YesNoOk

Luis's Sketches  (Read 4477 times)

Started by lui, January 13, 2015, 08:11:51 am

lui

Luis's Sketches
#1  January 13, 2015, 08:11:51 am
    • USA
So, I've been doing some character art lately and I thought i would share some to get some feedback and criticism as well :)
I will probably post a sketch every 2 days because I have nothing better to do for a bit
Anyways, here's a quick 10 Minute draft of Kyosuke from Rival Schools (Sorry for crappy quality, I don't have a scanner and my phone's camera sucks. It looks MUCH better in person.)

I know I have ALOT to fix and clean (like that ugly-ass hand. Hands are my weakness :( ), after all this is only a 10 minute draft.
I'm going for a MVC2 artwork-like look with its shading, what do you guys think?
By the way, I ONLY do sketches. I am horrible doing digital art or anything with color. (I don't know why, colors on my sketches ruin it.)
EDIT: started prioritizing on shading his facial structure and upper body, finished the hand, but I still need to clean it and correct the shading. Re-did the line work on the left arm and improved face shape. I also fixed that awkward hair he had, but I need to clean the left over eraser marks still. Again, sorry for the low quality. It looks really clean in person or in HD.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:16:36 pm by luisdude1
Re: Luis's Sketches
#2  January 13, 2015, 01:58:57 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Seems pretty cool. I'm only somewhat bothered by the face outline's shape being too round, and the head shape in general seeming a bit tilted. But it's still pretty nice, you should eventually try looking for a way to apply colors to your sketches digitally, because I've seen people doing that here and there.

Shit

lui

#3  January 13, 2015, 02:20:13 pm
    • USA
ah, gotcha. I just noticed it now. And well, I'll half to wait on getting an actually good laptop in the future, as this laptop always has photoshop CS6 crash on me whenever i try to even click on Magic Eraser. Oh whale. Thanks for the input!
#4  January 19, 2015, 04:34:09 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
HOLY SHIT, I loved the MvC2 styled pose for his sketch :D

As you said, I will convert this sketch to a Hyper Port. for his level 1 Hypers :D [For Omega Combo I will make the special port animations from Project Justice ^^ ]

Nice job man, keep it up ^^
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#5  January 19, 2015, 04:36:48 am
    • USA
wow man thanks for the nice words. I should be done in about 1 day, maybe 1 and a half. I will start on Hinata after, then Batsu.
It's a shame my Camera sucks. It looks very clean and Hi-res up in person.
If you want I can also do the special port anims for the team-up hyper.

lui

#6  January 21, 2015, 11:31:00 am
    • USA
took a break from my MUGEN sketches so i can draw some of dem waifus yo

Obviously it's a WIP.
(again, my camera quality is pure crap. it is very clean and nice in person.)
#7  January 21, 2015, 11:43:39 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
It's looking pretty good. I just can't get used to her face, though. Her chin is rather pointy, and the structure in general seems weird. In my opinion, you could try making the eyes a bit smaller and make the lip seem more natural.

Shit

lui

#8  January 21, 2015, 12:02:25 pm
    • USA
thanks for the input. and the eyes are smaller in person, the lighting just made the blacks on the eyes and eyelashes merge with eachother.

lui

#9  June 16, 2015, 02:06:50 am
    • USA

wup-wup.
#10  June 16, 2015, 02:23:07 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hair detail is amazing, but the face is... oddly distorted, and the ear is a tad too small. Were those intended effects?

Also, do you have a tablet (iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tab rather than Wacom if you don't have the money for the latter)? If yes, then I highly recommend you get Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile, and upgrade to Essentials (which is free). You might like it. :)
This is a generic forum signature.

lui

#11  June 16, 2015, 03:05:24 am
    • USA
What ear? I didn't draw a visible ear.
#12  June 16, 2015, 03:21:34 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.