YesNoOk

Rock by Ikaruga Light Punching on his own. (Read 1160 times)

Started by PRØJECT.13, April 22, 2019, 09:31:11 pm
Share this topic:
Rock by Ikaruga Light Punching on his own.
#1  April 22, 2019, 09:31:11 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
At first I thought it was just me panicking and hitting Light Punch when I didn't mean to, but then I saw that sometimes, Ikaruga's Rock just does it on his own instead of blocking. How do I fix that so it doesn't happen, because it's losing me a lot of matches lol.
Re: Rock by Ikaruga Light Punching on his own.
#2  April 22, 2019, 10:47:48 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

Sounds like a problem with the AI part of your cmd. Look for any ChangeState that's switching to that particular statedef.
You'll have to track down the method the char is using for AI and use it in that changestate.

Look at all the other changestates that dont require a command input. See if they have something in common like AILevel or a var(). See if your light punch doesn't have that.

If you're super confused, post the changestates so we can see them. If there's more than one, post them all.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  April 23, 2019, 01:31:08 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I'm not versed in code whatsoever so I have almost no idea exactly what I'm looking for lol... If it helps narrowing it down or whatever, it definitely seems to be in response to something and it's only with Rock. So I went into training mode and tried using certain moves with different characters on Rock to see if those moves have any similarities.

What I came across is that it seems like certain moves with a hitbox on the character triggers them, yet only with specific characters. For example, using Ikaruga's own Rock's light counter will have the opponent Rock just spam light punch until the counter animation is over, but the same doesn't happen with DivineWolf's Rock's counter. Though it does happen with Soy Sauce's Terry's Power Dunk and Trololo's Nash's Tragedy Assault. Again, I'm not very familiar with MUGEN code at all, so I hope mentioning this helps tell what I'm supposed to look for?
#4  April 25, 2019, 12:20:04 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

That almost sounds like P2 is putting him into a custom state. And your Rock's state is the SLP.

You can use Debug to take notes on the state numbers. Ctrl+D to bring it up. Do the moves until the light punch is spammed and see what state it keeps switching to. Reset the round with F4 or whatever and use debug to switch to P2. Do the move that causes the bug and remember what state number causes it.
Then you'll have to look in P1's cmd file and cns file(s) for his number. Then open up P2 and look through the cns and cmd for the state that causes the bug. See if those states cause any customstates or reversals or anything that's going to send P2 into a different state. See if they match your values.
#5  April 25, 2019, 03:51:42 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
So after a bit of testing with the characters I mentioned before, Rock's light punch state number is 200, while the number he's reacting to is 1400. Terry's Power Dunk, Nash's Tragedy Assault and Rock's light Crack Counter all fall under that number. I also found that number in one of Rock's CNS files, but I don't necessarily wanna do anything with it just yet.
#6  April 25, 2019, 08:28:35 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

Search your cmd for the slp changestate.  I'd personally search for "200" but you'll come up with 2000, or 1200, or 3200, also. Just keep pressing enter until you see it flip back to the starting point.
If the normal attack works fine, I'd think it'd be the AI part of your cmd messing up.
You should also search the cmd for 1400 too.

Try to compare how changestate 200 and 210 and 220 all work. See if there are any differences.
#7  April 25, 2019, 08:56:22 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I think I fixed it. This was a line of code that showed up in Rock's CMD

;‰“‹——£—§‚¿Žãƒpƒ“ƒ`
[State -1, Stand Light Punch]
type = ChangeState
value = 200
triggerall = var(59) != 1
triggerall =!Ishelper
triggerall = roundstate = 2
triggerall = statetype != A
trigger1 = ctrl || (stateno = [100,101]) || stateno = 752 || var(2) >= 1
trigger1 = p2stateno = 1400

The main thing I noticed was that it was the only time a second instance of a ChangeState with the same value was placed within the text, so I deleted it to see if that would stop it, and it does. Rock doesn't spam his light punch when State 1400 is active anymore. Thanks for the help, man!
#8  April 26, 2019, 11:30:36 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

You deleted the whole chunk of code, not just the
trigger1 = p2stateno = 1400
line, right?

That looks like it should be coded for certain enemies. As if there should be a list of chars that's compatible with.

Dont forget to mark your topics as Solved. I got it for you this time.
#9  April 26, 2019, 11:45:56 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yeah, I had deleted that line first and he was just light punching forever, so I realized "Well, that's not right." xD I'll be sure of that next time, if there is a next time =P Thanks again.