YesNoOk

POTs styled Spider-Man (Read 10552 times)

Started by Mushypepito123, November 21, 2018, 10:14:13 am
POTs styled Spider-Man
#1  November 21, 2018, 10:14:13 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
so yeah, i am Creating a POTs styled Spider-Man, with his Moves from all Marvel vs Capcom Games (even MVC infinite). but since i am a beginner, can you tell me how to code his dash and air dash? and i would be very grateful for it, and just give me some ideas and support so that i can finish this web slinger.
Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:33:39 am by Odb718
Re: POTs styled Spider-Man
#2  November 21, 2018, 10:24:16 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 You have the wrong section, this is where you want to be asking about MUGEN character questions: http://mugenguild.com/forum/m-u-g-e-n-development-help.315

Anyway, how far are you into this character? If you haven't started or just started, I wouldn't jump into air dash coding immediately since that's a little complicated for a beginner. You basically need to create multiple states for each air dash direction (a 2-way air dash needs 2 separate states while an  8-way air dash will need 8 different states for example) and a generalized state that is entered for whenever any of those air dash states end (preferably over a period of time or a specific distance that air dash moves toward), a variable to limit how many times you can air dash before touching the ground and then add all air dash commands in the CMD where that variable you used earlier tells you when the command is accessible or not.
Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:39:06 am by Nep Heart
#3  November 21, 2018, 10:27:15 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Wrong section pal. But in case you want to learn about Spiderman's coding, you can grab REDHOT's Spiderman as a case study.
#4  November 23, 2018, 12:43:37 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
i started about 3 days ago, and sorry about the Topic on the wrong section, at least you guys gave me some helpful feedbacks, thx.
#5  November 24, 2018, 09:41:39 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If you're just starting out, I'd read this
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2174048
When you get to
"hits player 2; because it's a fighting game!"
follow the link.

To make the air dash you're going to need to be able to input the button commands. I'd think tapping forward forward, fast, would work? So you'll want to add that into your CMD file if it's not there. When the command is there then you'll want to make a changestate, so it can switch Spiderman to the dash.

Open your Spiderman and see if there are states 100 and 105. Those are usually the dash states for the ground.
You'll want to use a number close to 100, and 105 for the air move. Maybe use Statedef 101 for the air dash?

Most people starting out copy and paste similar stuff and edit it. Read the post I linked you, and follow the links to fix the problems you're coming across. Once you get started and hit a new problem, go ahead and post here and we'll help you out some more.

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#6  November 25, 2018, 07:10:20 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
Any additional palettes for Spidey? And custom sprites for the watch-out-spidey move in MVC Infinite?
#7  November 25, 2018, 07:21:20 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
If you're just starting out, I'd read this
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2174048
When you get to
"hits player 2; because it's a fighting game!"
follow the link.

To make the air dash you're going to need to be able to input the button commands. I'd think tapping forward forward, fast, would work? So you'll want to add that into your CMD file if it's not there. When the command is there then you'll want to make a changestate, so it can switch Spiderman to the dash.

Open your Spiderman and see if there are states 100 and 105. Those are usually the dash states for the ground.
You'll want to use a number close to 100, and 105 for the air move. Maybe use Statedef 101 for the air dash?

Most people starting out copy and paste similar stuff and edit it. Read the post I linked you, and follow the links to fix the problems you're coming across. Once you get started and hit a new problem, go ahead and post here and we'll help you out some more.

Thanks. and yep i completely got a new problem, when doing the dash backward, he ascends and loops the animation. :(
Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 07:59:32 am by Mushypepito123
#8  November 25, 2018, 08:24:17 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Try not to double post. Just use the edit button.

The back-dash problem sounds like your ChangeState at the end. It's probably using the classic,
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
to change states. But your animation is looping. Which makes that particular trigger never actually work.
See what you have for the changestate.  you can paste the code here if need be.
Also, check to see if a VelAdd or a VelSet, outside of the Statedef, is present. If so, paste that chunk here.

The whole problem could be from the state never switching to Air. You may have neutral physics set, and because gravity isn't working, it'll never fall to the ground. If that's the case, then your ChangeState may be using
trigger1 = Pos Y >= 0 && Vel Y > 0
, or something similar, to end the move.
You could add gravity, or change the move to Air.
#9  November 25, 2018, 08:33:57 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
yo, i already fixed all of the problems, thanks Odb718, Nep Heart, and Mr. Giang. now unto the Palettes. who can create them for the Webhead? and also some custom sprites for the Watch-Out-Spidey Move?
Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 11:05:47 am by Mushypepito123
#10  November 25, 2018, 11:44:14 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Palettes arent tough at all. You just have to know if you're using Winmugen or Mugen 1.0+.
One thing I've done for a couple of my characters is use photoshop, and MS Paint to duplicate the colors of an actual image for a palette.
Just copy your image into paint,
Use the eye dropper to select your first color
Then double click the color, or hit edit color and write down the RGB values.

If you have Fighter Factory open you can just type in the color right onto the character. Then save the palette as a different value or file.

If you have Irfanview, you can copy a part of the image and use the decrease color depth, and get the values pretty fast that way. Sometimes it doesn't work so great. If you get bad results, just undo, and make the number of colors you reduce down to, higher. Then use the Edit Palette to see, and record, the colors.
New #11  November 27, 2018, 10:58:18 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
welp, i ended up Remaking the sprites cause my Fucking Cousin ended up going to my computer and permanently deleted my sff file. and i scolded him for that. anyways i will be inactive until the sprites are remaked

EDIT: THE SPRITES ARE FINALLY REMADE NOW
Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:46:41 am by Mushypepito123