YesNoOk

New Touhou Fighter: Hopeless Masquerade (Read 59277 times)

Started by xaekin, October 05, 2012, 11:03:00 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Touhou Fighter: Hopeless Masquerade
#21  December 21, 2012, 01:01:26 pm
    • Philippines
    • rhon4short@gmail.com
Nice, i love those game
#22  December 23, 2012, 10:11:30 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
#23  December 30, 2012, 06:11:22 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Time to rev up your hype boners

#24  December 30, 2012, 06:21:07 am
  • This is... the LAST dance...
    • USA
Awww Jeez...  :stare:
Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:16:18 am by Crimson Naga
#25  December 30, 2012, 07:59:25 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
It looks like a 2d version of Psychic Force with a few differences. 
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#26  December 30, 2012, 09:10:16 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
Trial's been leaked already. I just tried it for a bit and there are three characters (Reimu, Marisa, and Ichirin w/ Unzan) and two stages (Hakurei Shrine and the Palanquin Ship). 360 controller support from the game is atrocious though :gonk:
#27  December 30, 2012, 03:04:02 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
What do you mean with "atrocious"? What problems did you find?
#28  December 30, 2012, 03:37:01 pm
ps3 loyalist i suppose.

ichirin and unzan seems fit to be in a fighting game. now the big question is nue playable? is it just me or this game have a snes fighting game feel to it.
Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:41:05 pm by 地獄の花
#29  December 30, 2012, 08:00:43 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
What do you mean with "atrocious"? What problems did you find?

The attack buttons are mapped to the d-pad on startup and even when you change the controls in the profile menu, you're still stuck with d-pad up and d-pad down as confirm/cancel respectively.

now the big question is nue playable?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#30  December 30, 2012, 10:46:11 pm
#31  December 30, 2012, 11:19:00 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
She's lucky she has Manly cloud with her or she wouldn't have been in the game.

Actually, ditch her and keep Unzan. Game becomes at least 30 times better that way.
#32  December 30, 2012, 11:32:18 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I'm not sure how I feel about this game right now. I haven't played it myself (computer probably wouldn't like it, and I heard that the game requires a lot of spec to play?), but I have seen some vids of it. Seeing a super easy 4k combo do almost half life (this with Marisa btw) is kinda just ridiculous if you ask me (sure, it's just a demo but my god lol). Reminds me of how the early days of SWR and Soku was (though doing 4k damage in those games is a lot harder than what it looks in this game right now. Maybe it's just me though).

I just don't know, I guess I'm too used to traditional fighters and SWR/Soku gameplay. Not really digging the whole flying around while fighting thing. But if anything, Ichirin has a boss remix for her theme now (and a nifty new outfit it seems). That Dream Battle remix is pretty nice too (and yay for at least some characters still being around in the background~). Though I truly wasn't expecting Ichirin. I dunno...I was expecting Byakuren first before Ichirin in this kind of game tbh.
#33  December 31, 2012, 04:12:01 am
  • May as well have a bit of class.
    • USA
Grabbed the trial. It's been working great with my stick thus far.
Xenomic, combos are a lot easier in this game, but it doesn't really feel like it's all that much more result for effort. Spellcards are limited in a nice way (seriously, it's one of the few ways I'll accept revenge mechanics) and honestly it feels well put together.
though it glitched out and the background disappeared while I was adjusting controls for the stick

I'm honestly more hyped for the full game now. This demo is fun, and there's a decent chance I'll be playing it with a friend of mine sometime next year.
"I should probably call it a night. ...Sure, give me a sword and a throne and we'll make a big thing of it."
#34  December 31, 2012, 04:27:20 am
    • USA
Ok, so the highest combo I've seen (this chaining into a spellcard immediately after declaring it after stunning the opponent) was 5.6k damage. And that wasn't even a counterhit (the 4k one was a counterhit, I forgot to mention). So yeah, that's a bit insane (saw this on a video so there's that). Easier combos though...I dunno how I feel about that one bit either lol. Having too simplistic of a combo system seems blah, but having a super tight/a complex one (ala IaMP) seems blah too. Then again, I've never been a really big combo person in any fighting game (aside from SWR/Soku, but I know how to play those as opposed to IaMP), either doujin or commercial...

Though I will say, it was a good idea to go back to the IaMP styled spellcards I think (and limiting how it's used) as opposed to how SWR/Soku handled it I think. Feels more like an actual Super than anything. Though are they blockable at all I wonder? Or did Marisa's Master Spark gain the unblockable trait yet again like it was in IaMP? x_x;

I'd be surprised if Sanae wasn't in it, seeing as the game's bent on religion, and it'd be odd for her group to NOT be engaged in this (then again, Marisa is here and she has nothing to really do with any religion...so who knows!).
#35  December 31, 2012, 08:17:43 am
    • Puerto Rico
All right, I decided to look up the trials to see this myself. It definitely takes more inspiration from Astra Super Stars than DBZ Supersonic Warriors.
Also, you would think a game that allowed you to set up your moves would also have a training mode to let you test the moves you're using.

Time overs aren't won by life. They seem to be won by the percentage below the portraits.
A.k.a KOFXI Judgement system.

And I'm having a hard time deciding how I should react to what happens when you win the match by KO.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:26:04 am by Darkflare
#36  December 31, 2012, 03:29:12 pm
  • May as well have a bit of class.
    • USA
Master Spark is unblockable, but it's piss easy to counter/avoid, so long as you're not trying to projectile spam from the other end of the screen, like a dumbass. You have to declare which spellcard you're going to use before you can use it, so it's easy to know when to get moving, and that's ignoring little things, like the very distinct startup time. I'm an idiot, no, it's blockable, but that isn't really any improvement. Her other spellcard is much more dangerous, really. It's blockable, sort of, but it does massive chip damage if it hits. Haven't actually managed to pull off a last word, shit's harder than it sounds.
I'm fairly certain Sanae will be in it, eventually. It's still just the demo version, it's not anywhere close to the complete cast.
Curious as to the video you were watching though, I'm interested in seeing how others actually play the game.

And I'm having a hard time deciding how I should react to what happens when you win the match by KO.
It's source accurate!

by the way, the icon for the game looks like some kind of turkey or oven mitt. I've got no bloody idea what it is.
"I should probably call it a night. ...Sure, give me a sword and a throne and we'll make a big thing of it."
Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:37:58 pm by xaekin
#37  December 31, 2012, 05:37:22 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
Also, you would think a game that allowed you to set up your moves would also have a training mode to let you test the moves you're using.
F1-F5 are your keys for training. F1/F2 gives P1/P2 100% popularity. F3 toggles autoguard. F4 makes both players un-KOable and something else. I forget what F5 does.
#38  December 31, 2012, 07:20:21 pm
    • USA

Video that I saw the damage from. Apparently that combo + Master Spark does like 6.7k damage (but is really hard to do or something?).
#39  December 31, 2012, 07:58:42 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Considering that not doing these combos seem to risk getting the Time Over problem SFxT had, maybe that's a good thing.
#40  December 31, 2012, 08:32:34 pm
    • USA
What Time Over problem? I never played SFxT (skipped on that even though bud had it) so I don't know what you're talking about (unless it's something silly like that Megaman thing...).