YesNoOk

ssjtrunksZ2 inspired (Read 163123 times)

Started by force, January 08, 2013, 10:07:07 pm
Share this topic:
Re: ssjtrunksZ2 inspired
#21  January 09, 2013, 11:08:09 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Good luck man :) There is no hurry!
#22  January 10, 2013, 07:27:38 am
  • Not for sale
You should do him in his standard forum. He looks much more unique that way, instead of another character with spikey blonde hair.
#23  January 10, 2013, 07:38:26 am
That would be awesome if you alternate from standard to blonde hair (Back and forth).

Standard as base

Blonde as Hypers, etc/
#24  January 10, 2013, 07:56:38 am
    • Netherlands
If he really wants to make his work Z2-styled; we don't have any in-game transformations for supers/specials.
But it's a good idea to make the normal-haired Trunks first, and the SSJ hair for the same sprite (a copy) right after.
Actually it's not the best idea if you go back and edit the sprites later on, then you'd have double the amount to edit :P
#25  January 10, 2013, 08:19:30 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
myself I can see normal goku as a character as a stand alone for certain moves etc. Even Vegeta, But for trunks? It just seems.... weird. Because the only time he really even used his base form was in the movies before he went ssj. Otherwise he's way more known in his ssj form. And it's not like there's any Z2 trunks out there anyway. So it's one of a kind period.
#26  January 10, 2013, 11:48:41 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Making a character sprite set is a lot of work. I doubt anyone would want to then go back and redraw the head for every frame.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#27  January 10, 2013, 12:53:37 pm
    • France
I would agree with NeoClops Trunks is fighting is always ssj and I think it bad would be because are left with two trunks identical without any originality
Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:28:41 pm by force
#28  January 10, 2013, 01:53:54 pm
    • Netherlands
So, judging from the video's, do you think our SSJ Goku is also ' identical without any originality'  ?
He and normal Goku are very different. But you WOULD use about 70% of the same sprites. But putting different things in the character's gameplay can make it stand out a lot. But again, this is your project; I'm just standing by the sidelines to steer you in the right direction.
#29  January 10, 2013, 02:31:08 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
I think he was talking about Trunks and Ssj Trunk having not much differences because normal trunks doesnt figth to much in the series, Goku pass trough more of a change (in fighting style) becoming ssj.
So i think he was refering to the original source, not the mugen characters
#30  January 10, 2013, 02:40:49 pm
    • Netherlands
Hmm yeah you might be right, Cvs Daeron :P
#31  January 10, 2013, 04:31:10 pm
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
If anything you should make a second trunks without his sword in the saiyan armor or something. That way the fighting style and move set can be really different. I know the armor is a bitch to sprite but he doesn't really wear that many costumes, besides like ripped sleeves on jacket or no jacket.

Or a Ussj trunks would be cool, he could be a slow,strong, and bulky character.
Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:35:27 pm by kakabot
#32  January 10, 2013, 05:14:04 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Wait, wait, wait... It's true that they didn't show Trunks fighting as much but there is enough to go around for reference. Spiky or not it's up to the person's creativity to do things right and different which isn't that hard to do. I know if Balth was on it he would make it unique with no problem. If you are doing a straight copy (which I am sure all other creators except Balth) then that's when you are going to just create the same thing all over again.

Do your research. Don't only look at teen Trunks. Go to when he was a kid through when he got older and not using the sword. Even the mini fight he did with Goku. You don't always got to have him in Saiyajin mode. You can have him activate it to do his supers and such. There was even an arcade game that had teen Trunks there though I forgot the name of it; it was super old. Give me a few and I can point out all of Trunks fights.
#33  January 10, 2013, 05:20:01 pm
I don't recall Arcade games with Teen Trunks that wasn't Super Saiyajin.
But maybe you are talking about DBZ Sagas, a Ps2 and Gamecube game, where there was his story even before Gohan's death.

I agree though, I see Trunks in the anime that is more SSJ than Normal state, even in the movies (against Bojack).
#34  January 10, 2013, 05:25:58 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
take a look at a few arcade games.

They show trunks here. go to 3:30

Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:29:09 pm by F. James Fernandez
#35  January 10, 2013, 05:48:52 pm
    • dbdrummer7@gmail.com
There is a lot more of SSJ Trunks, but look at how the Z2 team is working: they did the Normal/Basic forms first. I would love a normal or SSJ Trunks, but they can be unique with a bit of imagination. Still, keep up the good work, force! Will you be doing the sprites then sending them to Cybaster, or coding him too?
#36  January 10, 2013, 06:01:37 pm
    • France
I'll the do  but if I see that it is too long I think I'll stop  :sweatdrop:
#37  January 10, 2013, 06:34:43 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Doing a normal Trunks is pointless. I never saw Trunks fight in normal form expect in GT but that shit aint canon.  :smug:

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#38  January 10, 2013, 06:38:13 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah man don't let them get to you, just go at your own pace. With a character like this, it's easy for people to tell
"dude you shoud totally do an armor version, and later a USSJ version, and maybe a long-hair version too plz bye"
but that is only offputting and you should just do what YOU want to do. If you want to do just the SSJ version, that's totally cool.
I do agree with Fernandez, for someone with a little creativity it won't be hard to make the normal and SSJ versions different enough.

So just do the SSJ version if that's what you prefer, and forget about all other versions for the moment. It's important that you do with what you feel comfortable with, because FUN should be the main drive in Mugen (and any other hobby for that matter). ;)

@Tsukuyomi Ryuku  WHY DO YOU EVEN REFERENCE GT XD!!!?
#39  January 10, 2013, 06:40:26 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
While I like the different look for him as a Saiyan in base state, per fighting, he's kinda defined by either being Super Saiyan or Ultra Super Saiyan.

Heck, his main quote from the show and games is "Now you're fighting a REAL Super Saiyan".  Going with base state Trunks is like making a blue haired Broly; it's cool and all and it is a part of the character......it's just not what he's known for.

But anyways, it's up to you which form to go with, I'm happy either way.  Best of luck on him.
#40  January 10, 2013, 06:45:19 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
TrunksZ2 styled now??
Damn balth you're like the DBZ messiah in mugen now lol

I'll be following most def
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!