YesNoOk

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (a.k.a. Sony Smash Bros) (Read 133517 times)

Started by Santtu, November 01, 2011, 11:44:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (a.k.a. Sony Smash Bros)
#1121  July 22, 2013, 08:20:12 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#1122  July 22, 2013, 08:38:28 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Oh, COME on.

First Abe, then Dart, now we learn that we could of had a more interesting stage than the Heavenly Sword/Wipeout stage?

Talk about a huge bummer all-around.
#1123  July 28, 2013, 08:08:31 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Talk about being disappointed here, I really like this game a bunch. It's a shame that Sony could not make better on making this a continued product. I was really looking forward to more characters and stages. Heck the online has it's few bugs but, it's fun as heck half the time. My gamer tag is Jrvs8d10 if anyone want to still battle.lol
#1124  August 03, 2013, 03:25:18 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
No more characters or stages will be released for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, balance patch in the works
Word came in today from Sony's Santa Monica Studio that the final DLC characters and stages for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale have been released, as such there will be no new additions to the roster from this point forward.

There was some positive news, though, Sony announced that a balance patch is in the works, and they gave a loose timeline of late this fall for its release — although that's subject to change based on development delays.

Also, the team said that a third set of costumes for Dante, Raiden, Heihachi, and Big Daddy would be available as a free download. These were exclusive pre-order bonuses, and hadn't been officially released. Also, Zeus and Isaac's third costumes will be thrown in as well.

Lastly, the team announced that they would be resetting their monthly tournament leaderboards, every month. Hit the jump to read the full rundown.

Hi guys,

First, thank you for your continued and passionate support for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. We've had a lot of challenges along the way, and we appreciate your dedication and commitment to the game. We understand there have been a lot of questions which we have been unable to answer. Today, we’d like to hit those head on and share our plans for the future.

First off, the tough news:

-- There will not be any new DLC characters or environments released for PS All Stars. We were proud to work with SuperBot Entertainment and they created a great game, but the characters that have already been released to-date represent the full content for PS All Stars.

-- In the course of any game's development, there are always elements that never quite get finished or the team decides not to use in the final game. Some of these additional materials from the game’s development phase have been recently released, but unfortunately these are very far from finished assets and were not included in the final game for a number of production and legal reasons.

On the brighter side, here are our plans going forward:

-- Balance Patch: This is still in the early stages of research and development. Even if everything goes smoothly with the development and implementation, the patch will not be finished until later this fall. In particular, we’re assessing all character strengths, weaknesses, and functionality for adjustment considerations in this patch. We have been monitoring your feedback in the forums, and will continue to follow your thoughts throughout the process.

-- We have a third set of costumes for Dante, Raiden, Heihachi, and Big Daddy that were only exclusively available as pre-order bonuses in the US. While the other pre-order costumes were eventually available for sale through the PlayStation Store, these last four costumes were never released. We are going to release these four costumes on PSN as a completely free digital download to everyone on August 27. We’ll keep you informed as the date approaches.

-- Zeus + Isaac's third costumes will also be made available free. This will require some back-end work, and so these two costumes will go live with the balance patch release later this fall. When they are released, these costumes will also be free for everyone to download from the PlayStation Store.

-- Monthly Tournament Leaderboard Resets: We are aggressively looking into the issue of title belts not being correctly appropriated to some people based on their seasonal performance. We do not have a fix at this time, but will keep you posted on our progress. In the interim, starting today, we are resetting the overall leaderboards, and will continue this on a monthly basis. Monthly seasons are back! Along with this effort we are going to establish a set of community activities that will be communicated on the official All-Stars forums, designed to recognize the top monthly competitors.

On a personal note, we want thank everyone for their dedication to the game. There have been a lot of challenges on the development side, and for the players as well, but it's this kind of passion from players that inspires us to try and move forward, even during difficult times.

- The Team at Sony Santa Monica

I'm sure no one was expecting anymore DLC Characters or Stages but hey at least there's free costumes and a balance patch left.

DMK

#1125  August 03, 2013, 04:02:55 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Just thinking of playing this a little again, I remember asking about that Raiden costume too. RIP though Sony Smash, you were kinda fun.  :)
#1126  August 05, 2013, 12:51:25 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
DMK what time are you available this week?  I wanna set some games up with you.

DMK

#1127  August 05, 2013, 03:44:21 am
    • USA
Tuesday I can be on around 5:30ish eastern.
#1128  August 09, 2013, 07:11:44 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So this is what they do instead of finishing all of that half-done DLC?

They make a fucking Coke commercial with Nathan Drake and Sackboy in it.
#1129  August 09, 2013, 09:20:03 pm
  • Was it something I said?
...That's just silly.
#1130  August 09, 2013, 09:26:06 pm
  • SNK is life
So this is what they do instead of finishing all of that half-done DLC?

They make a fucking Coke commercial with Nathan Drake and Sackboy in it.
Yeah, how dare they promote their IPs in a video probably funded by Coke!

#1131  August 09, 2013, 11:15:59 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Did they start fighting or something?
#1132  August 09, 2013, 11:48:26 pm
    • USA
What are you talking about? Did you see the video?
#1133  August 09, 2013, 11:57:07 pm
    • USA

Did you watch even one second of the video or did you just feel like taking a jab at me for no reason?  When I said "Coke Commercial" I was being disingenuous.  It's an ad for a mobile game with a handful of Sony characters and an obscene amount of product placement.
#1134  August 10, 2013, 12:14:14 am
  • SNK is life
Did you watch even one second of the video
Absolutely not. Youtube is a costly commodity in the era of mobile internet.

I just went by what you wrote, I didn't think you'd capitalize the word Coke if you didn't mean the soda. I apologize for my ignorance (because I do 100% ignore the contents of the video you posted), and if my post made you feel like I was antagonizing you.

#1135  August 10, 2013, 12:18:28 am
    • USA
Oh, well that explains it, then.  But I actually did mean the soda.  It's basically a bunch of minigames where you play as Kat or Sackboy and run around picking up little Coca-Cola bubbles, and there are Coke Zero logos plastered on every available surface.  Even the fucking health bar is a bottle of Coke Zero that empties when you get hit.

And that is what they decided to do instead of finishing any of that DLC content.  I try not to get too worked up over what could have been, but now that I see what they went with instead it's hard not to.

DMK

#1136  August 10, 2013, 02:04:10 am
    • USA
It makes me wish they had did as proper adventure mode too. Like Brawl, but oh no they would get even more comparisons to a game that knows how to do this shit properly! Maybe they will give it one more shot...on the PS5.
#1137  April 08, 2014, 04:53:39 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com