YesNoOk

Amidweiz's totally original review thread (Read 42882 times)

Started by Amidweiz, February 19, 2015, 04:04:31 am
Share this topic:
Amidweiz's totally original review thread
#1  February 19, 2015, 04:04:31 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Because this idea hasn't been done five times before. You can give me characters to review, (Make sure to provide a link to the character or else I won't even consider reviewing it) Make sure I can actually play with the character so I don't want any AI only bullshit, don't ask me for characters accuracy to the original source unless the character is a total insult to it, and if the character is one of these hentai characters... I might look at it if it is worth looking at.

The general score for characters will go like this

Coding X/5
A.I. X/5
Presentation X/5
Creativity X/5
Playability X/5

Anyways might as well start out godawful character I guess

and that character would be

Josh Geary "Remake" by Josh Geary AKA: JGearyAndJSlikk3

Deviant art OC quality anyone?

~ "I'm Not a we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years, You Are a we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years!" - Josh Geary's 19 victory quote

Now this is what people mean when someone's scraping the bottom of the barrel of shit, Bad OC mugen characters. Now let's just get the major shit
out of the way this thing steals more code than you can fucking imagine, (which is funny considering the base character it used which is homer Simpson by warner which was a shitty edit of H" CvS Iori) autoCLSN, Health regeneration, Terrible sounds, Retardfully easy commands for every move (Including ridiculously easy command timings), XXxx3dg3l0r4666xxXX approved win quotes, unavoidable attacks, the works. I could just end the review here but obviously that is not what you came here for. Lets just start out with the gameplay shall we.

Oh H" why did your Iori had to be shat out like this

Well to be honest sense this a edit of homer his moves will be somewhat similar sense Geary does not know how to code worth a damn as suggest before. The only thing I will even consider worth noting is that some of his attacks have priority unlike hundreds of other characters that don't. Here is another thing I hate about is the sprites, well there not to hard to hate considering there Mspaint "HD" quality but especially stuff like this

You see this, this is his standing frame some innocent ryu stance rip-off shit but then there's this

This is his crouching frame, and I though KoF bosses had trouble trying to crouch but this guy doesn't even attempt to crouch which would be bad in a fight because the only indication that it is a crouch frame is the fact he sticks his spaghetti arms out. Now sense where on the topic on fighting this fucker let me tell you this fucking this is a pain in the ass to fight not because the A.I. is worse that SnK Boss syndrome but it because this fucker heals when he gets the chance not that the Life, Attack, & Defence went already boosted too shitty proportions.

Prepare to see this shit a lot when fighting this asshole

Another fact that will piss you off right the fuck off is that this thing has the parrying coding from nanarman (The one were you can just hold forward and it parries automatically), don't get me wrong I like nanarman because he is a joke character but when I see this coding in another character all I can assume is that the author doesn't want to see that character lose (slight god complex I see here?) even though they made a character for a fighting game, so it's expected for the character to lose a match of two. Even if that doesn't convince ya PROTIP: Winners never record themselves losing, and if so it to prove a point usually how cheap the other character is.

I don't think I need to say anything more about this character then what's already been said, except that the heavy punch launcher misses most of the time.

Coding stolen/5 I can see past you coding josh
A.I. 1/5 The challenge only comes from the frustration
Presentation 0.5/5 Go back to mugen wiki josh
Creativity 0.5/5 How is stealing creative
Playability 2/5 Awful at best but still playable

Download but why would you want to.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1wl4nr52xs3mkxk/Josh+Geary+%28Remake%29.zip
Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:10:16 am by ★~~♥❤~Λ♍Ї-sӆn~❤♥~~★
Re: Amidweiz's totally original review thread
#2  February 19, 2015, 04:20:30 am
  • Wherever theres chaos, I'll be there.
#3  February 19, 2015, 04:35:56 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69

Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#4  February 19, 2015, 02:00:36 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#5  February 20, 2015, 05:24:17 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Well Guess I have several characters I will have too look at now. I will probably post a review upon these characters in a short while.

In the earlier 2k12 days I never really completely understood what was wrong with Daniel from your point of view, would you tear it a new one so I can see in detail of what I fucked up at to not do it again in the eventual new arrangement of him from scratch?: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hayxiiuhjtjkr6/Daniel_2xV2.1.rar

Ya I think I was still thinking that Daniel was still a broken POS due to apra's video on him in 2010, but I think 2 years probably change my opinion on him for the better.

Prepare to see this shit a lot when fighting this asshole
This is why you use grapplers against shit like this.

That and also I have noticed that he didn't code in ground perry and the air perry so you can go all out on him with your low attacks
#6  March 14, 2015, 03:55:16 am
Are you still doing this or are you finished with this?
#7  March 14, 2015, 08:24:51 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
#8  March 20, 2015, 06:45:16 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Roger Warrior of Light by D the Red Cloak

~"The light I carry shall stop any foe." Roger’s 2nd win quote

Now considering that this guy came from a bootleg and the absolutely astounding quality that the character possesses. I had taken a look at this bootleg before and the one thing that I liked about it was all the characters were original and had a consistent theme in the game. Now unlike Roger’s bootleg form, you can actually operate this quite fluently. (Unfortunately I couldn’t seem to do any of this guy’s specials in the original bootleg)

Wrong way roger.

The basics and specials are mostly respectful to the original source (But the inputs for the attacks are different like the QCF punches were originally a charge attack) with some additions of course like the SFIV focus attack. Another thing that I like about this character is that his D The Red Cloak made a sprite for his air block (Unless he had that in the original game) the reason why I pointed this out is because I have seen so many mugen characters that just use the character’s crouching block as there air block, which is fine but it looks like you’re doing the fucking squats in midair.

