YesNoOk

How do I disable the default MUGEN AI for my char? (Read 2677 times)

Started by Alzter, July 07, 2018, 12:24:15 pm
Share this topic:
How do I disable the default MUGEN AI for my char?
#1  July 07, 2018, 12:24:15 pm
  • I make games, art, etc.
    • Australia
I want to give my character custom AI, but I want to remove the default AI first.
When I go against it, it randomly moves and attacks, which is what I don't want.
Re: How do I disable the default MUGEN AI for my char?
#2  July 07, 2018, 01:12:16 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I haven't messed with AI too much. I dont think it ever goes away. The way AI usually works is mugen just inputs all types of commands over and over and over. It's the code's job to only let 1 thing work exactly when you want it.
So if you don't want the AI to do anything, you need to make it so NONE of your input commands work if AI is active.
Then, somehow the AI can still do things usually. Walking and jumping and all that.
What I'd do is make a changestate to a custom state to just stand there. Say state, 10000. Just use State 0, copy and paste and rename it. Then edit it so P1 has no control.
The CPU should switch to that state if you set up the AI command. I'd use just one trigger (besides the triggerAll that checks for your AI var)
Trigger1 = stateno = 0

Then when you add your AI code, code it like normal, but add a check to see if it's in state 10000. Once you have enough AI cooked up, remove those checks.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: How do I disable the default MUGEN AI for my char?
#3  July 07, 2018, 10:34:03 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Add a buffering system to it. That pretty much eliminates everything the default AI does.