YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 486352 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:
Re: All Chars Update(2018): Kung Fu Man
#21  June 01, 2018, 06:51:35 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
That's weird, because he'd do the "pretty face" intro against base Kung Fu Man XD oh well.
#22  June 02, 2018, 12:50:03 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Just saw the comments you posted to The Sudden Rarity and PeXXeR and I also 2nd each of them. I'm not a big fan of the SFX either and I too have a "PotS style only" roster, so they currently stand out way too much. I'm fine with editing your characters, but there's a problem I'm worried about. I just hope you don't push constant updates so I have to redo the edits from scratch every time a new one happens. I can't even edit RicePigeon's characters because he keeps pushing updates on them so there's never a finalized version for me to edit and renders them obsolete even if they're minor.

Since you change the hitspark sounds only, have you ever considered changing the hitsparks completely? Although I like what you did with the current hitsparks by making them smaller but not too small, they no longer feel like PotS now with those CvS sounds. Like the Power Charge VFX and SFX, you should consider changing them as well so it feels like your own style. Just throwing some suggestions.

Also, there's a bug regarding Eliza. She uses special guard fx when her opponent blocks her basic attacks instead of normal guard fx. Might as well mention that when you get to her.

Still, thanks for the updates and I'll see if I find anything worth mentioning regarding the buffer system. Hope you don't mind this long post.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#23  June 02, 2018, 01:52:07 am
just tested the new KFM its waay better I can hit lots of stuff with no issues whatsoever good job !
Still gonna give him a run in arcade to see if there's anything funny.
#24  June 02, 2018, 02:15:14 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Just saw the comments you posted to The Sudden Rarity and PeXXeR and I also 2nd each of them. I'm not a big fan of the SFX either and I too have a "PotS style only" roster, so they currently stand out way too much. I'm fine with editing your characters, but there's a problem I'm worried about. I just hope you don't push constant updates so I have to redo the edits from scratch every time a new one happens. I can't even edit RicePigeon's characters because he keeps pushing updates on them so there's never a finalized version for me to edit and renders them obsolete even if they're minor.

From someone who spent quite a long time having to re-edit name triggers for intros I can empathize

But if he's gonna update he's gonna update
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

DW

#25  June 02, 2018, 02:24:11 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Tried it with the new negative edge window and I guess it felt better since I didn't get accidental shoulders when I wanted a palm during light strings.

Good. I think I've found the sweet spot for it.

That's weird, because he'd do the "pretty face" intro against base Kung Fu Man XD oh well.

What? I'll check his code, perhaps I added it to the list on accident. Though it was never intended he do it against himself.

just tested the new KFM its waay better I can hit lots of stuff with no issues whatsoever good job !
Still gonna give him a run in arcade to see if there's anything funny.

Cool, glad to hear it. I think we're good to go.

Alright man. Since I've only done this for like 3 chars, in terms of the SFX and VFX, ya'll win. I'll leave the stuff as is. I'll change KFM back soon. I can relate to keeping things intact/everything matching aesthetically. I kinda figured there'd be some groaning about it. Guess I should of just left well enough alone...

As for Eliza, I'll check it out.
#26  June 02, 2018, 03:11:07 am
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Well, if you prefer the new fx and sfx you could have a config option for people to change back to the old effects. You will have more work doing it, but everyone will be happy.
#27  June 02, 2018, 03:45:07 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Aw geez, if it sounds like I'm grumbling the opposite was my intention

Do you, for you, and if folks don't like it they can go screw
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#28  June 02, 2018, 04:56:06 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
You really shouldn't change them back to their original sfx and VFX on our account.  It's preference.  If you prefer it one way, don't be swayed elseways because of others.
Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:29:16 am by The Sudden Rarity
#29  June 02, 2018, 05:02:27 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I have preference for old style, for asthetics reasons. But is my opinion only, It's your char. "You're not everyone. You is you".
Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:05:47 am by Akito

DW

#30  June 02, 2018, 05:28:20 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I changed it back. "The needs of the many" and all that jazz. Tis the curse I bare... :-\ I'm not making any config files, so I'll just be the one to sacrifice.