This is how you do a sprite for an air block

This is not how you do a sprite for an air block, you can't just stand in the air

This is also not how you do a sprite for an air block, There is no floor in the air to crouch block on

I do like what D the Red Cloak did with the supers with Roger transforming into 8-bit final fantasy characters. I think the shield of light could use some more damage to it since you have to use it countering a projectile of helper and also it seems to only get rid of one projectile instead of all the projectiles that are in the super. I can’t really seem to combo up the shining wave super with anything, I can’t even combo it off the focus attack for crying out loud. Now this is just my personal opinion but I don’t really like the Fantasy war super just because you have input extra inputs within the super sort of like Athena Asamiya’s Psycho Nine (I think that’s what the HSDM is called) or Geese Howard’s Deadly rave but unlike those two supers, this super gives you the inputs to the attack.

In conclusion I do like this character a lot but I do think that some extra stuff can be added to this character to make it better (Like a basic projectile for instance) but in the condition it is in right now this character is quite fun to play as.

Coding 4/5It’s standard KFM like coding so you can’t go really wrong but there is still some rough patches here and there
A.I. 3.5/5It gives you a decent challenge but doesn’t make you frustrated at the same time
Presentation 3/5The FX can be nice but it sort of clashes with the standard mugen FX
Creativity 4.5/5I do like the ideas for supers in this character
Playability 4/5The character overall operated like I think a fighting game character should, but there are still things I think should chain up (E.G. light punch to Heavy punch)

Download: http://www.4shared.com/rar/7VZKWTvmba/Roger.html
Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:07:56 pm by ★~~♥❤~Λ♍Ї-sӆn~❤♥~~★
#9  March 20, 2015, 07:06:36 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Daniel by Daniel9999999

~“lol” Daniel’s winquote up against alexlexus characters

Back in 2012 I gave this this quite a harsh review, so guess I will review this character again. My first complaint about the character is that he is quite slow and I mean sloooooow. An example would be any of his basic moves other than his light kick and light punch, their practically unsafe if you use them on their own (-17 on block and also consider that this Daniel is juts using the mugen corner push makes the heavy punch really unsafe). The only point that I see in most of his moves is just to combo the shit out of your opponent for damage that the other character could achieve a whole lot less effort, though he does have several tools at his disposal to setup a combo.

I'm not usually the one complaining about safety of a character but this is just bad

The commands in this character go from “stupidly easy” to “why is that a command” pretty fast, like the overuse of the F,DF,D,DB,B,F,a command. I don’t mind if a command is hard to pull off but when I have to mash the command hoping that it works I expect that attack to be something worth it like a super or something. (F,DF,D,DB,B,F,a or D,B,D,F,y isn’t what I call command grab material) Speaking about supers this character has a bunch of them which I don’t mind but some other people do.

puke

The sprites in this are a whole lot better from the original but they are somewhat inconsistent like when you go to crouch your bangs magically disappear, same thing applies with your heavy punch, light medium and strong kick, blocking, etc. The CLSNs are also something to talk about, it’s not they has infinite priority or not it’s just that they feel like old FFC auto-CLSN stuff. I don’t really like the sounds from this character and the fact that this character tries to be serious then he does stuff that a joke character would do it’s just doesn’t blend very well.

They look like two different creatures entirely

When people say this is the character that made Daniel not look like some kid that wanted who wanted his self-insert in mugen yaaaaa… no, Clone Koakuma was the character that did that. If you’re going to remake this character Daniel I would recommend making it in the style that you did clone koa in because why do a different style that you aren’t very good at then something you can do very well. Also you might want to make up some new quotes for your character because their kind of on the level of Josh Geary's winquotes.

Coding 3.5/5It’s decent but it’s coming off of the original Daniel and the comments in the sctrls don't help.
A.I. 4/5It puts more than a decent challenge but not to the point where it’s stupid
Presentation 4/5All in all even if it has some odd sprites they don’t clash up with each other
Creativity 3.5/5 It does use other people’s moves but most of the moves it has are decently original
Playability 4/5 I’m not exactly a button mashing type of guy but I don’t mind a simple gameplay system either

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hayxiiuhjtjkr6/Daniel_2xV2.1.rar
#10  March 20, 2015, 07:42:05 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I would do a review of gurospooo but MooMaster666 has already done one on it… (and also why did he get rid of the MvC patches showcase video that shit was the balls man)

so instead I’m going to review

D4 miku by souken (under the alias of stinger)

~“It’s like being in Willie Nelson’s bus” – David Lettermen

Much like gurospoo it’s a shock character for fans of Hatsune Miku that is. This version of the virtual diva however is like if someone drew her as if their OC on deviant art… in mspaint. The sprites go from shit drawn in like 5 seconds to somewhat decent sprites which I do think is kinda funny in a stupid way. (like how one of her hands is shitty but the other hand tries to resemble a hand… a very large one that is) Her voice is mostly just consisting of her saying miku and some other Japanese stuff that I have no clue on what it means.

Amazing

Her mechanics operate much like KFM with a few sounds replaced (The move sound) so if you have played KFM before (I don’t know why you wouldn’t have played with KFM before) you know what to expect. The real fun comes when you check out her specials and supers for example she has a special were she eats leeks and heals some health at a slow rate and it makes her pretty unsafe so it’s fair but if you keep on pressing X or Y eventually she will puke out all the leeks as a projectile. For all the characters I have seen rip off other moves from other characters, the move that D4 miku steals is… Haohmaru’s super where he slashes you with the chi coming from the sword. Unfortunately this version of the super sucks ass, the chip is lousy since it’s an lvl 3 super and you can’t set it up you just have to get lucky with it. (You can’t even use it off the DP + Y since it uses juggle points) Now I have never seen a character where you have to charge you meter from nothing to lvl 3 to activate a super and that same super that’s horridly unsafe, and does more damage than life points (But it’s not a true Lifemax = 0 insta-kill super which I hate the most about it)

OH FUCK YOU I HIT THAT SHIT YOU MSPAINT, YAMAHA TURQOUISE COLOURED, BITCH

The more interesting part of this character is what happens when we access her 12th palette and no it’s not just some GG gold or shadow palette deal no no no were investigating the origin of the human mind motherfuckers.

