YesNoOk

Nekomata/Felynn (cat girl) idea. (Read 2808 times)

Started by cheddarsword, January 20, 2017, 07:55:06 am
Nekomata/Felynn (cat girl) idea.
#1  January 20, 2017, 07:55:06 am
    • USA
been thinking about this for a little while now. i'm a fairly decent spriter... well, I can get the job done if I need/want to, and this is an idea i'd be willing to commit myself to.

if you've never seen them, the nekomatas, sometimes called felynns, are cat girls that are rather similar in design to Felicia from Darkstalkers. as such, her MVC2 sprites would be the base, because by "similar in design", I mean that they're practicaly the same design.

main differences? Felicia fights like a cat. nekomatas fight like they're in Dragon Ball Z, Naruto and One Piece!!!

beam blasts, shadow clones, gatling punches, it's all there.

here's a video of some of their skills in action in Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance. skip to about 3:38 to see them. oh, and warning: if you're uncomfortable with Felicia's level of nudity, don't bother. they're on par with that. also, If you do watch the video, I wouldn't keep watching too far past the nekomatas, as the succubus class also has their skills featured, and... they get... uncomfortable... if you get my drift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRZPU0HjkMk

now, I know that there's not a lot on display here, but I figure that's enough for the bigger specials/supers, and the rest could be a mix of felica's old moves with some new moves entirely. also, the nekomatas have been in a few disgaea games, so naturaly i'll source from them too.

also, i would want to use their voices, not rehash felicias. since i have Disgaea 3, 4, D2 and 5, depending on what sounds can be turned on/off, i may just be able to jack right into my laptop and record with audacity. I've done it before, and the quality is great.
Re: Nekomata/Felynn (cat girl) idea.
#2  January 21, 2017, 06:53:02 am
    • USA
i'm going to look into doing this, but truth be told, i'm not exactly sure where to start. should I find a spritesheet first, or just dump the sff file of a good MVC sprite Felicia?

I wouldn't be coding her myself so you know. no, i'd need a good coder to put her together.

is anyone available for it?
#3  January 21, 2017, 10:59:44 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
What graphical style are you going for this Nekomata?

Is this for an invidivual project? Or a you making a full game?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4  January 21, 2017, 03:04:47 pm
    • USA
it's just an individual project. graphical style... well, more or less like a more anime version of MVC2 I guess.

I really like the nekomatas in game, and considering that they're so similar to Felicia, I thought it'd be nice to flesh out a nekomata for mugen instead of the ones that just use the sprites from the games.

although, if this project does go well, I think I could see myself maybe working on doing the same for other characters. I mean, hell, Killia is essentially a demon form of Goku when it comes to movesets.

Ultimate Demon Technique, Ultimate Skill: Macrocosm is VERY MUCH like the 100X Big Bang Kamehameha.

ya' know, if they weren't so damn huge, I could probably base Seraphina off of Noel Vermillion's massive sprites. (gun fu anyone?)