More importantly though, I tweaked the buffer one last time. Though it's not a big deal. Pretty much just slightly increased the command buffer window, due to realizing the problem was more the negative edge window. If I don't release Akuma today, it'll be sometime tomorrow.
#31  June 02, 2018, 05:36:00 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Either way, updates/fine tunings are welcome ^..^

And the possibility of a new release certainly sounds very fine.
#32  June 02, 2018, 05:55:47 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I changed it back. "The needs of the many" and all that jazz. Tis the curse I bare... :-\ I'm not making any config files, so I'll just be the one to sacrifice.

More importantly though, I tweaked the buffer one last time. Though it's not a big deal. Pretty much just slightly increased the command buffer window, due to realizing the problem was more the negative edge window. If I don't release Akuma today, it'll be sometime tomorrow.

If this your decision, is good. Thanks Divine!
#33  June 02, 2018, 07:37:29 pm
    • Canada
From 8 to 10 frames for the command buffer window. I believe that these values match that of Jmorphman's characters.
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects

DW

#34  June 04, 2018, 01:17:33 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I wouldn't know. Though honestly, I felt 10 was a tad much. I feel like 8 is too much honestly, but I gotta think of everyone else. So, I went with 9 frames. I also tweaked the way I handle the buffering in the CMD and reduced the button buffer by 1. I was supposed to release Akuma yesterday, but I ended up tweaking and testing him for the better half of that day. And so, Akuma has been updated now. Next is Athena. Before I update KFM though. I'll leave him as is so people can compare the two.
Re: All Chars Update(2018): Akuma
#35  June 04, 2018, 01:27:49 am
Trying to combo a Jumping HK ->HP-> Light tatsu and a dragon punch after the HP I get the charge fireball.
Overall he's smooth as hell. good job

Edit: Not everytime though when I do it faster I can hit it.

DW

#36  June 04, 2018, 01:37:36 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's more based on precision. I could make the buffer for the button only 1, but I found that this may make things too strict. I made it 1 for neg edge. I could make the command buffer less too, though IDK. I've never gotten that, but all I can say is that you may be holding HP a bit too long. Mashing isn't something you can do with this system. I know Mugen's default buffering allows you to get away with some things. The way I tweaked it, this does too, but a bit less. Let go of HP immediately once it hits.
#37  June 04, 2018, 01:58:53 am
That maybe the case, truth be told cause I got so used to mugen I find myself struggling in 3S CVS2 etc
#38  June 04, 2018, 03:19:00 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Good thing you made Akuma's/Gouki's AIR file a single, it does reduce the file size.  I was worried that the MVC3 stance wasn't in there >..<; but it is.

Also saw the readme.  Did not expect that.  Thank you very much! ^..^

DW

#39  June 04, 2018, 03:38:17 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
That maybe the case, truth be told cause I got so used to mugen I find myself struggling in 3S CVS2 etc

Yeah, it can get like that if you play Mugen too much, and forget the feel of the actual games. I'll probably reduce the frame window back to 8, though in the grand scheme of things, precision will still be the key.

Good thing you made Akuma's/Gouki's AIR file a single, it does reduce the file size.  I was worried that the MVC3 stance wasn't in there >..<; but it is.

Also saw the readme.  Did not expect that.  Thank you very much! ^..^

Didn't you make some pals or something? I don't remember lol. Though you must have helped me, regardless of how "small" you may think it. Anyone who helps me, no matter how small, always gets credit.
#40  June 04, 2018, 03:54:46 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Well, thank you nonetheless ^..^

Oh, small thing: the alternate small ports for Akuma aren't properly indexed to the palette.
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:51:39 am by The Sudden Rarity