I'm really seeing what you did there amidweiz, now fucking stop it

When I mean that I mean she tries to act like god orochi but still being unsafe as usual. (Even though she gains power automatically, most of her moves drain power… even her run drains power) Remember that special move that you could heal yourself… well now that special move has something more sinister to it. If you happen to do the special 6 times and wait a second or two you enter… the twilight zone no welcome to levan polka hell, pray to god you have more health then her and have the timer on because she is completely invulnerable (Probably not to null characters but she probably would have died at the start of the round so I highly doubt that you would even get to the phase) but she has cruddy AI and the AI can’t do most of her 12th palette moves.

Welcome to hell?

Coding 4/5its standard KFM coding.
A.I. 2.5/5It does have custom AI but it’s sort of poopy
Presentation 2/5OH COME ON it’s intentionally bad looking character which gains the magic to become looking somewhat decent
Creativity 2.5/5Much like gurospooo it’s really only worth it for the fucked up stuff in it
Playability 3/5Some chains that should be present in the character aren’t, it’s limited by juggle points, etc.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0703apdet5mql6l/D4miku.rar
#11  March 20, 2015, 10:33:14 pm
Glad that you liked my character, I'll get right on it.

But I will tell you one thing about the Fantasy War super. Yes you were suppose to hit the button prompts, however they didn't function the way I intended. But that fortunately made using it easier, as you just have to hold down Left, Right A and B during the move and it will go without fail. No reflexes required. Though I thought I did write that down in the readme, if I didn't my bad.
Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:37:21 pm by D, The Red Cloak
#12  March 20, 2015, 11:40:39 pm
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
do the thing
#13  March 21, 2015, 04:21:52 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69

Pretty nice reviews dude, I keep these pointers in mind upon making him again! :) Thanks for your time
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#14  March 21, 2015, 07:21:04 am
    • muscleman@dispostable.com
My past is not today!
https://media.giphy.com/media/119SFXjoMsax6o/giphy.gif
Your signature is too big, please read the forum rules
#15  March 29, 2015, 07:03:35 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Lilith by ヤモリX or Yamori X

~ "I don't like to be alone. Will you play with me forever?" – Lilith’s second winquote

Well I have taken a look at this character and the only real things that I can find that I don’t like about it are little nitpicks here and there but I’ll list them anyways.

I am assuming that this version of Lilith is supposed to be custom by the way of the KoF Stab sound on the normal grab, and the MvC forward and back dash sparks. (Unless darkstalkers had these FX) In the sense of a custom character it’s alright but if the author wanted an accurate Lilith then you might just need to look at source game a little bit more but I will give the author the benefit of the doubt that the author wanted the character to be custom.

The combos that I can pull off with this character are pretty decent and it does use the default value for juggle points pretty leniently. (I’m not sure if it was like this in darkstalkers) The one combo that seemed odd to me is when the opponent air recovers in the launcher early but it still connects as a combo. Another attack that made me go what is Lilith’s HCF command grab not because it doesn’t work it’s just should that attack have a little bit more oomph to it.

Pretty much the rest of the things that I don’t like are the errors in the characters code but all in all this character is pretty good in the condition that is in but it feels somewhat incomplete. The thing is if you’re asking me about accuracy of a character, unless it’s a KoF character then don’t you’re not going to get too far with me.

Coding 4/5its standard KFM coding trying to be sort of like a Capcom character
A.I. 3/5It does have custom AI it’s sort of poopy but better than D4 miku anyday
Presentation 3.5/5It’s basic but it works
Creativity 3/5It’s mostly a watered down of Lilith from darkstalkers/vampire saviour (BTW Capcom stop making alternate names for your stuff)
Playability 4/5It feels like how a Capcom character should operate in its basic form

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vkkfwyt0i86mm4t/Lilith.zip
#16  March 29, 2015, 07:28:35 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Sunset shimmer by The MegaBrony AKA: RussGamesMaster

"You're never gonna bring me down." The only winquote that this character has

Oooh RussGamesMaster that name has a lot of controversial shit behind it but seriously russ what are you expecting with this a non-hateful review no I know what you did in the past and you think I’m just going to ignore that shit. Well you wanted it and here it is for the world to see.

To start off I don’t like MLP in general, its a little girl’s toy so there is quite good reason on why I shouldn’t like it just because of its target audience but that doesn’t stop the internet from wanting to shape pony vaginas into the grand fucking canyon with their cocks, and just to dump their bodies in a back alley somewhere link some sort of used sex toy. With that RAGE out of the way I can discuss the first problem of this character is the CLSNS their terrible in a sense of reliability just take a look at this.

How the unholy fuck is this going to hit anybody, first of all you have to be point blank range to even connect the move, not that the other basic moves have much range father than this either and to be honest most of the other basics in this character have a lack of range either except the crouching C. The CLSNs like to expand and contract frequently, (a sign of lazy CLSN work… seriously you can just copy and paste CLSNs with the text viewer easy), Projectiles and ALL the special and super moves have infinite priority, I do got to give the slightest bit of credit in that the 90% of the basic moves have no priority rather than another character I know which has infinite priority in her basics.

