YesNoOk

Capcom vs. The World (Updated with new info, need feedback!) (Read 74055 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 25, 2010, 06:06:48 am
Share this topic:

Poll

What type of Super commands should the game use?

SF-style Commands (D,DF,F,D,DF,F,P for example)
3 (14.3%)
MVC/Vs.-style Commands (D,DF,F,2P for example)
18 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Re: Capcom vs. The World
#61  January 27, 2011, 11:59:22 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I sent you a PM with some stuff if you want to ;)!

Aside that, I would not be helpful in here, I also have my project. Good luck!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#62  January 27, 2011, 02:36:59 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Figured I'd post this here as well. I whipped this up for fun to see how he'd look in CvS style. I used his simple but classic MK1 outfit (but ncluded his scar since it's kind of his thing at this point).

Download Last Bout now!
#63  January 27, 2011, 03:10:32 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
nice...even better than the Binho MK ninjas...yours has much more depth. I know you said MK classic, but to me it screams Mythologies for some reason.

It would be sick to have this guy completed in mugen.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#64  January 27, 2011, 03:35:48 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
yeah man...come to think of it I have it on emulator/rom fashion and was playing it yesterday.yer subby does remind me of mythologies subby.still the same guy though if you think about it cuz myth. was before the first MK chronologically
#65  January 31, 2011, 12:10:26 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
That Sub-Zero is badass.

Also, I'm happy with the roster for this game as long as Link is in it ;D
#66  February 01, 2011, 01:46:52 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Spriting is hard.
#67  March 04, 2011, 09:44:49 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
sorry if I'm necro bumping this but I think this guy needs a mugen appearance...

Nightmare SC4....I did the sprite and yes I know it's not done yet...still needs an arm and his Soul Edge
#68  March 04, 2011, 09:55:18 pm
#69  March 04, 2011, 10:30:38 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Could've been more Noob Saibot-ish.  :P
#70  March 05, 2011, 01:48:18 am
also regarding mario, you could reshade shinryoga's sprites and it could look pretty pretty good
#71  March 28, 2011, 12:11:00 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Hey guys, I'm looking for some feedback on how the gameplay should work. To be honest, I'll have to do a lot of sprites for this game, so I'm looking to minimize on that and save time by perhaps making the game use a 4-button system, or maybe even the L-M-H-S layout from Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I hope that doesn't sound lazy, but Squall's sprites especially have been quite detailed and it would help a lot to not have to do so many attack animations, and to not have to recycle animations for characters that come from 4-button games just to give them 6 buttons worth of attacks.

Basically, here's some ideas for how the general gameplay would work, and you guys feel free to give me feedback or make some of your own suggestions:

Either a KoF/MvC2 4-button layout (2 punches, 2 kicks) or a MvC3 4-button layout (Light Attack-Medium Attack-Heavy Attack-Special Attack)
Combo system would be fast and loose, like SHADEs/MvC
2 to 3 supers per character
Back dash and run for every character
Advancing guard or maybe a Guard Crush system? Or both? (need opinions)

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. This is looking more and more like something I will actually make, as long as I get at least a little sprite and code help from people.

I was also looking for someone who is good with photoshop and general graphics and FX stuff to make a nice screenpack for the game. Maybe someone could work up just a mock screenshot to show me some ideas.

PLEASE READ:

It's important to note that the roster on the first post is outdated at this point, and will probably be heavily changed, including but not limited to the addition of Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Goku (since I have permission from Balthazar to use the sprites once that gets released), Koopa Troopa, and maybe even a fairly popular anime character from the 90's that I don't want to officially announce just yet  ;D.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:14:45 am by Sean Altly
Re: Capcom vs. The World (Updated with new info, need feedback!)
#72  March 28, 2011, 12:27:41 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
That's understandable. A four-button system will suffice.

For the sake of nostalgia, I would go with the MvC2 button layout. Most, if not all characters have a punch/kick layout, so that'll complement the characters already used and might be for easy porting if you decide to add more characters.

As far as back dash/run, I say go with what's suitable with the character depending on the game you are basing him initially on, and if their supers complement it (or not, if you want them to be hard to connect) some can have a run, and some can have a dash.

I like the guard break system implemented on Soul Calibur IV as I thought it will discourage blocking, but it'll be too cumbersome to make one to suit your needs. Other than that, I have no opinions on your guard system.

Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#73  March 28, 2011, 12:22:56 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Well its good to have 4 buttons cuz I know the MK games relied on four buttons and a run and block button...both run and block would be taken care of already if you go somewhat of a capcomish route which leaves the 4 buttons for attacks...I vote yes to four buttons...So Scorp and Subby would be taken care of generally as far as moveset...if I was good at cvs spriting Id be glad to do Subby or Scorpion...Idk Sean if ya wanna take a look at the cvs sprite thread I did an edit of Subby with Joe Higashi as the base...
Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:28:05 pm by Zombie Sagat
#74  March 28, 2011, 12:37:18 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
-Im ok with 4 button(less attacks to sprite for you).

-Id rather see closer to CVS2 than MVC2. I prefer the more overall balanced feel. Maybe not grooves though
For system stuff:
-Safe fall
-parry/just defend/rolling
-guard crush
-maybe a desperation system when on low health?

-Im not sure how much you changed the roster, but Id rather see Ken over Ryu and Charlie over Guile. If Felo finishes C.Viper, Id like to see her in. Id also like to see Tessa on the Capcom side if you could sub her in somewhere.

-Not sure how much you changed the roster again, I would drop King for Terry or Kyo. Im anti Mortal Kombat so I would be for one of the ninjas and not both. Up to you though.

I guess I should wait till the roster is updated before posting anything feedback outside of that on it.

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#75  March 28, 2011, 02:47:03 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
I'm glad to see there is an update on this project. 4 button sounds cool. Idk if mvc3 system would work for every character.
Spriting is hard.
#76  March 28, 2011, 03:38:40 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm pretty sure any system can work, as long as it's consistent throughout the whole game.
I prefer the conventional 4-buttons KOF system.

Guard crush is fine to me.
Do you already have any ideas for a particular mechanic that you'd create just for the game, with interaction between characters, to reinforce the fact it's a full game and not just a "compilation of chars made by one guy" ?
#77  March 28, 2011, 08:10:33 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
...if I was good at cvs spriting Id be glad to do Subby or Scorpion...Idk Sean if ya wanna take a look at the cvs sprite thread I did an edit of Subby with Joe Higashi as the base...

Well, I actually posted a CvS-style Sub Zero sprite earlier in the thread, and I'm looking forward to spriting him since it would be relatively easy. I do appreciate the offer though.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Well, I was going to post a revised version soon, but I had decided on including Ken AND Ryu, which I know may be unpopular, but I feel obligated to include Ryu because of how popular and important he is, but I really wanted Ken in as well as a personal preference. The gameplay will most likely still be closer to MvC so I won't have to spend so much time on the combo system. If I leave it loose there won't be as much of an expectation for each character to have this combo or that combo and for the timing to feel just like it did in whatever game it came from. Also, Charlie will definitely be in over Guile, because Charlie is my favorite fighting game character of all time.

I'm glad to see there is an update on this project. 4 button sounds cool. Idk if mvc3 system would work for every character.

Yeah, I'm probably going to go with the 2 punches and 2 kicks setup.

I'm pretty sure any system can work, as long as it's consistent throughout the whole game.
I prefer the conventional 4-buttons KOF system.

Guard crush is fine to me.
Do you already have any ideas for a particular mechanic that you'd create just for the game, with interaction between characters, to reinforce the fact it's a full game and not just a "compilation of chars made by one guy" ?

Not really yet, outside of things like character-specific win quotes and maybe dialogue "cut scenes" at the beginning of certain matches. If you have any ideas, feel free to share them.

Download Last Bout now!
#78  March 28, 2011, 09:26:28 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
you could possibly have Ryu in the background cheering Ken on, that way he still makes an appearance. I had an idea for subby regarding a counter move. similar to mk vs dc(happens to be one of the only moves I liked in the entire game besides the classic subby and scorpion moves) subby freezes himself for a couple frames and if done right on getting hit he freezes them just by touch. after that he delivers a nice uppercut or hard punch backwards which breaks the ice and with good fx looks awesome
#79  March 28, 2011, 11:33:19 pm
you could possibly have Ryu in the background cheering Ken on, that way he still makes an appearance.
that sounds silly tbh

two kicks and two punches is fine and reduces the required sprite work. guard crush sounds good. if you wanted to go nuts with character interaction you could have intro dialogue for every character combination like in svc chaos, although that would require lots of writing and creativity. maybe people around the forum could come up with some dialogue.

MDD

#80  March 28, 2011, 11:58:42 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
If you're serious about this then Ryu is a must since he and Megaman are the faces of Capcom. It would be like saying you want Robin but not Batman, Luigi but no Mario etc.

An MvC3 button layout would be cool but it may or may not workout, in which case a MvC2/KOF layout would be a better choice.

Also, the roster needs more Killer Instinct. Fulgore maybe?