricane kick is because that's how he does the move in SF4, I didn't have time to convert all of the animations of that kick.

Also, he doesn't have his eyes closed. That was intentional. I just thought it looked better to have his eyes be a kind of a brown/black color, like SFA Guy, than to give him whites in his eyes like most of the other characters. Just made him look more bad ass to me. I got the idea for this from SF3 Sheng Long since there were no whites in his eyes:

As for the portrait, those are hard as shit to make for SF2. If you don't believe me, cut and paste and just look at the insane amount of colors. It was really just a Zangief SF2 portrait that I took the hair off of and added a beard to. If you want to work on it though you are more than welcome.

Also, I have no idea how to index a sprite sheet. I cut and pasted a sprite sheet of Ryu that was uploaded by Grim and then pasted it into paint and went to town. I don't have any fancy programs/software. It was all just bare minimum tools.

Also, forgot to mention this, his head was supposed to be facing the screen for the last frame of the Hadouken. I did that on purpose. I made a head just for that animation because when he turns his head, it really looks like he is putting a lot of effort into that 2nd fireball, the same way a person's head snaps when they get hit hard or the way their head turns when they throw a haymaker or hit a baseball really hard.

I wanted it to look like he was putting all of his power into the fireball.

Also, there were about 10 or 12 different heads, I put a lot of time into that.
Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:57:05 am by SiL3Nt J
#80  August 29, 2015, 01:51:41 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Also, forgot to mention this, his head was supposed to be facing the screen for the last frame of the Hadouken. I did that on purpose. I made a head just for that animation because when he turns his head, it really looks like he is putting a lot of effort into that 2nd fireball, the same way a person's head snaps when they get hit hard or the way their head turns when they throw a haymaker or hit a baseball really hard.

I wanted it to look like he was putting all of his power into the fireball.