YesNoOk

Xuan Dou Zhi Wang ripped off EnlightendShadow (maybe) (Read 10855 times)

Started by EnlightendShadow, September 09, 2013, 09:11:47 am
Share this topic:
Re: Xuan Dou Zhi Wang ripped off EnlightendShadow (maybe)
#41  September 11, 2013, 04:01:30 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I dunno man, I'd feel pretty honored if a concept char of mine was picked up by another company to be put in a fighter. It's not like they are saying we did all of this all over their site. Nor are they claiming ownership as far as we can tell. Everyone knows flipbucket's cast comes from a mixture of existing characters. I guess just like SNK and SF's OC's got bit off. So too can regular people on the internet.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#42  September 11, 2013, 04:34:00 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Wait Enlightend... isn't your edits taken from KOFXIII characters as base?? Have you think they could make their designs using real sprites SNK provides them for their characters, the same you used as base for your characters from rips made by normal users??

Also, what Kame said, it would be a honor for me if a company uses some of my designs for its game or its page, I would feel kind of famous :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#43  September 11, 2013, 04:37:05 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
As soon as money or undeserved fame comes into play, almost every artist wants to protect his rights as good as possible. And expects at least that he gets the credit if his work is used by others.

I am pretty sure that you would not be soo happy if Capcom - as example - would use a characterdesign by yourself as the 5th Ultra SFIV character (hilarious example..i know) and makes indirect money with it while they do not even credit you.

This company or group of people from China is of course another case...and all statements above are true.
#44  September 11, 2013, 04:43:22 pm
So it's okay if he's included in the readme.txt? This reminds me of a meme. lol anyways tbh i'll be pissed off too if that happened to me, but as i said, China.
#45  September 11, 2013, 04:47:20 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
So it's okay if he's included in the readme.txt?

lol, good one :-) That's to decide by every artist /creator of course. What i meant is that crediting the creator is at least better than nothing, which seems to be the case here
#46  September 11, 2013, 05:26:12 pm
    • USA
I don't get it, are you guys...? ReallY? Only two people in this thread sees the irony or are you guys just trying to not to be harsh or something?

How are they stealing anything when the base for the hair and shoes (AT LEAST) are straight from KOF XII?? XDZW devs have permission to use KOF assets now, what would prevent them from grabbing terry's shoes and K's hair and pal swap them?

In fact maybe they actually grabbed his sprite? Maybe they though it was a KOF asset? But if that's the case then you have no grounds to complain about it, the freaking shoes are just Terry's but pal swapped, come on! The differences easily outweigh the similarities.

The second pic is even more ridiculous. That hair style is pretty common among manga and anime designs (And I bet somebody already has it in game). Every single thing you marked there are either an anime cliche or something introduced by SNK faaaaaar before you first "designed" any of your characters (K's leg strap, Mary's jacket, bandaid) and just in case you marked it to indicate that the fist of one of your designs was lifted from it to create that concept then that's just a lie.

Concept-B when compared to Not-Kyo is almost tolerable but it has a lot of differences as well.

EDIT: I wish I knew where the shirt from your first image comes from, hope that IS one of the original elements you drew from scratch later on...
#47  September 11, 2013, 06:14:58 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Why do these "ORIGNAL LE CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL" people get so butthurt when something that slightly resembles their work gets posted? Like are you that bad at designing a character that your shameless rip off of others work means so much to you?