YesNoOk

Ares' Project Thread (Read 104582 times)

Started by Seraphs Ares, November 28, 2012, 04:46:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

For boundary research only (Pick two):

Ragna (*)
19 (21.8%)
Azrael (**)
13 (14.9%)
Es (*)
16 (18.4%)
Kokonoe (***)
21 (24.1%)
Mai (*****)
18 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: January 22, 2020, 05:59:18 pm

Re: Seraphs Ares 'Project Blaz' Thread
#41  December 24, 2012, 03:30:56 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
That would be an ai worth fighting. Nice to know you're implementing overdrive.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#42  December 25, 2012, 11:19:46 pm
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
C.A.N: Ares' AI without overdrive is already a pain in the butt. He may not be as hard as Muteki's but he's still a formidable foe.

Hey folks, I've gotten much better and here's your dose of updates.

-Version 0.92
 -Added proration to all throws.
 -Yukikaze Effect added.
 -Barrier added.
 -Burst projectile added.
 -AI Added.

I'm still tweaking his AI, and I may release him maybe today. I have his readme done right now. It'll be great for me to find out more bugs if I have a mass audience playing with my character.
#43  December 25, 2012, 11:46:22 pm
  • tired
Ha, as long as the AI's better than the beta version I have now, it'll be worth it.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#44  December 25, 2012, 11:54:52 pm
    • Philippines
He's not as strong as the old Beta. Most of the start up on his attacks are slower than the Beta's.

Oh by the way guys, rename my old Beta as Ares_BB_Beta inside his def file, then rename the def file itself to that, and the folder too. Just a neat treat I added in the new Ares.

#45  December 25, 2012, 11:57:36 pm
  • tired
Hm? A special intro or something?
#46  December 26, 2012, 12:03:03 am
    • Philippines
Something like that.

About his AI, I forgot to say this too; His AI is somewhat incomplete. I'm under the effects of my medicine so I can't think straight at the moment. I just slapped on his old AI, tweaked it by removing some things and adding some states in there too. He's somewhat tone down a bit, but I'll change that in the few days.

#47  December 26, 2012, 12:09:56 am
  • tired
That sounds interesting. Maybe I'll keep the beta around after all.
Wait, what medicine?
#48  December 26, 2012, 12:15:00 am
    • Philippines
Nightquil. It's keeping my cold-but-was-the-flu symptoms down at the moment. Yeah, I'm fighting the will to put my head down on this keyboard at the moment.
#49  December 26, 2012, 12:17:00 am
  • tired
Hm, being that tired can't be good for you. A little rest can go a long way. I'm sure us poor public peons can wait a little longer for his release.
#50  December 26, 2012, 12:22:47 am
    • Philippines
I've been resting for the past several days, so I'm ok. It's a tad late, I have the thread ready to go and the files are uploading.
#51  December 26, 2012, 12:24:42 am
  • tired
Here's hoping the public feedback can make up for my not being at my computer to test him myself. I'll try to at least find and follow it.
#52  December 26, 2012, 12:28:57 am
    • Philippines
I know why people don't use WinMugen anymore. It does have a lot of bugs. But that's okay.

That reminds me. I got a bigger ram part for my laptop (Present!). Thanks to my fiancee, I can probably run 1.0 now. I just need to install the part.
#53  December 26, 2012, 12:30:42 am
  • tired
Thank goodness for that.
* C.A.N goes on a long Kokonoe-style rant about 1.0's superiority *
#54  December 26, 2012, 12:35:30 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I have around 6000+ wav files to work with now. There's around 120 files per voice set, then their 2-10 files per VS character. There's 16 characters left in Continuum Shift and 9 characters left for Calamity Trigger.
120 Set A + 120 Set B = 240 total.
240 * 16 CS Characters = 3840 total wav files.
240 * 9 CT Characters = 2160 total wav files.

3840 + 2160 = 6000 wav files. And that is just the English Voice Sets only. Take in account the VS. Character Specific Voices too, so that's a lot of files I'm working with. Conversion is very quick but it's very VERY tedious.
About this, what was your method for extraction and conversion?  Are you using both CT and CS voices and have at one point considered recording in-story dialogue?
#55  December 26, 2012, 12:39:50 am
    • Philippines
Pure rips Kirishima. I got a program writtin just for the .pac files from a friend of mine. I helped her make her own character in Mugen. I'm working on ripping both CT and CSE. I had to find a different way to rip the story mode sounds. I'll work with the general sounds and the arcade dialogue. There's way too much at the moment right now. Adding the work to rip the story sounds keep me ripping forever.
#56  December 26, 2012, 12:47:08 am
Then might I consider giving you a hand on this extraction progress to at least lighten the capacity, assuming .pac files have already been extracted awaiting adjustment?  Its all for only one or two characters?
#57  December 26, 2012, 01:20:19 am
    • Philippines
Yeah, it'll be great if you can help me out in the extraction process. I need the pac files to be decompressed. The rest of the crazy process is to rename them all.

It's all the characters that I'm planning to rip, so there's a lot. I did a recount and it's around 8000+ counting both English and Japanese.

Posted: December 26, 2012, 01:25:55 am
Thank goodness for that.
* C.A.N goes on a long Kokonoe-style rant about 1.0's superiority *

You telling me to convert to 1.0.
#58  December 26, 2012, 01:27:39 am
Hmm, have my doubts on extracting the complete set.  As I said, I can at least lighten to work by, let's say half of the full set, and from then on depending on my schedule, I may continue.  Starting with Hakumen since you mostly need his clips for the edit.

You can send me the files along with the program or the name of which for me to find.
#59  December 26, 2012, 01:31:26 am
    • Philippines
Not really extraction that I need help on, just the decompression of the .pac files. That's what is killing me the most. But if you can managed to decompress the .pac files for me it'll be great. Do you have the xbdecompress/xbcompress program? I'll send it your way along with the .pac files.
#60  December 26, 2012, 01:35:24 am
First time I heard of that app.  Send it with the files please and I'll give it a look-see.

Also helps to list what you parts you already got done before I were to begin.