To be honest sense this character has no much in the move pool I can’t bash this thing further other than I don’t get which is the relation of these pony characters to megaman it seems shoehorned in (Like another character I know, don’t worry know when you’ll see it)

Sometimes character just need to get the fatality treatment

Coding 2.5/5Lazy and seriously winane method of AI activation in a mugen 1.0 character come on inleast give me XOR, ishometeam, 1.0 ai triggers or something
A.I. 2/5Bread and butter shit you see every day… get that shit out of here I want my I want my full dressed Frankfurter, dweebenheimer.
Presentation 2/5Don’t make me think sprites from a bonzi buddy clone is even considerable as a fighting game character
Creativity 1/5I don’t really care if the author put grueling thought into this character it’s quite bland
Playability 2.5/5I guess it works *yawn*

Download... if you want: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7bon0dczgf9ncav/Sunset+Shimmer.zip
Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:32:40 pm by ★~~♥❤~Λ♍Ї-sӆn~❤♥~~★
#17  March 30, 2015, 01:12:50 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Master Hotaru by Ainotenshi

“FUCKING AT WHORE” – one of Ainotenshi’s more glorious lines in equivalent to Linkmyu’s kyo’s winquotes (If somebody can send me that kyo I will be glad to do a review on it for the lulz)

Segwaying from bad memories to hilarious ones we got Ainotenshi who made a slew of badly made characters usually KoF or SS characters. (and always female for that matter) I’m not sure of the condition of the characters that are still available to download now but by the way of how the characters that I have taken a look at, I highly doubt it’s much of an improvement from when arpa did that tag team video on Ainotenshi.

The face for fear

Now when I first put this character in my mugen folder and tested the character I was greeted with hotaru doing a fullsecreen attack that slowly hurt the opponent until KO (which was unavoidable BTW) I am assuming this is here because of the bad feedback that author got from this character or that the AI was poopy if it was the ladder then there is a sad thing about this character.

If you look in her cns file and go to the statedef -3 if you look just above it you can see a poorly commented trigger where the statedef -2 is supposed to be. If you fix that piece of code the characters AI turns from being non-existent to oh my Jesus god what have I done fast. Now if we put the normal cns back on the character and play with it you can see the problems quite fast and even if you have never played Hotaru before you know somethings wrong quick. First off both her versions of her anti-air are infinites, (The light punch version being the worst offender of the two) She has a bit more health than any other regular character, she has moves from rugal, etc. Not to mention that she is a 6 button KoF like character even though she has still got her C+D, rolls (Not coded correctly of course), MvC like are launcher (not utilisable of course), and a unblockable god press.

This isn't how that attack works

Another thing to mention is the terrible selection of palette choices and I’m usually not the one to critique palette choices. The worst offender of the bunch has to be the third palette the grey hair with the blue pants that shares its colours with the eyes just makes it the cherry to the shit cake.

Lovely

The supers go from being ordinary to bullshit (also to add that these commands are highly simplified compared to normal KoF super commands) like her super which is just a rip-off of kulas HSDM with gato instead Diana, the most hilarious of the bunch has to be her QCB X 2, Y where she decides to cosplay other SNK gals in a form of some sort of ranbu. (Not to mention that it randomizes its end move which in one of those moves the opponent can recover before the play is out of the attack)

Coding 2.5/5Average shit you would see for a character from 2007 - 2010
A.I. 2.5/5Once the trigger for it is fixed it tries to be random but still has a bunch of B&B’s in her (It spams the unblockable god press for all it’s worth)
Presentation 3/5It’s her sprite set from NGBC with fitting FX for her nothing special
Creativity 2.5/5It’s better than Sunset shimmer anyday
Playability 3/5It’s tacked together pretty awfully but in least it’s interesting

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ych01e3c7iddve6/M_hotaru_(Master_Hotaru).zip
#18  April 02, 2015, 02:18:26 am
Can you do a review for my version of either The Shadow, Marco or both? Both can be found in the link in my Sig.
#19  April 25, 2015, 06:44:12 pm
Sorry for the Double post, but it's been almost a month since your last review.
#20  May 24, 2015, 12:44:00 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Robert Garcia by DGO & DivineWolf

"I hope you're not the strongest! Feed me, Seymour!" – KoF2k2 win quote

Well guess it’s time to review one of these POTS clone type characters who happened to win COTM of march 2015 because COTM is a joke and is biased towards liking shitty characters and shunning the characters that actually have some thought and time put into them. (Just a reminder COTM leads to COTY which can lead to a shitty character representing that year and, of all the characters to win COTY 2014, Tiffany lords by Fervicante and Li_kun and Yurika in least it was proper CvS2 and not this fanboy garbage)

It never fucking moves

Now the first thing right off the bat is that his head never fucking moves for most of his moves, even his taunt his head is practically in the same position as his stance. I loaded up Scal’s KoF98 Robert as somewhat of a comparison and his head moves more often than this Robert, It’s fucking scary; it’s like he’s a chicken or something. While talking about the sprites the problem with these I’m-trying-to-look-like-capcom like sprites there usually just their respective KoF sprite with a palette slapped on them with less shading sometimes with little amount of editing to the sprite.

The gameplay on this Robert is jarring to comprehend mostly in the combos. Now I do know that DW characters are infamously known for lack of comboing like seriously why is it easier to do a Ryuko Ranbu in a Ryuugeki Ken off any basic than it is to just do the Ryuko Ranbu off any basic. (The only real thing I like about the Ryuko Ranbu (any version) is that is can catch the opponent out of the air in a combo) Speaking about the supers they do jack shit damage IMO an LvL 1 super should in least do 250 damage point at minimal. Most of the time a simple combo of EX can equal an LvL 1 super as in terms of damage. (Even though this character has a power charge, that shouldn’t be the reason why damage should be severely lacking)

This is an EX

This is a LVL1 super

The thing that has got to be the most hilarious is his grab (more specifically his punch grab), the noise it makes when it misses is awfully funny and the fact the Robert has to turn around the opponent then… grab them by the gut? This seems quite odd because with Scal’s Robert he just grabs them by the head the slams them and turns around in the animation. Speaking about weird grabs, his HCF+ any kick looks absolutely fucked due to its startup time.

Or you could have just lift them by their head.

