Started by LurkerSupreme, May 19, 2013, 03:27:57 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- : New 2.5D Fighting Game
#61  May 20, 2013, 01:36:53 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Hey man I miss Leopaldon.
Might as well fix him up and include Raven while we're at it.

Axe May and RRRIIIIIIPPED Axl costumes would be really neat.

Also, considering BBCP is gonna be PS3-exclusive at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Xrd was to come out on PS4.
But even then, there doesn't seem to be too much detail for UE3 to force this game at 30fps. This seems like it could very well run at a solid 60 on PS3.

And yes I would love a new RK Factory.
#62  May 20, 2013, 01:42:48 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Crow, Gabriel, any of Slayer's buddies, and yeah even Raven could get in a fighter with his shit from GG2.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#63  May 20, 2013, 01:58:05 am
  • The Goddess Returns
You expect storyline continuity from a fighting game?
Except GG's has always been consistent, even what GGX Plus brought. The only story mode that wasn't canon was AC+'s and they even pointed that out.
That, and don't you play BlazBlue which is just a visual novel with a fighting game tacked on anyways? :V
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

That makes no sense if none of AC+ is canon...screw it, it plays out here I guess..

Otherwise....

MY BODY IS NOT READY!
*explodes into confetti* I get to play with Dizzy all over again...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#64  May 20, 2013, 02:18:15 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Unreal isn't locked at 30FPS yeah, but again, wonky stuff happens at 60FPS (That's one of the reasons why DmC was locked at 30)
Injustice and MK9 (I think) run at 60FPS and they use the Unreal tournament, but I recall reading somewhere that frame data was inconsistent every once in a while (Plus they use the dial-a-combo mechanic, so it's not like you can rely on hit confirms).
I don't know, I just feel like it'll be hard to tell if it's going work for those tricky Blue Roman cancels and Slashbacks, we'll see what happens. Technical bitching aside... Just give me Baiken and I'll be good to go. And I reaaaally don't like Millia's yellow suit, oh well I don't like Millia in general, I just thought her blue and white was pretty iconic.

Oh well, it's SHOW TIME.
#65  May 20, 2013, 02:19:38 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
That's the thing, GG2 came out before AC+. The latter was a reference to the former.

Also I thought DmC was locked at 30FPS because it had too much pretty shit to process.
PC version kinda made me think of it that way, since the console ver. often spiked at 15FPS. Looked pretty for naught, s'what I think. Putting looks over performance is bleaugh.
Also yeah MK9 runs at 60, but depends what you mean by inconsistent frame data too. If it's console-specific, it's almost always the case.
Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:23:12 am by Nega-Dad

SNT

#66  May 20, 2013, 02:20:45 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
S.D. said:
And I reaaaally don't like Millia's yellow suit, oh well I don't like Millia in general, I just thought her blue and white was pretty iconic.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the halloween color scheme she's got now.  Won't matter in the long run because she's bound to have if not a classic alternate costume then at least a classic color scheme.
#67  May 20, 2013, 02:34:06 pm
i wanna see jam kuradoberi! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!
#68  May 20, 2013, 02:47:11 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
All my money. All of it.

As pointed out already, it does seem a bit slower than I'm used to. It's still pretty damned quick, but it doesn't quite seem to be at the series' previous level of super fast insanity. The graphics, however, are amazing. That 3D rotation during the clash is instant hype. "Hey, these sprites look pretty go--OH GOD THEY'RE NOT SPRITES." Weird camera angle on dust, while neat-looking, is probably going to get annoying really fast. Maybe.

Judging by the title (and the presence of Millia and Eddie; also Ky's longer-than-GGXX-but-not-quite-GG2 hair), it's an interquel? Between XXAC and GG2: Overture.... hm. I'm cool with that, even if I was really hoping they'd continue the plot beyond Overture. Perhaps Raven will finally join the roster? I'm also quite curious about the involvement of the Post-War Administration Bureau. That Man is almost certainly a component of the plot.

The only gripe I have is this: ArcSys makes me want to give up spriting sometimes. Too good.
#69  May 20, 2013, 02:58:35 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Since this game is using models instead of sprites, maybe it's possible to have alternate costumes for the characters? All I want is the old Potemkin design. (And potemkin in general)

If that happens, they can take my money. All. Of. It.

Edit:
Oops, I guess S.D. already said that. :uhoh2:

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:02:08 pm by Douchebag with Shades
#70  May 20, 2013, 03:08:39 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
It's alright, we all want Proto-Potemkin to be in the game.
Also, Fanny. Izuna would be alright I guess but I'd rather have my main, Baiken.
#71  May 20, 2013, 03:45:44 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I hope this does not suffer from the "slightly less popular characters won't make it for cost reasons syndrome" that a lot of new fighting games that had big casts in the past do.

Aka me just hoping Venom and justice get in.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#72  May 20, 2013, 04:15:27 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
I just want Chipp Zanuff in and then this game will be an instant buy for me regardless of quality.
#73  May 20, 2013, 09:15:52 pm
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
No love for Zappa ? *sob
#74  May 20, 2013, 09:24:13 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Great, now I can't fall asleep because i'm all hyped when the next teaser will be released. :grrr:

#75  May 20, 2013, 10:21:07 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
As long as Faust is in I'm cool.

Also That Man as final boss please.
#76  May 20, 2013, 10:24:35 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi

#77  May 21, 2013, 06:36:05 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ

Much better.
#78  May 21, 2013, 06:39:09 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Honestly I don't mind new bulky Sol, but think ASW would acknowledge and apply this change?
#79  May 21, 2013, 07:29:42 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
posted  link on my channel for awareness
Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:39:35 am by Astral-kun
#80  May 21, 2013, 07:36:46 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
What the hell are you talking about?

Honestly I don't mind new bulky Sol, but think ASW would acknowledge and apply this change?
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's ASW?