YesNoOk

Some chars don't load and result in an error popup saying Can't load (char).sff  (Read 3227 times)

Started by Xenodar, October 01, 2018, 09:59:11 am
Share this topic:
Some chars don't load and result in an error popup saying Can't load (char).sff
#1  October 01, 2018, 09:59:11 am
    • Australia
Whenever I open up certain characters in Fighter Factory 3 or M.U.G.E.N, the char results in a popup saying that it cannot open it for some reason.
The popup says "Can't load >insert charname here<.sff" or .cns or .cmd. Need help pls!
Re: Some chars don't load and result in an error popup saying Can't load (char).sff
#2  October 01, 2018, 10:37:31 pm
  • For the Murder!
you are missing the file >insert name here<.sff or .cns or .cmd
it is either missing or named differently than the one declared in the .def file
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Re: Some chars don't load and result in an error popup saying Can't load (char).sff
#3  October 02, 2018, 07:28:17 am
    • Australia
Nah, thats not it. It just doesn't open for several chars. I've already checked each one in the def file and they are all accurate.
#4  October 02, 2018, 07:37:54 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Check if you're not trying to open a 1.1 char in MUGEN 1.0, for example?
#5  October 02, 2018, 07:58:33 am
    • Australia
That can't be it coz I have Mugen1.1 and the chars def file set the version as Mugen 1.1
#6  October 02, 2018, 08:33:06 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Are the file names written in wierd foreign characters?

Are you able to successfully load these files into FF on their own?
#7  October 02, 2018, 09:30:12 am
    • Australia
Yes, I can load them by themselves and the nothing is written with any foreign characters. Keeping in mind
that this is happening to several chars, I think it may have to do with the my available storage space or my RAM
#8  October 03, 2018, 04:34:42 pm
    • Philippines
    • ciosi@msn.com
I used a patch and it helped me IMMENSELY - I went from 1 error every 2 matches to NONE.
I highly recommend this patch I got from the archives:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:18:19 pm by Foobs
#9  October 18, 2018, 12:31:43 pm
    • Australia
Thank you very much
#10  October 18, 2018, 04:19:24 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Using a URL shortener to bypass a url filter? Not cool, man...
#11  October 18, 2018, 04:19:52 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I used a patch and it helped me IMMENSELY - I went from 1 error every 2 matches to NONE.
I highly recommend this patch I got from the archives:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Mirror it somewhere else.