YesNoOk

**NEW** RETROVERSUS 2.5 || AceMillion (Read 33096 times)

Started by Ace-Million, June 08, 2018, 11:56:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: **NEW** RETROVERSUS 2.5 || AceMillion
#21  June 20, 2018, 07:47:13 pm
    • USA
He doesn't care about you releasing characters. It's really just a respect thing. Just as MA takes permissions for everyone stuff, takes away our opportunity to do so, much like anything pirated. He wants everything related to their stuff be as it was released by "them", open source. I get it, especially when its original sprites, etc. Not owned by any company. It sucks, but, if you don't pay any mind to it, it won't matter. This is literally what mugen is. You can't stop it once its online.

Aye & I know it feels like "it doesn't matter" "he is overreacting" let it happen to you & see that it doesn't make you feel some type of way, justified or not.
Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:54:54 pm by ;x
#22  July 21, 2018, 11:18:18 am
when i click the mugen exe it just open then closes. no errors or nothing. just open and closes. sf perfect never did that to me. this retro old and new does this when trying to play game. what do i need to do to run it ?

---------------------------------------------------
M.U.G.E.N ver 1.1.0 Beta 1 P1 (2013.08.11) status log
---------------------------------------------------
Parsing command line...
Command line: C:\Users\platn\Desktop\RETROVERSUS 2.5\mugen.exe.exe
Parse command line OK
Initializing...
Allocating game variables
Reading configuration file...Setting language "en".
OK
Initializing timer...performance timer enabled...frequency 2437502...OK
Initializing keyboard...configuring...OK
Initializing input engine...OK
Initializing sound...OK
Initializing BGM...  OK
Initializing graphics...gameCoord 1920x1080...render mode 2_22...trying 1920x1080x32 mode 0x0...

i dl the big boy version.
Intel Core i5 (7th Gen) 7300HQ / 2.5 GHz
gtx 1050 ti 8 gig
8 gig ram

is this were i change the resolution ?

;Game native width and height.
 ;Recommended settings are:
 ;  640x480   Standard definition 4:3
 ; 1280x720   High definition 16:9
 ; 1920x1080  Full HD 16:9
GameWidth =  1920
GameHeight = 1080

the first retro ran on entry level amd gaming laptop. ever since i got a better one they dont run at all. i played around with the resolutions and render modes, nothing works. it just open and then closes, no error message or anything. is it nvidia graphics card ?
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:46:41 am by bwoods81
#23  July 25, 2018, 07:12:06 am
  • www.soundcloud.com/acemillion
Try the light version it comes without the graphics engine. Windows 10 did an update that made it difficult for certain people to run SweetFx. Thats all it is bro. If you still have problems let me know so we can get it fixed for you.

#24  July 26, 2018, 08:16:17 am
aite bet. im salty i have to use the light version. it is what it is. im look into that SweetFx. if i can find the update id remove that sob unless it was one of the critical ones. thanks for the info.

the light version works flawless but i want to play the big dog version. if you find a fix or work around let me know please. the light version will get me buy until i can play the main one.
Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:06:25 am by bwoods81
#25  July 27, 2018, 01:45:54 am
  • Wowzers!
Wowzers the haters were out.... and none was about the gameplay... so that a good thing right? lmfao

AND... Molebox is for noobs to not break your game.... like the developer options... you gotta know how to turn that on...

anywayz good job Ace... and that Album is dope too.
#26  July 31, 2018, 08:13:00 pm
hey, bwoods just go and get the sweetfx graphics engine and install it to retro versus and I can tell you how to put it back on 4k. Also are you the guy that has this problem on youtube? Sounds like the same exact question

Thanks Unomic for checking out the album and understanding and trying out the game, I don't think this was haters just a misunderstanding, and a different outlook between creators, I'm sure its all in the love of Mugen and art.

P.s. we had a big stream yesterday from gaming fbook channel if you guys are interested and in staying updated with retro versus please send me facebook request.

Im also, still working to find issues or problems or fixes so if you come across any, leave them here so I can fix them.
#27  August 09, 2018, 11:12:18 am
Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:17:47 am by bwoods81
#28  August 11, 2018, 02:50:49 pm
Its fairly simple. Once you download it*Google SweetFx* youjust apply it to the game directory. Best to look up a tutorial pn what configurations to use...Keep in my mind my 4k mugen has it already installed the resolution could be lowered to where you maybe can run the high end version
#29  August 12, 2018, 07:34:59 pm
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
Having a lot of fun toying around with the game. 

Have you had any problem with the bottoms of the stages showing during Supers?  Anytime I perform a super it happens.   I did have to drop my resolution to get it to play (1280x800)  Would that have any bearing on the issue?
#30  August 13, 2018, 03:06:49 am

Have you had any problem with the bottoms of the stages showing during Supers?  Anytime I perform a super it happens.   I did have to drop my resolution to get it to play (1280x800)  Would that have any bearing on the issue?

