Apologies for the constant double and triple-posting, but I want to give a few updates on here concerning several things.
Firstly, Ryu is now in a very beta phase in the new gameplay style, with almost all the special moves implemented. Still to go are Light and Medium variations of the Joudan Sokutogeri, two more Supers and general tweaks to gameplay and visuals. I'll put up a beta release once he's done to have people test him out and give feedback on what I can do to improve the gameplay system overall.
Secondly, I've been working on some concepts for the screenpack, although since I'm not great with photoshop they may not come into fruition at all. So far, all I have is a logo and a shitty select screen concept. Enjoy (nor not )
Spoiler: Bad concept images! (click to see content)
Finally, I've been going through the roster (again), and I've realized that there's too much representation of fighting games on the Universe side, rather than all kinds of media that it should be. So I'm going to be fielding suggestions for characters in Capcom vs. The Universe, particularly on the Universe side - I would like to keep the character count to around twelve or thirteen a side, barring any extra characters like Final Bison and Nightmare Geese. So fire away, guys - the only stipulation is that the character needs to have sprites that would fit in with a general Capcom aesthetic. And whilst I'm about it, I'd like to share my own wishlist for characters I would like to put in here:
- Kamen Rider Fourze: Any Kamen Rider character would do here, but I figure that Fourze would probably be the most interesting character to do because of the wild variety of moves his Astroswitches could afford him. His Character Power would allow him to switch fighting styles by swapping out the Astroswitches in his belt, allowing him to access new moves with different properties. He would probably serve as the rival to Batsu, allowing me to swap Heita Zinnai out and find some other obscure fighting game character to put in his place. The only issue I have is that whilst a Kamen Rider Fourze character exists, the sprites are atrocious and not what I want in the slightest.
- Jason Voorhees: Everyone's favourite(?) undead machete killer, Jason would not only add in some movie representation to the game, but would be a spice of horror in an otherwise goofy and colourful cast. I had a movelist concocted for Jason when I was planning out SNK vs. The World, and I'm fairly confident that I could adapt it to the 3-Button system of CvU. His special moves would not take great inspiration from MKX, but would be more focused on referencing the movies. His Rage Attack/Ultra Combo would cause a Fatality if it killed the opponent.
- Tifa Lockhart: Because I don't know shit about Final Fantasy, but I know a lot about Tifa. I am aware that Hatter is working on sprites of her, and wherever she would be included or not would most likely depend on when the sprites get completed or not. She'd most likely be a rekka-based character or a pseudo-grappler, to contrast with the vast majority of shotos in the cast.
- Link: As a huge Zelda fanboy, a decent Link in MUGEN would be a dream come true for me. Unfortunately, I'd want to use Adult Link, and the only sprites that were done of him were done by chuchoryu - and I do not think very highly of his spritework. Unless somebody offers to touch up those sprites and animations, this can only be a pipe dream for me, unfortunately.
- Mega Man X: This is a no-brainer, since the original Capcom vs. The World had the original Mega Man and Memo's CvW2 looks to have Mega Man Volnutt in. Again, this is a mad pipe dream, since I have no idea of the status of RamzaNeko's Mega Man X, and MetalWarrior has said he's not working on updating those sprites anymore. Sigh... a man can dream.
Whilst I'm rambling, I'd like to welcome Mai-Ling of Red Earth to the roster, and may also replace Ash Crimson with Vegeta as a more fitting rival to Akuma. KoF is getting the shaft a lot in this game, isn't it?
So yeah, fire away with your suggestions, folks. I'm wide open!