YesNoOk

Megaman (Classic) for CvTW (Read 179902 times)

Started by Sean Altly, July 08, 2013, 04:27:37 am
Share this topic:
Re: Megaman (Classic) for CvTW
#41  July 11, 2013, 10:14:33 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Maybe a lesser version of it, it looks like it would go on way too long. Maybe Attack > Copy Vision >Two or Three of those > Ends in Big Explosion or Double Mega Upper.

I'm also thinking Crash Bomb for one of his Special Weapons, as described in that moveset. I may do away with weapon selection and have all of them available to him through different commands, as was suggested earlier. Gives him more versatility. I'll just make sure to differentiate him enough from Arthur.

Download Last Bout now!
#42  July 11, 2013, 10:57:22 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I don't know if he has the sprites for it, but Crash Bomb can also be used as a grab I suppose, where he would grab and attach an explosive. Although, if you make the little bouncing bombs I guess you can play with the range, maybe limit it to like 1-2 bounces. You can even treat it like Viewtiful Joe's bombs in MVC3 where they could get kicked back and forth until they detonate.
#43  July 11, 2013, 11:31:28 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
As for some of the weapon suggestions so far, I hear a lot of recommendations for Top Spin, but as far as I can tell, that would also require new sprites of Megaman spinning, though I admit it would be a good special.

I may have mentioned before that Chaotic's Mega Man for the Robot Master Mayhem project had it as a special. You could try using the sprites from it, if they're there. And don't listen to them if they whine about credit if you do, same as Infinite did when they complained about his Deadpool.

But yeah, liking what you've already come up with. I didn't even consider Chill Spike, having never played Mega Man 10. And I'm torn between CGU's suggestion for Crash Bomb working as a grab or for it to work as it does in the new SSB - both sound pretty good options to me.

EDIT: My bad, it's Jin Kazama's Buster Mega Man that has it. I am so silly :P
Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:58:46 pm by Steel Komodo
#44  July 12, 2013, 03:55:13 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Just updated the first post. Decided to change a ton of stuff, and incorporate "Weapon Sets." This was inspired by combining several different suggestions, and I really think this one should make people happy. Tons of different games represented, variety in utility, and different enough from MVC (IMO). Let me know what you guys think!

Download Last Bout now!
#45  July 12, 2013, 06:13:31 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
You know what? I think it sounds pretty damn cool, I'm looking forward to him even more. The weapon set change reminds me of how Rockman Volnutt played in Tatsunoko vs Capcom where he would change his weapon. It's pretty cool how you're changing the whole move set however. How do you plan on identifying which set is currently active though? Will there be a display to indicate it, or will it be unnoticeable? This does add a bit of unpredictability to him, which could prove to be a fairly nice offensive boost to him too.
#46  July 12, 2013, 05:26:27 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
This is amazing! You made excellent choices!
#47  July 12, 2013, 10:14:28 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I could really use some help locating FX for some of these weapons though. The ones I need the most are Black Hole Bomb and Thunder Claw. The actual MM8 FX for Thunder Claw could possible be used, but Black Hole Bomb comes from an NES-styled game so I'll need to come up with something for that. The rest of the stuff I can probably draw.

Download Last Bout now!
#48  July 12, 2013, 10:39:19 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I have seen some Power Fighters versions of MM9 characters, I don't know if they were all completed though. I'll try and go through some characters with a similar sprite to use.

Maybe you can use/edit the sprite of X's intro in the Playstation games (first row of sprites), it has a similar effect, but would change maybe some more frames and a colour change.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Some thunder claw sprites, not very useable but from the looks of it any character with a decent straight lightning sprite should do, maybe Raiden from MK? or Storm?

Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:27:48 am by C-G-U
#49  July 18, 2013, 10:03:15 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Preview of all his weapons:

Description from Youtube:

Download Last Bout now!
#50  July 18, 2013, 10:35:21 am
Great video there really man.

Ever considered using his Nes sounds like jumps, shoots and all? They do the same in Super Smash Bros wich keeps the retro feel a little. That could work too for this Megaman.
#51  July 18, 2013, 10:38:00 am
#52  July 18, 2013, 12:43:49 pm
New sprites are always welcome. Those could really work for Megaman.
#53  July 18, 2013, 03:59:32 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I already gave him a new s.HP, you can see it in the video. Those moves were meant to flesh him out better for 6 buttons and give him more variety in his attacks, but my version is only 4 buttons. I looked into using those as soon as I started on Megaman, and I decided this version doesn't really need them.

Download Last Bout now!
#54  July 18, 2013, 04:32:14 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I like how you made that Cutman attack work as a crossup, overall I like what I see, I think he's going to be a blast to play. Minor nitpick for me would be that maybe the ice attack he does could use some transparency to blend in with some of the other effects.
#55  July 18, 2013, 04:46:53 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Looking pretty damn fantastic there, Sean, this makes me happy.  Is he able to combo into and out of his weapon specials?

Now if he could only change palettes for a split second for each weapon to indicate.
#56  July 18, 2013, 04:52:26 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Looks interesting so far! Ryu's voice in this little guy is pretty scary!
I couldn't help but notice the standing and jumping small Buster shots had different colors, was there any intention to that
(one yellow and the other pink-ish)?
Voicing always sounds interesting but I know my voice is bad so I won't bother anyone with it.
Are you going for his small boy/MvC voice or something different, like based on the US cartoon version?
#57  July 18, 2013, 06:27:07 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
The way his Magnet Missle works reminds me more of MM3 Hard Knuckle than the actual MM3 Magnet Missle.  ;P
But still, it looks really good so far.
#58  July 18, 2013, 08:08:01 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice vid sean megaman look great
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#59  July 18, 2013, 08:40:18 pm
    • USA
For the voice you could combine Marvel and Power Fighter voices
#60  July 18, 2013, 09:13:39 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I like how you made that Cutman attack work as a crossup, overall I like what I see, I think he's going to be a blast to play. Minor nitpick for me would be that maybe the ice attack he does could use some transparency to blend in with some of the other effects.

The ice attack does have transparency on it, maybe it's just not noticeable in the vid.

Looks interesting so far! Ryu's voice in this little guy is pretty scary!
I couldn't help but notice the standing and jumping small Buster shots had different colors, was there any intention to that
(one yellow and the other pink-ish)?
Voicing always sounds interesting but I know my voice is bad so I won't bother anyone with it.
Are you going for his small boy/MvC voice or something different, like based on the US cartoon version?

The buster shots are all the exact same projectile, there are no color differences. Again, maybe it was the vid quality. For his voice, I'd like to stick with the young boy-type voice from MVC (though I'd like to stay away from the helium-induced MM8 voice), which may be hard to find. Any volunteers?

The way his Magnet Missle works reminds me more of MM3 Hard Knuckle than the actual MM3 Magnet Missle.  ;P
But still, it looks really good so far.

You know, I think I had the way the two worked mixed up in my head. The Magnet Missile just travels forward until it's under or above an enemy and then goes straight down/up. You're right. I'll either change this to Hard Knuckle or change the way this one works, since both are from MM3.

Looking pretty damn fantastic there, Sean, this makes me happy.  Is he able to combo into and out of his weapon specials?

Now if he could only change palettes for a split second for each weapon to indicate.

He's able to combo into most of them, save for the Thunder Claw and the Chill Spike (to avoid infinites). Those two are more for setting up combos. I thought of the palette thing, but I think it would be too distracting in the middle of the fight for him to keep changing colors.

Download Last Bout now!