YesNoOk

MacMugen Beta 1.0 (v2 nearly done, read Edit for more info) (Read 772112 times)

Started by skullstrider45, June 29, 2009, 12:14:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: MacMugen Released!!! (New DMG file uploaded!)
#41  August 09, 2009, 08:27:35 am
How do you run in Hardware mode?
go to mugen.cfg (the third option where there's a tool icon) and go to where it says, "video". now were it says, "Windows" change the directx mode to, "hardware" then from there everything should be self explanatory. hope that helped you
Re: MacMugen Beta 1.0
#42  August 17, 2009, 09:49:54 pm
  • StormEX Team Advisor
Darn this lag is annoying but the only way to fix is to run in hardware mode. However i can't even use the controls. Nothing i press seems to work. I can't even esc so i have to command+q
It has something to do with selecting the window itself but i can't do that with my mouse not visible....

#43  August 18, 2009, 07:11:37 am
  • Son of a Mother*ucker
  • Mode Change... Mode 2!
    • Mexico
    • www.freewebs.com/fightingspiritsmexico/
Well I'd be burned... I go on Workbathical and MUGEN gets Mac ported... Impressive work man, (Thought I'd rather punch a wall covered in barbed wire than switch to mac, Personal Opinion...) But It's Impressive to know Now not only we Win users can have MUGEN, but also those of the Mac users... so Finally all three "Major" OS are covered

Luck to the Mack Users...
PONCHO

Clic on the Sign, then on The flags (U.S. 4 English talkers & MX 4 Spanish Talkers), then go to "Descargas/Downloads" And You're in the Downloads Section
#44  August 21, 2009, 08:27:25 pm
I only have 2 problems:

1: keyboard controls- it doesn't seem to work. and as I read earlier, that only solves the joystick problem.

2: adding characters, stages, etc.- how do I put all that in? when I try using the controls "add character" and select a file from mac, it will not read it. so how do I put the files in the mugen folder when I cant even access it from the mac options?

This may be simple questions to answer, but I am not knowledgeable on macs. I just have to deal with this mac for now...

any help will be appreciated, thank you.
#45  August 27, 2009, 09:11:49 am
  • StormEX Team Advisor
I only have 2 problems:

1: keyboard controls- it doesn't seem to work. and as I read earlier, that only solves the joystick problem.

2: adding characters, stages, etc.- how do I put all that in? when I try using the controls "add character" and select a file from mac, it will not read it. so how do I put the files in the mugen folder when I cant even access it from the mac options?

This may be simple questions to answer, but I am not knowledgeable on macs. I just have to deal with this mac for now...

since no one got back to you i hope you already found your answer but uh i beleive the first post tells you how... If not ill try explaining it i just cant explain right now since im not on my mac

#46  August 28, 2009, 09:18:54 am
I only have 2 problems:

since no one got back to you i hope you already found your answer but uh i beleive the first post tells you how... If not ill try explaining it i just cant explain right now since im not on my mac

ya, already figured that out. but for every different screen pack I put in, more problems occur. in the end, it is just not worth it playing it on the mac. I just find problems after problems and when I fix one, another starts. just keep it windows.
#47  August 28, 2009, 07:01:48 pm
I only have 2 problems:

ya, already figured that out. but for every different screen pack I put in, more problems occur. in the end, it is just not worth it playing it on the mac. I just find problems after problems and when I fix one, another starts. just keep it windows.
hmm, i need suggestions for another launcher. this particular one is just not gonna work out since installing a screenpack is a pain for me as well though the only way to get this working was to get a launcher so if anyone has suggestions just ask and i'll add a new launcher upon next release. btw i apologize for not updating its status because of school and such and i'm busy with other things as well so for the time being this will have to be put on hold
#48  August 29, 2009, 02:03:04 am
no problem man, you did good trying this out. the fact that you can get MUGEN running on a mac is great. remember that the second try is always better. Trial and error, the key to success. The main problem I find from the start is the mugen configuration system. it makes installing character and stages easy, but sometimes with a new screen pack, you get character errors and you can't access it because of the mugen configuration, same goes for the stages. I could never get two characters to fight because of the errors that I can't fix. And when I tried the new screen pack (neowave), it would only read the "WIN MUGEN" file, no matter how you change it. Once again, the problem is the configuration that was put there. sometimes, the long way to install a character or a stage is the secure way to insure that you are correct with what you put. because not knowing what you did wrong is just aggravating. my suggestion is maybe the mugen configurator thingy you put in is messed up, or maybe it should not even be there. because for all I know, maybe it is the source of all the problems. check with the errors one at a time, starting with the mugen configuration tool. as for the rest, well, thats out of my knowledge. but this is all I can tell you.

well good luck, and I hope this helps.
#49  August 29, 2009, 08:44:51 am
no problem man, you did good trying this out. the fact that you can get MUGEN running on a mac is great. remember that the second try is always better. Trial and error, the key to success. The main problem I find from the start is the mugen configuration system. it makes installing character and stages easy, but sometimes with a new screen pack, you get character errors and you can't access it because of the mugen configuration, same goes for the stages. I could never get two characters to fight because of the errors that I can't fix. And when I tried the new screen pack (neowave), it would only read the "WIN MUGEN" file, no matter how you change it. Once again, the problem is the configuration that was put there. sometimes, the long way to install a character or a stage is the secure way to insure that you are correct with what you put. because not knowing what you did wrong is just aggravating. my suggestion is maybe the mugen configurator thingy you put in is messed up, or maybe it should not even be there. because for all I know, maybe it is the source of all the problems. check with the errors one at a time, starting with the mugen configuration tool. as for the rest, well, thats out of my knowledge. but this is all I can tell you.

