YesNoOk

Soulcalibur VI (Read 215391 times)

Started by Titiln, December 08, 2017, 03:55:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Soul Calibur VI
#41  December 09, 2017, 04:50:54 pm
they realized that the scv roster was a mistake and i think everyone that was in sc2 will be in this one
#42  December 09, 2017, 04:55:40 pm
I'm easy, give me Astaroth and Cervantes and maybe Mina too and I'm content.

but i mean Hwang would be super nice, bring back hwang plzkthx
#43  December 09, 2017, 05:29:17 pm
I always liked Hwang a lot more than Yun. Never undestood why they ditched Hwang only to bring in a newcomer with the same stuff.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#44  December 09, 2017, 06:05:48 pm
Going to miss old-man Mitsurugi.  Always liked him due to a) how he played and b) how he seemed to age with me (albeit a tad faster).  Now I just feel old.
#45  December 09, 2017, 06:11:41 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I'm totally fine with a reboot or remake or whatever since it means there's no danger of having to put up with Sophitia's shitty fucking kids this time around.

They could have just not brought them back especially when there storyline is pretty much finished. Rebooting the series and erasing more than a decade of story and character development just to ensure they don't come back because fans hated them is an extreme overreaction. SCV left many plot threads especially some that involved old characters that weren't playable like Cassandra and Sophitia. The reboot is pointless when they were leading to them coming back anyway.

I always liked Hwang a lot more than Yun. Never undestood why they ditched Hwang only to bring in a newcomer with the same stuff.

They legit didn't know people actually cared for Hwang (and Li Long). They were surprised when people asked for him.
#46  December 09, 2017, 06:48:14 pm
Well, it's not like Hwang is so magnetic, but Yun is pretty bad (mostly personality-wise, his design is just passable) and Hwang had a good design. In fact, it's more like they tried to go with the "genius kid" archetype way too often and that's just bad.
As for ronin Mitsurugi, the concept is fine but the way they actually did him in game always looked super bad IMO, that hair was never right, always really dumb. And the classic samurai version was fine.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#47  December 09, 2017, 07:35:12 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm totally fine with a reboot or remake or whatever since it means there's no danger of having to put up with Sophitia's shitty fucking kids this time around.

They could have just not brought them back especially when there storyline is pretty much finished. Rebooting the series and erasing more than a decade of story and character development just to ensure they don't come back because fans hated them is an extreme overreaction. SCV left many plot threads especially some that involved old characters that weren't playable like Cassandra and Sophitia. The reboot is pointless when they were leading to them coming back anyway.

SCV's plot had more unresolved loose threads and gaping holes than a sweater that got run over by a lawn mower.  The scorched earth approach may not be pretty, but it's probably for the best.  There's no fixing that mess.
#48  December 09, 2017, 08:49:04 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Interview with footage of the game:
#49  December 09, 2017, 09:07:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
There is a chance they will revisit the whole plot of all the games sicne doing only 1 would be pretty boring. just use "older" models, keep the same movelists for history mode.
Re: Soulcalibur VI
#50  December 10, 2017, 12:47:29 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Do you believe this game will have a "History Mode"?
#51  December 10, 2017, 03:49:46 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Is this for real? The next Soul Calibur game on a platform that I actually own?  :yuno:

This will be the first time I actually played a game in the series since SCII.

I really hope that there will be a Switch version. Potential guest characters (from Zelda and/or Fire Emblem) aside, it would make the perfect fighting game on the go.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#52  December 11, 2017, 11:05:38 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#53  December 12, 2017, 05:19:35 pm
famitsu interview https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-theme-reboot-emphasizes-enjoyment-sword-fighting-single-button
Development was decided from the fact that it is the series’ 20th anniversary and there are still no 3D weapon-based fighting games on current generation hardware.

The keyword is “reboot.” We reviewed previous entries, and looked back on how users played and received each game.

We want players to know the world of the original Soulcalibur by solidly depicting its story once again. Part of that is the hope that not only current players, but also those who played in the past will return.

1586, the era of Soulcalibur, is an era of many unfinished tales.

New characters will appear. These will be important characters who have significant involvement in the story and such.

(Will there be guest characters?) “Please look forward to it!”

The basics parts of the battle system, which utilize vertical slashes, horizontal slashes, and running to fight, have not changed.

Movement speed and operability are being tuned to emphasize comfort so that anyone can play.

The most significant evolution is the introduction of the “Reveresal Edge” system, which is an attack that integrates offense and defense to defend against almost all techniques with a single button, regardless of whether they are high, middle, or low. By mastering this, even beginners can can read the moves of advanced players.

The game will emphasize how you can enjoy the fun of sword fighting with a single button. They are also fixating on production.
Critical Edges are also being prepared. While their command inputs were difficult in Soulcalibur V, they can be activated with a single button in Soulcalibur VI.

There is a system called “Soul Charge,” which is paired with the Critical Edge system. You can power-up for a certain time by expending the gauge. Soul Charge-exclusive techniques are also being prepared.

A “Lethal Hit” system is being prepared for advanced players. By landing specific techniques with certain conditions fulfilled, you can perform powerful combos depicted through special production and slow motion. By doing this you can destroy your opponent’s equipment.

If Mitsurugi’s lower body equipment is destroyed, he will essentially only be wearing a loincloth. If Sophitia’s hair accessories are destroyed, her hairdo will change.

Guard Impacts can be used without depleting the gauge.

We also want to offer a tutorial mode.

We feel that character creation is an attraction that cannot be removed from the series. We cannot say anymore, but please look forward to it.

Development is 70 percent complete.
#54  December 12, 2017, 05:30:54 pm
Oh no, they're going full casual-friendly... and injecting new characters into the story doesn't sound great either.

Oh well, still hyped.
#55  December 12, 2017, 07:14:50 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
 gematsu.com said:
The most significant evolution is the introduction of the “Reveresal Edge” system, which is an attack that integrates offense and defense to defend against almost all techniques with a single button, regardless of whether they are high, middle, or low. By mastering this, even beginners can read the moves of advanced players.

...this smells not good...
Still looking foward.
#56  December 12, 2017, 11:33:20 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It's probably going to be really punishable on whiff.

Or at least I sure hope so
#57  December 20, 2017, 12:33:41 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ

The producer explains the lack of a Switch version, as well as him considering a Switch port later down the road (but no guarantees)
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#58  December 20, 2017, 02:39:12 pm
just post the quote instead of a shitty video
SoulCalibur VI development started more than three years ago. And nobody knew anything about Switch back then. So, as a matter of fact we are not working on Switch, as of now. But of course, personally, I’m interested in the platform. So if the Unreal Engine can adapt to Switch, and evolve itself, then maybe the possibility will be more.
#59  January 25, 2018, 06:03:55 pm
#60  January 25, 2018, 07:26:46 pm
lol 5 seconds on Google told me that the ø in his name wasn't pronounced o, and the trailer pronounces it as a big fat o.
Norse character ? Cool. He looks nice, a bit ultra edgy but I'll live. Is his super called "chevalier mal fait ?"
God damn Nightmare with that super. With personality since this should be before Siegfried is freed from Soul Edge. Just-a-tiny-bit-younger Kilik looks nice t-- oh hey edgy evil Kilik okay.