YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 650794 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: YOU'RE (almost) FIRED!!!
#601  September 19, 2017, 02:30:29 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
but trump has lied more about trump than democrats ?
#602  September 19, 2017, 06:06:05 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#603  September 19, 2017, 08:33:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
To get back on a non-Byakko-related topic:

@Jmorphman: This was what I read right before making that original response to you, and what was in my head when I wrote it. Trump himself was pretty insistent over there not being a deal.
It's pretty clear a deal of some sort was made. It kinda just feels like arguing over semantics at this point. The White House may or may not consider the arrangement they came to with the Democrats a "deal" because it may end up falling through, and it's got a ways to go, and yet.

He's already backtracking on the Wall, and talking up the Dreamers, on Twitter and when talking to the press. It's pretty easy to draw a conclusion from all this.
#604  September 19, 2017, 02:10:34 pm
I can agree with that, just explaining where I was coming from originally.

That said, I think the massive backlash he got from his base re: DACA may lead to him reconsidering.

To me (and I have no source for this other than my ass) it feels like that Tweet spree was him testing the idea with his base, rather than committing to it.
#605  September 19, 2017, 06:38:32 pm
Problem is his base quite clearly want daca gone as well as a true wall so tweets like that are pointless if that's his strategy
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Rocket man burning out his fuse up here
#606  September 20, 2017, 04:07:04 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#607  September 20, 2017, 08:17:10 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Problem is his base quite clearly want daca gone as well as a true wall so tweets like that are pointless if that's his strategy

yeah, but that base also has no idea who DACA applies to, so what they want gone is nto really DACA, they want gone something that does not even exist in the first place.

might or not be the same base that was on obamacase, wanted it gone and got surprised when they lost the obamacare benefits they had.
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Rocket man burning out his fuse up here
#608  September 21, 2017, 12:26:04 am
#609  September 21, 2017, 12:56:01 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Like you I haven't looked into it, but at face value the most obvious thing to me is: Bill and Hillary Clinton are not the same person. Trump loves blaming everything on other people. His constant grandstanding regarding North Korea is doing nothing more than escalating the problem while making the rest of the shake their head thinking what a fucking idiot.

North Korea needs to be checked, there's no doubt about that. Shit-talking, however, is not the way to do it.
#610  September 21, 2017, 06:15:45 am
Entirely fair. He transfers blame from Bill to Hillary a lot. I don't know enough about their administration to know how active she was in it, but it's still probably pretty unfounded.

edit: In terms of how to actually deal with North Korea, my only opinion is that something should have been done ages ago, and 'it would fuck up diplomatic relations with China' is the only logical reason I can come up with why it wasn't. (Purely based on logic, not on actual knowledge). I have no fucking idea what the right thing to do is now and I'm not going to pretend to.
#611  September 21, 2017, 11:16:08 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Hillary was far more active in Washington's bills and goings-on, than almost all other first ladies. I'm pretty certain she had her handwriting in a few bills that became detrimental to the US.

Kim Jong-il was the reason things didnt happen ages ago.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#612  September 21, 2017, 03:54:15 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I look up things and try to learn about what options there are for North Korea.

Everyone knows they're masters of saber rattling... Always talking about fighting but never actually putting boots to the ground outside of the military parades they have. Here's the catch: North Korea has just as big an army as we do. Getting into a fight with them might be a rather big slog.

There's also the fact that they have nukes and aren't afraid to show it off. What if they target Seoul, which is 35-40 miles from the border? That would be catastrophic on a major scale.

There is no easy solution here. Hell, even what Snakebyte mentioned (which is pretty much code for 'assassination') would cause problems.
#613  September 21, 2017, 03:57:00 pm
There is no easy solution here. Hell, even what Snakebyte mentioned (which is pretty much code for 'assassination') would cause problems.

????????????????????

I was in no way suggesting assassination.

All I was saying was that getting into a fight with them would have been a much smarter option in the past, before they had nukes, and we're in the current situation of them being a real opponent that could end our civilization due to our earlier inaction.
#614  September 21, 2017, 03:58:08 pm
    • USA

????????????????????

I was in no way suggesting assassination.

All I was saying was that getting into a fight with them would have been a much smarter option in the past, before they had nukes, and we're in the current situation of them being a real opponent that could end our civilization due to our earlier inaction.

Okay, so I probably misread it. My bad.
#615  September 21, 2017, 04:19:29 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Fatty has to go, that's a no-brainer. He's irrational as fuck.

But he can't be killed by American assassins. Ideally, Pyongyang's military elite would kill him, either out of their own accord or under instructions of the Chinese. Then a semi-competent general or member of Kim's extended family (is there someone he hasn't feed to the dogs yet?) would take the reins and still nominally support North Korea's nuclear program, but without any serious commitment to blowing the shit out of South Korea and Japan.
#616  September 22, 2017, 06:21:14 pm
I look up things and try to learn about what options there are for North Korea.

Everyone knows they're masters of saber rattling... Always talking about fighting but never actually putting boots to the ground outside of the military parades they have. Here's the catch: North Korea has just as big an army as we do. Getting into a fight with them might be a rather big slog.

There's also the fact that they have nukes and aren't afraid to show it off. What if they target Seoul, which is 35-40 miles from the border? That would be catastrophic on a major scale.

Nah the only thing that stopping the USA and it's allies on going to war with Nokor is that SoKor's economy will be affected after the war. where do you think all those displaced NoKor citizen go after kim's regime fall? and alot of young South Koreans doesn't care much about the unification because of that. millions of people to take care of, billions of dollars would be needed. and alot of those NoKor guys would have trouble adjusting, they have very limited skills to get a job or to be useful to SoKor  jobs that require manual labor is the only thing they could provide but obviously it will be filled up.

the only solution here is that NoKor should have a rebellion or a coup to overthrow the current regime or Kim jung un opens it borders just like china and russia did.
forgot his name it's not Zhou Enlai someone who worked under him, the one who is responsible why china became what it is today, kim jung un should read some history his country could still be salvaged,  and cuba is doing the same today , they are in the watchlist of potential investments the business community is keeping a close eye on cuba because of it's potential.

honestly years ago , i thought kim jr here would do better than his father. because of his educational back ground and how he was raised. i thought if ever that he would succeed his father he would be open to new ideas because he grew up in europe he saw the world without censorship without filters.
Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:25:17 pm by 地獄の花
#617  September 22, 2017, 07:33:49 pm
    • USA
I know exactly what you're talking about there with the younger South Koreans not being fond of unifying the two nations. It was in the opinion page of my local paper's Sunday newspaper some time ago.
#618  September 23, 2017, 07:09:27 pm
    • USA
Sorry for the double post, but our "wonderful" President has now focused his anger from North Korea to... NFL Players who protest the anthem (among others)

He also took time on his favorite social platform to tell Golden State that they're not allowed to come to the White House because the star of the team is questioning the idea since, well, Trump is a real 'dotard'.
#619  September 23, 2017, 10:14:16 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It's just like the CEO manufacturers council, he tries to claim he's rescinding the invitation after everyone already quit.

LeBron James said:
U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!
lol
#620  September 23, 2017, 11:22:50 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Trump going as far as calling Kaepernick a son of a bitch is very telling to me. A black man protesting racial injustice is spoken of harshly, but those Charlottesville protesters? Very fine people.