well good luck, and I hope this helps.
thank you, and yes, now that i see it, it is MWC that is causing all of this. i remember seeing a launcher that just launched the game and nothing else and you could edit the settings manually like you would on windows. but i don't remember what it was called.... a quick google search should help
#50  August 30, 2009, 07:32:24 pm
  • Keepin' it SSStylish!
    • USA

thank you, and yes, now that i see it, it is MWC that is causing all of this. i remember seeing a launcher that just launched the game and nothing else and you could edit the settings manually like you would on windows. but i don't remember what it was called.... a quick google search should help

I'm not having too much trouble with MWC, and in fact I like how it provides an actual interface for configuring the game. Personally I don't care too much about the screen pack being used -- though I use BrokenMugen on my PC, so I know that a well-done screen pack adds a nice layer of polish.

I'd be more concerned about MWC if it was adding some unneeded processing or resource overhead. Not that your current release is running too slow, but generally I'd trade comparability or slickness for performance.
Wow. I've never seen a talking mutt before.
#51  September 07, 2009, 05:10:28 pm
    • UK
I thought i'd like to point out, if you have xquartz installed, you've basically got no chance of trying this out. Something about xquartz breaks it, I don't know what.

If you have xquartz, you may want to revert back to standard X11.

You can use this tutorial here to get back to stock X11

(Look for the header "Messed it up, got confused, want to start over?")
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X11-UsersFAQ
Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 05:21:39 pm by Xinos
#52  September 16, 2009, 05:16:00 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
oh, I just saw this now!

I will test it right now, this is very useful to me :)
#53  September 16, 2009, 05:26:01 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
hum, I tried to make it run, but when I hit PLAY...it says "unable to write the .cfg"
Re: MacMugen Beta 1.0 (v2 nearly done, read Edit for more info)
#54  October 02, 2009, 08:22:13 am
just want to tell everyone that a new release is coming out soon
Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:39:25 am by skullstrider45
#55  October 02, 2009, 08:30:35 pm
    • UK
Awesome news. I like that the new Mugen is going to be used this time. Good luck with this  :)
#56  October 03, 2009, 06:21:39 am
  • Keepin' it SSStylish!
    • USA
Awesome news. I like that the new Mugen is going to be used this time. Good luck with this  :)

I play around with this a lot these days. I've got winmugen running stable-ish (stable for mugen anyhow) -- and the new RC2 is running (sporadically) at 50+ FPS! I've got a couple of insights:

1) I've spent a lot of time messing about with this, and this is my current theory on the missing mugen.cfg problem. I think it's due to CrossOver keeping the actual files for Mugen "inside" the Mugen.app. Problem is, MWC thinks a folder of aliases is its home directory, and doesn't know how to follow a Macintosh alias.

So, MWC is looking for mugen.cfg in here:

Macintosh HD > Users > Boradis > Library > Application Support > Crossover Mugen > Bottles > drive_c > Program Files > mwc4h > mugen > data > mugen.cfg (alias)

Luckily, MWC can "dig" into Mugen.app to get at the needed files. On the Options menu of MWC, click the "Mugen Version" button, and direct it to here (assuming you've got Mugen.app in your Applications folder):

Macintosh HD > Applications > Mugen.app > Contents > SharedSupport > cxchromium > drive_c > Program Files > mwc4h > mugen > data > mugen.cfg (actual file)

You can also get right at the files from within that first directory by right-clicking (or ctrl-clicking) on one and choosing "Show Original." Then it will pop open the innards of Mugen.app as the tree of directories it is, allowing you to launch winmugen.exe by itself, and edit your select.def and mugen.cfg files by hand.

2) I believe (I may be wrong) that when MWC launches, it loads the mugen.cfg file it's set to load and passes it to Mugen as it is launced. If MWC loads a mugen.cfg for Old Winmugen, it may let you launch RC2, which then seems to use its own mugen.cfg (at least if you change the options and save). Just make sure you don't edit the RC2 mugen.cfg file using MWC, since the program makes changes that aren't compatible with RC2.

Anyhow, that's what my experiments have yielded so far.
Wow. I've never seen a talking mutt before.
#57  November 14, 2009, 02:17:29 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It's been so long since I got my mac. As I sit here watching Evil Ryu and Evil ken duke it out just like old times, I can't help but think "skullstrider is one of my favorite human beings EVER!!!"  :D

Thanks a whole lot man. Your friggin great. ;D  ;D  ;D
#58  November 28, 2009, 10:00:38 am
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
Can I get a working link? I cant download this.
I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
#59  November 29, 2009, 04:12:43 pm
good one
#60  January 13, 2010, 06:30:28 am
    • www.freewebs.com/kiryuken/
Can you re-upload the link to a different server? I can't seem to access it cause it gives me a 403 server error.