Coding 3.5/5 – Average POTS clone coding good but boring
A.I. 3/5 – Not really existent but I can see reasoning behind that
Presentation 2.5/5 – Average and those earthquakes on hit yo
Creativity 1.5/5 – BORING
Playability 2.5/5 – Wonky as shit

Download: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item455
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:14:36 am by Amidweiz
#21  May 24, 2015, 12:46:50 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
The salt is real.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#22  May 24, 2015, 12:50:02 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Grox Yasakani by Grox (Edited off either K’ or Nao by Nao&M)

Because the cross of saint peter makes you a edgy assho... K' recolour

"You judge me?" ~ It's taunt

Now I’m usually lenient towards KoF edits because even though some of them suck they tend to be the most creative but today oh no we got something really “Special”. The voice, the moves, the everything it’s goddamn hilarious for the wrong reasons.

The only photo because I was lazy

First of off it’s a six button character, not the shortcut of c and z type six button character but the Don Drago type KoF six button character… but with Don Drago’s characters there actually good unlike this thing. It’s bad when I can find an infinite (F + Mp with a bit of timing and for some reason it’s easier to do it when the opponent is crouching) in the first five minutes of testing the character out.

PROTIP: When having a character that has a move that requires more than four buttons to be pressed simultaneously, some computers (Like my laptop) don’t input it and also these are the easiest commands in the history of the world, not even MvC is this easy with the commands. Most of these commands are supers in which there is an UNAVOIDABLE LEVEL 2 SUPER and to consider how fast this character gets power. (Through most attacks even when it misses… Hell the teleport gives you power… FUCK supers give you back power) Another thing I discovered is that his x+z super makes him invincible for a sort amount of him if the super hits (which the super is unavoidable BTW)

For being a KoF edit this is probably the worst I have ever come across (And this is the guy that has KoF acradboy on his roster)

Coding 2/5 – lol
A.I. 2/5 – BnB shit you usually see with these KoF edits
Presentation 1.5/5 – Awful even for a KoF edit
Creativity 2.5/5 – LOL U JUDG M3
Playability 2.7/5 – It’s a little bit more usable than Robert which is sad… I think

download: https://mega.nz/#!xZoVlCAC!C3MkVdVGInWeCokRq3-TqxHVX-FEsPFUhqyhHtAiFHU

The salt is real.

Oh lol
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:15:57 am by Amidweiz
#23  May 24, 2015, 12:59:22 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Grant by Infinite

"Whether it is the past, present, or future, you will not be able to defeat me!" ~ Just wait until you see Calbaki... If his sprites ever get made

Well another boring creation won COTM, no big surprise… (As I mentioned on the Robert review) To be honest I don’t really need to review this thing it’s that boring. To be honest this is LAZYER then Robert, in least with Robert it tried to make new sprites even though their terrible… this is just MOTW Grant that is fatter and has less colours to his palette. It’s only marginally different from Robert only for the easier combos you can do with Grant and how much supers you have. The only real glitch I found with him is if you do a super at the last hit of the D,DB,B, a+b b+c a+c EX at a wall you get a sound glitch with the wall bounce

This is the only interesting thing about it... and it's shit

Coding 3.5/5 – Average POTS clone coding good but boring
A.I. 2/5 – BnB shit
Presentation 2.5/5 – Average
Creativity 1.5/5 – BORING
Playability 3/5 – Better than Robert but not by much

download: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=b2dc6a83e2e5bc77%21188
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:30:45 am by Amidweiz
#24  May 24, 2015, 01:08:10 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Damn you really dont like pots style character
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#25  May 24, 2015, 02:53:53 am
Speaking about the supers they do jack shit damage IMO an LvL 1 super should in least do 250 damage point at minimal. Most of the time a simple combo of EX can equal an LvL 1 super as in terms of damage. (Even though this character has a power charge, that shouldn’t be the reason why damage should be severely lacking)

In CvS2 level 1 supers did shitty damage, so it's actually not that strange. However it does touch upon the presentation aspect in that yes, supers taking that little damage looks awful, save for a few exceptions. One of my gripes with CvS2 or anything based off of it.
Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:59:05 am by Niitris
#26  May 24, 2015, 07:56:48 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Hey, mind reviewing one of Duracelleur's characters? (I'm thinking of his Olof edit, and it's really weird)
#27  May 25, 2015, 12:29:02 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Damn you really dont like pots style character

I wouldn't hate them so much if they weren't the style of character that gets made 24/7,
and they win COTM even though there are better characters with more though put into them.
To be honest COTM's in the past have had their share of bad characters aswell
but this is 2015 and we should know what makes a good, and interesting character.

In CvS2 level 1 supers did shitty damage, so it's actually not that strange. However it does touch upon the presentation aspect in that yes, supers taking that little damage looks awful, save for a few exceptions. One of my gripes with CvS2 or anything based off of it.

The only reason why a Lvl1 super should do piss poor damage is there's a fast power charge in place, or the super is flexible with it's execution in combos... but ya I think lvl1 supers should in least do 25% damage on their own.

Hey, mind reviewing one of Duracelleur's characters? (I'm thinking of his Olof edit, and it's really weird)

Sure, I do know Duracelleur's characters can be quite funky to the point were he just pulled some of his characters of his mediafire, and onedrive. And also did he ever edit mina before or did he just put her in this pic for shit's and giggles (and also I thought I saw a video of her before)

Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:41:31 am by Monochrome satan
#28  May 25, 2015, 12:54:39 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
The salt is real.

Do I really want to know why did you say that?

I'll keep having an eye on this thread. Glad to know you don't let yourself to be impressed by the same overrun formula.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#29  May 25, 2015, 01:03:35 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#30  May 26, 2015, 01:42:49 am
Can you do a review of Bunny Tracy, Daphne and Rober Pasta.
All three are a joint effort of me, DuckSS and Trinitronity.
They can be found in my sig with the link to the SF4NES remake topic.
#31  September 13, 2015, 03:09:47 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Sorry for being three months late, I guess better being late than never.

Olof by Duracelleur (originally by meka)

~”When MvC ruled the world” – A statement only people at the shoruken forums say

Duracelleur is sort of a mixed bag, his screenpacks are awesome but his edits are mediocre at best and olof is no exception. Much like all his “to six” characters the only real signs of editing are the combos are easier to do, 1-2-3 combos (Which in some characters barely work, E.G. charlotte’s kick 1-2-3 combo), an “MvC launcher”, and the feeling that Real bout fatal fury special and KoF ate MvC and regurgitated it out.

I believe this is in the original character but, lol auto-CLSN (Ironically one of the better examples of it) 

The shit starts to go downhill when you look at his air basics, THEY FUCKING LOOP and I highly doubt that was a problem in the non-edited version of this character. Another gripe I have with this character specifically is that none of his supers have super pause making them useless as in terms of safety. (Which he did improve upon this in his newer characters) Other than that the problem the 1-2-3 punching combo only seems to work in the corner which this problem comes down to the CLSN’s which I assuming that they were like that in the original character.

Here's that air attack looping problem I was talking about (and no I didn't hit the air attack button again)

The general things that I don’t like about the to six series of edits is that they leave a lot of leftover mechanics which screams laziness (You can in least cut the code from the command file which is simple as fuck to do) and in some cases it can break that character, for example charlotte’s standing dodge… if you button mash the dodge while mashing buttons you can get her stuck in the dodging animation. Another gripe with the series is that some characters just reuse attacks (namely basic moves) for different versions of the move. (A medium kick that uses the light kick animation) The combos (depending upon character) can just get fucked so easily like the air combos and the launcher, that thing is so sloppy. With an MvC air launcher I shouldn’t have to worry about if my character is going to go above the other character or if my opponent is going to be above me making my moves whiff. Speaking about MvC aren’t there supposed to be OTGs as a mechanic for some characters, the only character I have seen in this series of edits to has an OTG to charlotte. (Christ I have been talking so much about charlotte I might as well marry her at this point) The choices of characters he MvCatizes can be odd like Mina for example. When I think MvC I don’t think of a keep-away character (unless you consider cable to be one… ugh) and IMO the quintessential keep-away character in fighting games in general (I don’t think MvC had a keep-away character ever but correct me if I am wrong).

In short olof and the whole to six series can be surpassed by MvC shen woo and MvC Mukai by tin, now that is just sad… and I would recommend those two over these edits any day even though their slow as fuck.

Coding 2/5 – It's an edit and not a great one either
A.I. 3/5 – It's default mugen AI, other than the blocking it's better than abusive AI
Presentation 2.7/5 – It has some interesting ideas but poor execution
Creativity 2/5 – I guess trying to make people into a MvCish style is somewhat creative but It's been done to death
Playability 2.5/5 – Wonkey in areas

download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/owndqgl2ao5vjgm/ToSix-Olof.zip
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:27:04 pm by Amidweiz
#32  September 13, 2015, 05:26:12 am
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
#33  September 13, 2015, 10:34:41 am
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Thanks for the review Amid! His Olof edit and the rest of his "To-Six" edits are pretty lame compared to his screenpacks, because TBH he is a lot more creative when it comes to designing screenpacks.
#34  September 13, 2015, 11:40:56 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I promise I will post that review that D, The Red Cloak wanted me to do but in the mean time I decided to do this

“CvS” Little mac by chuchoryu

~”Alright mi amigo!!” What chuchoryu says when he receives feedback and promises that he will update it but never does or updates it in 6 months after release or so

Well I guess I will have to review a character from the master of releasing alpha characters as full-fledged characters and Little mac is no exception. Now I am familiar with the quality of his characters or lack of and his blind followers who download this tripe, so I might quote on quote “russel some jimmes” here in this review.

The one thing I don’t like right away is the sprites, the look life less… and considering this is supposed to be CvS this is just pathetic. (And it more looks like bootleg rage of the dragons or Powerinstinct: Matrimelee to me) I know characters can have simple animations but this is taking that too far, I’m not exactly a complainer of how a sprite looks but by god this is bad. The arms only move a few pixels; His face never shows life, etc. Now you might be saying “but official FG’s have limited animations” these are usually caused by the technology limitations of the time (if you consider older FG’s) or it’s stylised to be that way, but this character is supposed to be CvS which has very good animations which this character does not. To show a comparison here’s CvS2’s Rugal’s bernstien’s standing anim.

Look how much life the standing anim has, sure it’s short but look at how much things move in it

Here’s another example of a custom take on CvS2, it’s shorter but still has lots of life in it

And then here’s our poopy character barely moving his arms and legs like he has arthritis or something

The lack of sprites of this character doesn’t help at all when trying to make his anims look good at all (just a measly 218 sprites compared to the 2309 sprites that rugal has or the 2264 sprites that Yoko has)

One thing I would like to point out is how horridly misaligned his walking sprites are

But his running anim is fine in terms of alignment with the ground WTF

The coding of this character is just marginally different from KFM and has no right to even be called CvS at all (or even a complete character at all). He literally has the KFM smash uppercut and KFM plam, code for code. (Like that bad version of fox by Gigan X3) His QCB punch attack is an infinite and most of his basics can chain about 6 times if you hold forward. (not to mention that all of his basics except the light standing jab has infinite priority) Like hol “buttking” Funtimes he has only three air and crouching attacks to do no matter if you using X,Y, or Z or A,B, or C. (and if your hold forward while crouching his medium Y punch won’t come out… but the B version will for some reason) I know he’s a boxer but you can in least make his A,B, or C air and ground moves go lower with the punches. (and also the low punches are blockable standing… WTF)

