YesNoOk

SFA Moved to 1.0 - New Screenpack (Read 56317 times)

Started by Ryon, July 19, 2010, 02:07:01 am
Share this topic:
SFA Moved to 1.0 - New Screenpack
#1  July 19, 2010, 02:07:01 am
  • "The Future is Now"
COPIED FROM MUGEN EVOLUTION.

SELECT SCREEN

Image above is made in paintshop but the actual select screen is like the exact same minus the big portraits.

this game has had so many different screenpack creators LOL

also this select screen is far from finished.

Things to note.

The blackness behind Zangief and the others are due to the fact that they dont exist yet.
Chun Li will change to Karin.
there backgrounds are black~white gradient, upon selecting as P1 you get a blue to light blue gradient, p2 gets orange to yellow gradient.
upon selecting you get a mesh over the character.
the top will have select your character scrolling by.

there is obviously alot of black here, thats due to me not having a image to put in yet.

NEW LIFEBARS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7d8T2J1tQ

You can see them there in the video.

FIRST SFA4 STAGE
Metro Harbor - made for Guy, by Ryon (me)
you can view it in the video listed above
Re: SFA Moved to 1.0 - New Screenpack
#2  July 19, 2010, 11:32:23 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- If there is black behind the chars which don't exist yet, does this mean we'll get a beta with half the chars at some point ? Also, you could just make the entire portrait grayscale to show a char isn't made yet.
- About the SF3 super BG behind, is it animated ? Is it looping ?
- How is the mesh like when you select a char ? Is it a sort of grid all over the portrait, or "just" a sort of halo/outline ?

Looking nice. And the stage is cool too from what I saw.

BC

#3  July 19, 2010, 12:54:38 pm
    • UK
About the non existing characters (not technically non existing seeing as gief is nearlly done and bison is up to specials) all of the characters seen on the screen will be all available in the first beta once finished.

The second beta of the game will probably double, not sure yet. (4 builds over all)
Accepting commissions
#4  July 19, 2010, 11:01:17 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
- If there is black behind the chars which don't exist yet, does this mean we'll get a beta with half the chars at some point ? Also, you could just make the entire portrait grayscale to show a char isn't made yet.
- About the SF3 super BG behind, is it animated ? Is it looping ?
- How is the mesh like when you select a char ? Is it a sort of grid all over the portrait, or "just" a sort of halo/outline ?

Looking nice. And the stage is cool too from what I saw.

- BC answered those, but i made a rough draft of the select screen, and BC liked it so i left it, the finished first cast MIGHT be this group or it might not, regardless, the ones in the preview above, are the ones i've been able to get.

- The SF3 Super BG in the back is single image right now, i dont recall it being animated.. i thought it was a single image that faded to white?
in anycase it may be a place holding depending.

- as for the Mesh, the mesh is in the SFF, however i think i may find another way to deal with it. for now it stays blue or yellow after picking a character. i'll see if i can figure out a way to make the select screen "dynamic"

thanks cybaster!
#5  January 22, 2011, 12:41:11 pm
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
    • mugenandgames.webs.com/
I’m usually not a fan of light sparks but they work well with this game. I also like the fire when ryu’s Hadoken hits the opponent.
#6  January 22, 2011, 02:05:44 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
its still not finished.

#7  January 22, 2011, 06:30:15 pm
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
Looks very nice… very true to the alpha games  :sugoi:
#8  January 22, 2011, 10:14:06 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
I HATE TO SAY IT!

But i just redid the entire select screen. i'll post updates later.
#9  January 22, 2011, 10:20:42 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Wha-?

The entire...??!?

Ok, can´t wait to see it!
#10  January 30, 2011, 11:59:39 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
#11  January 31, 2011, 01:19:31 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nice video, and very nice screenpack. :)
The screen is a little too filled up with small portraits though, but you can't do much unless you make them smaller and thus reduce their quality.
#12  January 31, 2011, 01:25:33 pm
    • Thailand
Guy's rage is ridiculous and looks much better since the last time I've seen it. Good job. Screenpack might be perfect.
#13  January 31, 2011, 03:43:04 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Copy/Pasta/Posta from ME

Excellent progress as always fellas.

