YesNoOk

Need some help on a character's air combo system (Read 4477 times)

Started by BwdYeti, August 28, 2007, 07:40:20 am
Share this topic:
Need some help on a character's air combo system
#1  August 28, 2007, 07:40:20 am
    • www.bwdyeti.com
In the game the character I'm working on is originally from (I won't say yet until I fix this and thus have a workable beta) hits on aerial opponents not only push them up a bit (unless they're spiked), but also changes their yaccel for the duration of the hitstun to make them floatier and thus more easily keep them in the air. However, they regain their original yaccel once out of hitstun. Originally I tried a workaround by setting their yaccel to the lower value in his attacks' hitdefs and the using a helper that hit right at the end of hitstun and restored it, but that had... numerous problems.

My new idea is to have the character use a modified state 5030 (upward movement after hit in the air) to himself act like that for all aerial hits, and then somehow pass his state to his opponent so they act properly too. However, I'm not sure how to go about this, since the opponent needs to only use his states when they're in the air, and only 5030 (and probably 5020). Is this possible, and/or would it make more sense to just have opponents act like they do in their own games in the air and my character act like his game?

Also, I'm almost certain I'll need to force the opponent into a custom state for his launcher (that'd just be p2stateno under hitdef, right?) since it always launches the same way on all characters. I'd just like to know if there's anything special I need to do with this to make sure it doesn't conflict with character with either super armor or characters that can't be thrown.

Thanks much to anyone who can help. :D
I'm making exact as possible Bleach DS 2nd characters. Contact me if you have any ideas, suggestions, or whatever.
http://www.bwdyeti.com/mugen

1. Kon 98%
2. Byakuya 90%
3. Ikkaku 80%
4. Ukitake 0% Uki was always here and did not steal Kanonji's spot. >__>
5. Kanonji 0%
(ahahaha this sig is 5 million years old just pretend it doesn't exist)
Re: Need some help on a character's air combo system
#2  August 28, 2007, 08:56:28 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I suggest targetvelset.

It's just like a velset but it applies only to your target.

You may need to tweak the triggers a little to get it working correctly but something like

trigger1 = movehit > 0 && movehit < 10
x = 0
y = -1
ignorehitpause = 1

should get things started at least.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.