All in all this pathetic excuse of a character is yet another product of chuchoryu agenda of releasing unfinished characters for E-penis in the mugen community (and your intros to your YT videos are fucking annoying not to say that the videos themselves are annoying)

Coding 1.5/5 – poor edit of KFM and it shows
A.I. 2.5/5 – just shit but not BnB shit (It tries to variate but that’s saying that this character has variation)
Presentation 1/5 – God awful
Creativity 1.7/5 – Just a little above Robert but not by much
Playability 2.7/5 – Ironically better than Robert

Download:www.4shared.com/rar/ukVOs6Wnba/CvS_LittleMac.html?
Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 12:00:06 am by Amidweiz
#35  September 13, 2015, 11:59:33 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Well I guess I will have to review a character from the master of releasing alpha characters as full-fledged characters and Little mac is no exception. Now I am familiar with the quality of his characters or lack of and his blind followers who download this tripe, so I might quote on quote “russel some jimmes” here in this review.
where does chuchoryu ever say they are full releases? he clearly notes they are alphas/betas/whatever, it just he never finishes them. also your overall smarmy, "im better than these plebs" tone you take with your review(s) turns me off instantly.

The lack of sprites of this character doesn’t help at all when trying to make his anims look good at all (just a measly 218 sprites compared to the 2309 sprites that rugal has or the 2264 sprites that Yoko has)
Important to note this is basically a headswap of his steve fox and he's barely worked on the sprites, I too was majorly dissapointed by the fact he rushed out a Lil Mac with such terrible looking animations, but are you seriously expecting an amateur freelancer to vomit out 2309 unique frames without getting paid?

All in all this pathetic excuse of a character is yet another product of chuchoryu agenda of releasing unfinished characters for E-penis in the mugen community (and your intros to your YT videos are fucking annoying not to say that the videos themselves are annoying)
Your fake rage and edginess towards this character smacks of people like Angry Video Game Nerd. This is by no means a good character, in fact like most of his work it's unfinished and horrid. But as a reviewer you should try to hide your obvious bias towards Chuchoryu (and for some reason, his fans) unless you expect people to be reading this for catharsis rather than analysis. I've never seen a public or private admission by Chuchoryu that he's doing this for e-penis, in fact he seems to be largely doing this for his own enjoyment and while that doesn't make his characters any good it sure makes you look like a total prick making half-baked assumptions. His YT videos don't have anything to do with the character, I don't know why you thought a review would be a good place for a childish callout with no substantive examples behind it.

Pretty disappointed. This review is more disappointing and juvenile than Chuchoryu's character. "Poopy?" Really??
#36  September 14, 2015, 12:08:00 am
preach it brother.
and hey, i want your opinion on SailorMaRs1030's XI Freeman. he's hosted in kamekaze's site, if you don't have him already.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#37  September 14, 2015, 12:22:43 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
(just a measly 218 sprites compared to the 2309 sprites that rugal has or the 2264 sprites that Yoko has)
Over a thousand of those are fx and groove gauge stuff.

I don't think anyone here is gonna argue that Chuchoryu's works aren't extremely mediocre, but if you're gonna call him out you should at least use accurate comparisons.
#38  September 14, 2015, 12:23:35 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
preach it brother.
and hey, i want your opinion on SailorMaRs1030's XI Freeman. he's hosted in kamekaze's site, if you don't have him already.
Wait so your post where you were asking to Chucho for a dan and saying amigo turns out to be a fake and you actually hate chucho and were trying to humiliate him?

I see. I will remember this.
#39  September 14, 2015, 12:33:43 am
i was joking yeah, and english isn't my first language too.
i already said this. didn't you read it? and i wasn't trying to humiliate him for anything, much less having a bad english (my english is pretty shitty). it was just a joke (and by the tone of your comment it doesn't seem like it was a good one)
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 12:49:45 am by Gennos
#40  September 14, 2015, 12:35:45 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well his Ingleze esta mucho good tho :P

Although I don't like anything called a chuchoryu character, and I do agree with most of your points (well except the sprite part because what Fubs said), maybe you should try to be more objective next time.
This is a generic forum signature.
#41  September 14, 2015, 01:23:13 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
where does chuchoryu ever say they are full releases? he clearly notes they are alphas/betas/whatever, it just he never finishes them. also your overall smarmy, "im better than these plebs" tone you take with your review(s) turns me off instantly.

Well when I see the releases thread I should expect in least a character that the author considers complete, and if there's problems with said character the author updates the character to get rid of said problems, Not stuff like this (that what the projects subforum is for so you can release something like this and get feedback towards the character, apply said feedback, and then release it as a more complete product) and the only thing he ever noted that this is 0.12 version... which doesn't mean too much if you don't know what he's ranking the versions by. (or unless you imply that 1.00 should be considered a complete character) Yes I am a little mean but what else should I be towards this character, I could have been more neutral about this character but the negatives would have outweighed the positives of this character to the point where it might as well be a total negative review.

Important to note this is basically a headswap of his steve fox and he's barely worked on the sprites, I too was majorly dissapointed by the fact he rushed out a Lil Mac with such terrible looking animations, but are you seriously expecting an amateur freelancer to vomit out 2309 unique frames without getting paid?

Well it's just that he calls this CvS and expects me to believe that 218 sprites should suffice for it (I wasn't expecting 2309 fames in the character but in least he could have put a little more effort into the sprites) and I didn't even know that this was a headswap of his steve fox, I knew he lazy but not that lazy

Your fake rage and edginess towards this character smacks of people like Angry Video Game Nerd. This is by no means a good character, in fact like most of his work it's unfinished and horrid. But as a reviewer you should try to hide your obvious bias towards Chuchoryu (and for some reason, his fans) unless you expect people to be reading this for catharsis rather than analysis. I've never seen a public or private admission by Chuchoryu that he's doing this for e-penis, in fact he seems to be largely doing this for his own enjoyment and while that doesn't make his characters any good it sure makes you look like a total prick making half-baked assumptions. His YT videos don't have anything to do with the character, I don't know why you thought a review would be a good place for a childish callout with no substantive examples behind it.

