YesNoOk

TMNT By Dcat Updated to 1.0, Shredder + Krang released! (Read 242095 times)

Started by Dcat, February 03, 2013, 01:45:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: TMNT By Dcat Updated to 1.0, Shredder + Krang released!
#81  March 10, 2013, 04:20:20 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
And I hope he comes back soon: there has been A LOT of feedback and bugs pointed out. Thankfully we're out of the note taking stage through pen and paper. Dcat would have a small pamphlet of hand written notes by now.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#82  March 16, 2013, 01:51:24 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Not sure if this has been said yet but, krang's overhead comes out a bit too fast imo. Overheads are usually slow so that if you get hit by them you deserved it and were mixed up. comboing after them is totally fine but I think there should be 5-7 more frames of start up on it.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.

DW

#83  March 16, 2013, 02:06:17 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I agree with that. Krang's overhead is too fast and more times than not, he'll catch you with it after a low attack, because you'll still be left in blockstun before you can rise up to guard it.
#84  March 16, 2013, 04:23:50 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Well you can still block it even in block stun once you get used to the pattern. It's just that unless you're used to reacting fast to the opponent you'd never see it coming. My issue is that overheads are never that fast unless it was from the air in pretty much anything ever. Thanks to this really slow guy in my sig I'm very used to blocking right......(I also use really slow chars in other fighters)
#85  March 16, 2013, 04:28:20 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I haven't downloaded Krang (not my cup of tea) so I don't know how fast his overhead is, but there are some pretty fast overheads out there, such as the command overheads in Samurai Shodown V Special, Jin's overhead from Blazblue, Ryo's overhead from KOF, etc.
#86  March 16, 2013, 04:38:12 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
ryo's overhead at its fastest was still 21 frames. Krang's is 9. Like I said, not that hard to block but a bit too fast imo.
#87  March 17, 2013, 10:44:51 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I haven't downloaded Krang (not my cup of tea)

WHAAA!? If you choose to not try him out, let me say that you're certainly missing out on one of the most creative and fun Mugen characters out there.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#88  March 19, 2013, 01:05:26 pm
    • mugen.wikia.com/wiki/The_MUGEN_Database
it is pretty fun the AI needs ore work done tho

and i still think Krang could use a bit more moves other then that its great
#89  March 19, 2013, 01:15:59 pm
  • Sith Lord
    • USA
    • bishop100@aol.com
#90  March 20, 2013, 03:01:41 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
I wonder if 483 or so is the best one can do with Shredder.(Basic standing combo, end with Fierce Kick, into L+M Ground Burst, into 2 or 3 hits of an air combo, into Foot Clan Super).

Then again, L+M Ground Burst into Foot Clan is about 400 damage on it's own for 1500 Power.  And the move itself 'raw' does 315 or so.

There's a lot of oddities in his chaining but you're not 'rewarded' for any of them.  Though I suppose it's better to keep him under control-he's already got unparalleled mobility and is ridiculously aggressive.

...The readme notes that Super Shredder has to pay 100 Power for his teleport.  Not only is he not paying it but Shredder himself doesn't have to pay a thing by default.  Surely Shredder should have to pay but Super Shredder shouldn't(Not that the AI bothers using it, and why should it)?
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
#91  March 20, 2013, 09:27:09 pm
I agree on the push back, on Krang being a bit much.  But if it needs to stay, I would enjoy it more if there was some sort of animation to go with it (sort of like a goofy explanation for it, if you get what I am saying), like a cartoony trampoline, or a boxer glove appears out of some part of his robot body, thus pushing you back.
#92  March 25, 2013, 03:39:22 am
    • Canada
    • unstabler2012@gmail.com
    • www.mediafire.com/?7e103tuw8ozz8
For those who want to disable or lower the amount of push back from Guard Push, simply open the character's CNS file, search for Statedef 750 (Guard Push helper), and look for:
Code:
[State 750]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = Time >= 0
x = 17

Simply change 17 to 0 to fully disable the push back.
#93  March 29, 2013, 09:10:49 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Let's hope all is well with Dcat. It's been quite a while since his initial posting here. I'd love to see an official update.

And thanks for all of the corrective posts everyone. Including the post right above me here.

#94  May 17, 2014, 02:20:59 pm
    • Germany
I give this old topic a little push since Dcat is back and put some new vids in the first post.

Btw.
@Dcat
Welcome back and I hope you have seen some of the Bug reports here.^^

@Mods
Please don't hurt me for digging out the topic. xD
#95  May 17, 2014, 06:02:02 pm
WHOAAA!! The demo vids alone were awesome. Can't wait to try these out. Great Job!!!
#96  May 17, 2014, 06:36:43 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
If you haven't tried these out, holy shit you're in for a treat. Kamakaze gave is insanely accurate SNES renditions of TMNT characters, and that's a good thing. Dcat, on the other hand, gave us something special here with an infusion of personality, charm, and insanely fun playability. These TMNT renditions are easily six of the best characters Mugen has to offer. Period. Load up Shredder and Krang and simply cycle through their introductions. Yeah, they're that awesome. :mmhmm:

You really can't compare these to Kamakaze's as both sides of the TMNT mugen fence are beyond spectacular. Hell... download all of them!!

I was also one of the few to have been fortunate enough to beta test Shredder and Krang. A few moves came from yours truly!! Also, to celebrate how amazing these are, I featured this thread on Facebook. :2thumbsup:

#97  May 18, 2014, 04:44:57 am
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
forsure I will revisit these characters since I have not been keeping up with the updates!!! stuff looks beyond awesome
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#98  May 19, 2014, 12:13:56 am
  • My Mugen's broken.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/two4teezee
Nice to see you still at it Dcat
#99  May 19, 2014, 12:27:35 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
yeah, i hope u update all the tmnt characters soon
#100  October 02, 2014, 02:47:42 am
    • USA
    • sonicbillymays@gmail.com
shredder is really great but everytime i beat him in game hes stuck in some crouch animation for 3 minutes what do i do