Pen Tool Pixel Issue (Read 10888 times)

Started by TheFclass97, November 04, 2016, 11:07:02 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pen Tool Pixel Issue
#21  November 06, 2016, 03:31:11 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
That's a great result already man, all you have to do is clean up the lines, and apply some anti-aliasing.

Here's a quick run on some of the parts (I didn't do all of it):

See how it changes drastically?

Ahhhhhhhhh, I see it. Looks fucking great. So uhh... What should I do now?
#22  November 06, 2016, 03:38:01 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Smoothen out the rest of the outlines, and apply anti-aliasing to the rest. If you want to go the extra mile, add another dark color to give it shading.

However if you want to do the other, darken the colors used for anti-aliasing a bit.
This is a generic forum signature.

HQ

#23  November 06, 2016, 01:05:49 pm
Here a quick tip of how you can also approach pixel art.
With black outline - With colored outline - with little Shading - and of course one without selective outline (which I don't have the time to do, but is basically breaking the outline - showing only outline on some parts)

Made some improvement suggestions (going from the model sheet I found online)
#24  November 06, 2016, 05:04:47 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Smoothen out the rest of the outlines, and apply anti-aliasing to the rest. If you want to go the extra mile, add another dark color to give it shading.

However if you want to do the other, darken the colors used for anti-aliasing a bit.

I'll try this method along with the others and see what I can do. Thanks man.

Here a quick tip of how you can also approach pixel art.
With black outline - With colored outline - with little Shading - and of course one without selective outline (which I don't have the time to do, but is basically breaking the outline - showing only outline on some parts)

Made some improvement suggestions (going from the model sheet I found online)

Holy shit, that looks so cool! I'll definitely mess with these options and see what works.

I guess I can stop for now and mess with it and see what I can create later down the line. I honestly didn't expect this much help from all you guys, so thanks a lot dudes! Hopefully I can improve with all the referencing and info/ideas ya'll sent. Again, thanks a lot. :D I'll see what I can do from now on...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty