YesNoOk

How do you identify a state or anim group associated with thrown/throwing chars? (Read 537 times)

Started by redtinder, October 18, 2019, 01:54:47 am
Share this topic:
How do you identify a state or anim group associated with thrown/throwing chars?
#1  October 18, 2019, 01:54:47 am
Hi, I'm a super noob here but I'm doing my best to always exhaust my search options before using your time asking for help here.

Long story short, I'm using premade characters and FFStudio to learn - yet I can't find how Mugen tells the thrown character what animation to play when an attacker lands and executes a throw.  Particularly when using custom group numbers not associated with defaults like KFM. 

I thought it would show in whatever anim value is being triggered under the StateDef the attacker is triggering but nowhere in a throwing (or thrown) stateDef does it list a shared value in any of the command files in a 'targetstate' or a 'changestate' type.  I've even copied values that I think correspond to group numbers and ctrl+F'd every associated Command and States file.. no luck.

How does one identify a non-standard animation group so I can fix or create a missing thrower/throwee's animation?

====

Nevermind, found it!  p2stateno in a HitDef state is what defines the enemy state when throwing.
Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 04:12:55 am by redtinder
Re: How do you identify a state or anim group associated with thrown/throwing chars?
#2  October 18, 2019, 04:11:21 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Usually you'll use TargetState or (in the hitdef) the p1stateno and p2stateno params. And inside the custom state, ChangeAnim2 to make the target display the desired animation in the attacking character's AIR file.

[State 800, HitDef]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = AnimElem = 2
attr = S, NT
hitFlag = M-
priority = 1, Miss
getPower = 0,0
givePower = 0,0
sparkNo = -1
guard.sparkNo = -1
sparkXY = 0,0
hitSound = 800,0
guardSound = -1
fall = 1
fall.recover = 1
numHits = 0
p1StateNo = 810
p2StateNo = 820

OR

[State 810, TargetState]
type = TargetState
trigger1 = !Time && NumTarget
value = 820

Recommended to use TargetState as p2StateNo has some issues.

And in P2 custom state:

[State 820, ChangeAnim2]
type = ChangeAnim2
trigger1 = !Time
value = 820

Also to identify it on MUGEN, ctrl + D to enable debug, it displays the state and anim being used by the characters.
Re: How do you identify a state or anim group associated with thrown/throwing chars?
#3  October 18, 2019, 04:15:38 am
Thanks for responding! Literally just found it as you sent in your post.  Thanks for the extra info as well. That debug will come in handy!