YesNoOk

glad MFG is still around! (Read 516 times)

Started by Joulz, October 21, 2019, 05:49:52 am
Share this topic:
glad MFG is still around!
#1  October 21, 2019, 05:49:52 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
hi all!

i had been away from Mugen due to some unfortunate circumstances for quite a while now, and was afraid the community might no longer be: so glad it is still being preserved by the few dinosaurs still around & nothing like logging back in to see that familiar interface :)

Re: glad MFG is still around!
#2  October 21, 2019, 11:22:00 am
    • deathscythemugen.neocities.org
Hello! Not only the dinosaurs but new users are emerging too. :)
Welcome back!
#3  October 21, 2019, 11:38:39 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/

Nice to meet you.
#4  October 21, 2019, 01:22:01 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Glad to have you on board!
#5  October 22, 2019, 09:46:23 pm
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Expect me to joke around a lot...
    • USA

Welcome back!
"Certainly, they existed... Those blinded by ambition. Those consumed with vengeance. But here, they do not exist. Only winners and losers here. For here, THE MIGHTY RULE!"

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#6  November 11, 2019, 06:15:25 am
    • Canada

hi all!

i had been away from Mugen due to some unfortunate circumstances for quite a while now, and was afraid the community might no longer be: so glad it is still being preserved by the few dinosaurs still around & nothing like logging back in to see that familiar interface :)

I totally agree.

Much like yourself, I was also away and just came back myself after a very long hiatus. 90% of the sites I've known over the years have fallen off so I too was worried. While it's not active as it used to be (somewhat a byproduct of the social media age too imo), it's amazing that some of my fellow OGs are still at it 2 decades later and seeing many works from big to small blossom. Not to mention, the Mugen engine itself is still advancing via Ikemen and online play as the bigger examples. I mean, just 10 years ago the simple idea of online capabilities would get you laughed at if you were lucky so put that into perspective.

The way I see it, the community as a whole still has much to offer. With bigger companies abandoning the 2D art style, we're essentially at the helm of it in a sense. Keep rockin folks!