Ryon, about the new Select Screen...looking good, but I noticed a few things were off and I made a mockup to show you exactly what:

- Fixed Sodom portrait being cut.
- Also fixed Gen so he could come out of hiding.
- Fixed some purple pixels on Cody's Portrait and centered him better.
- Check out what I did with the namefont pos and tell me if you like?
- Also I removed "Versus Mode" because I think its redundant...Why not have the scrolling text up there like before that read "SFA4 - Select your Character"? This would make for a more dynamic select screen IMO. Or you could make it fade in and out at the top if you dislike it scrolling around.

Other than that it Select Screen looks much better.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:34:14 pm by MaxBeta
#14  January 31, 2011, 04:08:52 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Copy from ME

Why not have the scrolling text up there like before that read "SFA4 - Select your Character"?

Yes, please!  :thumbsup:

- I think I'm gonna fix that GBA Cody Portrait soon enough...some pixels in the skin are of a purple color and he looks like he's yanking out a purple snot from his nose.

Dunno, but that Cody "mug shot" looks kinda small compared to the other chars...
#15  January 31, 2011, 04:37:15 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Dunno, but that Cody "mug shot" looks kinda small compared to the other chars...

True that. It seems they did mess up some portrait scales on the GBA port.

My previous post and pic have been updated. Fixed purple pixels on Cody and justified his portrait some, so the tiny scale of his port is not THAT apparent anymore.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#16  January 31, 2011, 11:55:31 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
Copy/Pasta/Posta from ME

Excellent progress as always fellas.

Ryon, about the new Select Screen...looking good, but I noticed a few things were off and I made a mockup to show you exactly what:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g267/Apoklepz/MUGEN-llaneous/SFA4/SELECT_EDIT.png

- Fixed Sodom portrait being cut.
- Also fixed Gen so he could come out of hiding.
- Fixed some purple pixels on Cody's Portrait and centered him better.
- Check out what I did with the namefont pos and tell me if you like?
- Also I removed "Versus Mode" because I think its redundant...Why not have the scrolling text up there like before that read "SFA4 - Select your Character"? This would make for a more dynamic select screen IMO. Or you could make it fade in and out at the top if you dislike it scrolling around.

Other than that it Select Screen looks much better.

- Sodom's picture i will fix.
- Gen isnt hiding, his portrait is really cut off like that.
- Purple on cody i will fix.
- i really dont like the name placement now there is a black shade at top, and the names arent as visible as when there on top with the black backdrop.
- because people should know what mode there in? either arcade, versus, or training. lol.
- i'll work on something more dynamic.
#17  February 01, 2011, 01:54:39 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Ryon, save your breath...we are in a team and this is how I helped today.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I know the portraits are cut...I have our files bro...how do you think I edited them in the first place?

Also, Naming the Game Mode is redundant because you just came from a Menu screen after selecting that mode...Very few fighters have the Game Mode mentioned in the Select Screen.

I did a last mockup so you can have an idea of how to place the namefont...go back to smaller fonts please, those big ones clash more.

Hey its fine if you don't agree to none of my Select screen edits...I'm just handing you some alternate ideas, is all bro.
#18  February 01, 2011, 02:46:48 am
  • "The Future is Now"
in terms of adding the blue bar before the name, as good as it looks.

i cant do it due to technicality. the program doesnt let me LOL.

its due to layerno = 1 and 0.

both big portrait, and text are layer 1, however if i layer 0 the blue parts it shows up behind him (not really visible) and if i use layer 1 it appears infront of both, leaving a horrible look.
#19  February 01, 2011, 01:18:14 pm
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
I like it but does seem like it’s a bit cluttered. It’s understandable because I had the same problem with my game. I couldn’t get around this without lowering the quality of the select screen though. Maybe if it’s in HD then maybe you could make the portrait smaller (though I’m not a fan of HD screen packs mixed with none HD characters). Just throwing in my thoughts but none the less it’s a very good select screen.
#20  February 01, 2011, 04:46:28 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Portrait issues/Mugen limitations
Ok, gotcha...Maybe we could go about this a different way. Adding the blue bar to the portraits would resolve this issue and the text would overlay a single portrait immage with the bar already in place.

This is what I last cooked up just in case we wanna do it the way I just mentioned.