Yes, that would hurt the fidelity of the stages, but I don't see why 1280 by 720 would work for you. Have you tried that or 800x600 that definition you applied isn't a standard one

#31  August 13, 2018, 06:56:39 am
new to all this, tried to start it up and i get a pop up notification saying everything was good except "game coord 1920x1080... render mode 2_22...trying 1920x1080 mode 0x0... failed"
#32  August 13, 2018, 05:39:19 pm
new to all this, tried to start it up and i get a pop up notification saying everything was good except "game coord 1920x1080... render mode 2_22...trying 1920x1080 mode 0x0... failed"

Change the resolution in mugen to 1280 x720 you seem to have downloaded the heavy version...Maybe you should try light if that resolution doesn't work for you.
#33  August 14, 2018, 04:06:54 am
welp, i tried. the resolution thing helped. it atleast stopped the error message. no response from the empty select screen that opens up now. anyways, good job man. the game looked cool on the youtube video.
#34  August 14, 2018, 10:15:39 pm
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com

Yes, that would hurt the fidelity of the stages, but I don't see why 1280 by 720 would work for you. Have you tried that or 800x600 that definition you applied isn't a standard one

That fixed it!  1280x720 was exactly what it needed.  Thanks!
#35  August 15, 2018, 02:45:11 pm
welp, i tried. the resolution thing helped. it atleast stopped the error message. no response from the empty select screen that opens up now. anyways, good job man. the game looked cool on the youtube video.

Hmmm, make sure you are clicking the red mugen icon- that say RETROVERSUS. I dont know why you have an empty select screen, are you using an official download release of my game?

Also try the light version, your windows10 could possibly disagree with the graphics that are applied.
Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:50:30 pm by Ace-Million
#36  August 15, 2018, 04:21:58 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Yo ace. Would you be willing to release the screen pack separately?
#37  August 25, 2018, 04:26:50 am
#38  August 26, 2018, 04:08:42 pm
  • Kikou Shou
Love the dedication you have to your game.  Have yet to see a complete game rival yours.

Any plans on making a version just strictly like POTS?  No juggles or any of that. Game is incredibly fast and hard for me to keep up hehe.

Good luck on your next update.
#39  September 10, 2018, 07:35:38 pm
  • No time to waste
    • Argentina
    • http://lovinallgames.blogspot.com
I wanna clarify what I'm about to say right now because I wanna avoid being criticized for something that has no real weight in this world:

Don't take it pesonal nor take it as an insult, it's just a point of view and the way I see it.
And also, I'm not against nor in favor of anyone in this topic or the whole forum, ok?
I do respect every single post, creation or whatever might be here.
I REALLY REALLY wish I was talented enough to do things on my own just to be able to give even if it was a little something back to every person that created amazing characters, stages, music and everything else in here.

To begin with, MUGEN is an open source FREE coding program.
NO ONE of every single user here paid for MUGEN ever (at least, as far as I can tell).
Whatever you do with it, comes directly from your imagination and capabilities with it... coding, creation, sprite ripping or making your own sprites, etc.
Now... there's a thin red line between all terms on properties and creations. Why? Simple: most of the works in here come from different sources that were previously created by companies such as Capcom, SNK, Arc Systems, Midway (now Nether Realm studios if you wanna call it other way), Konami, etc.

So... to make it shorter: NONE of the works belong to anyone since they're completely based on something that existed before (only original creations from scratch could be called an exception here).
You can't go on every post claiming "this is mine" or "don't steal my job" because it was someone else's in the first place.
What would everyone do if Capcom & the gang came in here and said "hey, you know what... I wanna get paid for every single sound, sprite or stage you took from my games"?
Just to mention one of the possible worst case scenarios. If Bandai Namco or TOEI came here, they would shred everything in a matter of seconds.

What do I mean with all this? Well... if something is OPEN SOURCE do not complain later when it gets taken by others.
Why did you create it in the first place if you don't want to share it? Or why did you even release it? Keep it for your own use and only share screenshots or videos and that's it... no problem whatsoever.

And as for coding and credits on something anyone could've done... you should be claiming credit was given for it. Nothing else.
I don't really believe in things like "this is my creation" on a open source environment.
My opinion on that is just the same as above: didn't belong to you in the first place.
As long as the one who makes something out of it is not gaining a profit, making money or not recognizing your work, there's no reason to get pissed.

Finally... moleboxing and encryption on data... well, that's a low blow. Even if your edits do not work on any other MUGEN version, that's not yours to decide.
Even if you edited everything to fit properly... it wasn't done by you initially. If the creator didn't encrypt data... why would you?
At least, respect the original desire of who released his/her work as an open source in the first place.

Again: don't get angry. It's just how I see it.
I really love MUGEN, the idea of playing or seeing characters and things that normally companies don't do in one place... but I'm aware that EVERYTHING is done by heart. And as much as it can hurt seeing your work reflected somewhere else and claimed as someone else's job... it's something you can't avoid happening.
Only thing you can blame Ace in here if you want, is probably not mentioning on a disclaimer that characters were not his entirely and that credit goes to every editor. That's all.

And believe me... I've been in places where people stole my job and even got promoted at the office for something they didn't do... but as the phrase goes: shit happens.
Either you let it go and be fine with it or put lawyers and start legal actions over copyrights. But make sure you didn't modify something from any other company first... otherwise, legal actions are going against you instead.

Editors, creators and "compilers" (I call them that way when they put different works done by others in the same place) are their own bosses in here.
And I respect every single piece of work done a lot. I know what it means to be doing something for so long just to get discredited (does this word even exist in english? :P)... but feel proud that someone is using it for a good cause.
I feel Ace haven't done nothing wrong as any other in this topic did either.

Peace and keep it up, guys.
We're a community, not empires who want to destroy each other for power and control.
Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 07:43:04 pm by Arkillo1985
#40  September 11, 2018, 03:34:44 am
    • UK
Okay I had eyes on this for a while now and I wanna ask anyone who has tried it already..

Is it worth playing? Tis good or anything?
To play or not to play: That is the question...