YesNoOk

Street Fighter Alpha Beta Discussion (Read 14300 times)

Started by BC, November 29, 2011, 10:16:16 pm
Share this topic:

BC

Street Fighter Alpha Beta Discussion
#1  November 29, 2011, 10:16:16 pm
    • UK
Here I will answer questions about the beta's I will/have been releasing. Also I'll be taking feedback here too.

Thanks

BC.

EDIT: feedback posted from Mugen Evolution - just so you don't tell something I already know about... also the issues mentioned are now fixed and will be available in the update.

:huh2:

Remember the input config problems I had on your fisrt beta you gave me?
Have it again... Very strange. Joystick config is correct, but I start on p2 side on the select screen, highlited is Akuma ... and I can´t move the
cursor at all.
Joystick is enabled... Key config works...

Strange...

EDIT:

Got it to work, just copied the Joystich/Key config from the old SFA4 Demo into the new mugen.cfg

Soooo...

:rage can only be done in the second round... when I´ve WON the first round.
p.e. if p2 winds the first round and I´m in the second round, I can´t use any :rage move. Only when I won one of the rounds... Kinda strange.

btw ... Why is the :rage indicator (red flashing lifebar) on, when I have under 250 life ... but it´s in the first round?  :huh:

I've changed it, you can do rage any round but only once per round. Also the confliction above may be due to a variable being used for 2 different things by mistake, I'll fix that.

Hmmm... Win while in Evil Ryu mode should give a Evil Ryu win screen... IMO.
I don't think that can be changed I'll have to find out.

Cheers Staub

I haven't been able to test yet cuz I'm at work where downloads are a huge no-no, but the config issue Staubs is talking about may be due to P1 and P2 having the same set of keys/buttons assigned to them...just a thought since I haven't really looked into it yet.
Will do tonight and report back with findings sometime tomorrow. Ah what the heck...Downloaded and tested some at work.  :aface:

- When Ryu throws another Ryu backwards to the opposite side of the screen there is a very rough and almost glitchy-like camera movement...I don't think its due to stage code even if the floortension is high on both stages.
could be a width issue on my part... was old coding so I'll use a more efficient method. I'll have to check it first to confirm it is that.

- You changed the hitsparks??? Not really my cup of tea but I can get used to them I guess.
Yeah probably not everyones cuppa but I like em xD

- I see you implemented Air Custom Combo (V-ISM) activation as we had discussed and planned. Very very Nice...However, there's no bar to show how long the effect lasts.
Ok I'll update that in the next demo.

- On Mugen.cfg change rendermode to Directx because it is more flexible among systems or else a lot of people will get an ugly green filtered mugen when switching to fullscreen or nothing at all/black screen.
That will be updated thanks.. Staubhold had that problem I'll update that today along with the rage and throw fixes

- Player 2 cursor starts on Akuma/Gouki when he isn't really available at this point. The bum with a tan is probably off smoking a joint and becoming RARE while listening to "No Woman No Cry" by BMW. :/
I'm not sure how to change that as I don't deal with screenpacks but if someone could kindly show me.. thanks.

- Images folder and its contents and sound/Ken.mp3 and I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of font files in the fonts folder can be removed from the download. (source files and unused music and fonts) Just being picky here, I know...but it would make the download package less heavy.
no you're right I don't know why I uploaded those lol.

Cheers buddy

DLed. It's REALLY fun, even with just Ryu in it. It's a challenging AI, not a cheap one :ThuP:

There's only one thing that niggles me. When you lose to the computer, it still says "YOU WIN!" even though you didn't. I get that this could be addressing the computer, but considering the comp isn't an actual person, it just doesn't seem right to say it. I would prefer a "YOU LOSE!" screen tbh.
Besides that, pretty neat :)
Just noticed that dude thanks for spotting, Will fix that in an update.
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:19:52 pm by BC
Re: Street Fighter Alpha Beta Discussion
#2  November 29, 2011, 10:29:55 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Stuff:
I can honestly say this is one of the best alphas i have ever played.  :)

I only got like two issues, the Akuma portrait thing which has been already addressed, and an issue with my Ryu character disappearing if his Lp shoryuken gets air-blocked by the CPU twice in a row. Otherwise than that...beautiful.

Definitely looking to be amazing. The accurate SF alpha feel, the combos, the timing, the AI...all of it has really impressed me. Nice work, and good luck with the rest!  :)
#3  November 29, 2011, 10:48:19 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Solid presentation, the one thing i don't like though is THAT YOU CAN'T PRESS RIGHT OR LEFT ON THE MENU SCREEN!
You have to press down or up:P!

BC

#4  November 30, 2011, 12:11:24 am
    • UK
Note sure if that's a mugen limitation though I'll have to find out why he did it like that other than personal taste.

Glad you like it so far though... don't forget to test out Evil Ryu Mode lol (as you forgot  :omg:) :smile:

Guy will be available over the next few days along with the issues fixed from the feedback mentioned.
Accepting commissions
#5  December 03, 2011, 06:42:47 pm
Awesome beta release man. The presentation and gamepads are sweet for usage. Can't wait to see Guy. You are doing really Great.

BC

#6  December 03, 2011, 07:18:55 pm
    • UK
Thanks  ;D
Accepting commissions