Pretty disappointed. This review is more disappointing and juvenile than Chuchoryu's character. "Poopy?" Really??

Yes I was a little edgy and baised, (I'm surprised you never noted me when I reviewed the POTS-ish type characters) but I was angry when writing this review so It sort of go's hand in hand. I was intending this to be an analysis but it came out a as a catharsis, I'm sorry about that. The reason why I was angry at his fans is because it's the typical "good char +1" deal which I have seen way to much of and the only actual review/feedback of this character is this review. (or the "OH GOD WHY" statements without a reason why they said that) The reason on why I said it was E-penis rather than his own enjoyment is because of how much times he done bad craftsmanship and how often he releases a character (about 11 releases in the past four months) I don't exactly know a mugen creator the releases in the short amount of time and is doing it for his own enjoyment. I should have been more specific when saying that his videos suck, what I meant was the video on the thread was poor at showing off the character (30 seconds of actually showing the character off being that not very much and the rest being filler and credits, what kind of preview video is that?)

Yes I was edgy and biased and I'm sorry about that but this review could have been a whole lot worse like someones reviews in past.
#42  September 14, 2015, 01:55:28 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
legatob's reviews are ancient history and should serve as a reminder exactly how not to do reviews, and how far weve come as a community.
#43  September 17, 2015, 02:32:37 am
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#44  September 17, 2015, 03:16:21 am
  • I'm back again.
can you review those arcana heart 3 charecters by 匿名スマブラ? specifiacally, his kamui if you can.
lost and forget
#45  September 20, 2015, 12:37:06 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Since my review of a sprite swap didn't come off well for some people I will go ahead and post the review that I did for D the Red Cloak

Rober Pasta by D the Red Cloak

~"Was that all? You don't have the power to fight me.” Pasta’s first winquote

Much like the grant review this one is going to be short but not for the reasons of being boring but for the reasons that D the Red Cloak is pretty consistent with his characters which I don’t mind.

The only gripes I have with this character are the chains, (you can’t seem to chain the D,DF,F,k special into anything, much is the same with chaining the D,DB,B D,DB,B,k super), the D,DB,B D,DB,B,k super drops if you hit a move before it, the forward dash looks odd, and the speed of the light fire ball… it seems too fast. (even if it does not much damage, you can still lock down the opponent pretty hard)

Highlight of said problem

All in all this character has similar problems to roger but it is still very sold like roger

Coding 4/5 – It’s standard KFM like coding so you can’t go really wrong but there is still some rough patches here and there
A.I. 3.5/5 – It gives you a decent challenge but doesn’t make you frustrated at the same time
Presentation 3/5 – The FX can be nice but it sort of clashes with the standard mugen FX
Creativity 4.5/5 – I do like the how he made a bootleg character into something that is decently presentable
Playability 4/5 – The character overall operated like I think a fighting game character should, but there are still things I think should chain up.

#46  September 20, 2015, 02:24:52 am
Thanks for the review, but in actuality it was a collab and Trinitronity did as much of the code as I did. So can you give him credit also?
#47  September 20, 2015, 04:22:10 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Kinda old, but could you review Hagen?
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#48  June 03, 2017, 10:22:20 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Well I guess it was only time until I necro bumped this with another review, anyways today I've decided to choose well, a more less refined mugen character by the author of googoo64 mainly because I was just curious about them again and refining my reviews. I'll be taking a look at one of his more better characters Kinyo Roadshow

Kinyo Roadshow by Googoo64

"The reason why GooGoo64 is hated so much" ~ Nesphext as he proceeds to use characters That aren't too much better than a googoo64 character, other than KFM

I know that I'm sort of dabbling into more of some controversial characters which I believe the whole hatred towards these characters was started up by The_None with his "The war gainst the retard army of GooGoo64" series he did back in 2009 which I don't doubt he disowns by now. Do I doubt the reasoning why these characters from GooGoo64 where called retards... no but the one thing that sort of strikes me is why people bothered if they knew that GooGoo's characters where going to be bad. I know some reasons behind it, it was 2009 and it seemed it was the attitude of that time, they where following the bandwagon The_None created, and googoo64 just seemed like a prime target (though there was some other authors in their as well other than googoo)

Presentation/Premise:
As with the typical GooGoo64 character, it's based of either screenshots, limited sprites, or unlikely resources with just enough semblance that they could be ported/made into a fighting game engine. This character is based off an opening for a Japanese show of the same name which I couldn't find to much info about it unfortunately.

I think this is quite a nice touch though this might make people rage if they're fighting it and they see that name

It appears to be based off a to be based off a gif of the show (I'm only assuming this) with the rest of the attacks being edited in by googoo.

AI:
I can't really say anything much about the AI in the fact it's just mugen's standard AI taking control of the character. Even though the AI is just mugen standard it's mainly the construction of the character that makes it frustrating.

Creativity:
You may say all you like about how deplorable a GooGoo64 character is, but you can't really deny that they are creative they are. For instance Kinyo Roadshow tosses ducks at you, shoots a huge bullet out of his top hat, flys his projector at you with fire and shit, just a bunch of stuff. I wouldn't say that it's his most creative character however considering some of googoo's other characters and what they can do but I'd say Kinyo Roadshow is one of the more refined characters that googoo has made (IMO Gregorius:NMKY Is probably his most refined character out of the bunch)

Though not googoo's wackiest character it's still pretty crazy for what it is

Playability/usability/moveset:
Oh boy this is quite a character as in terms of playability even compared to his other characters. First of all you can't locomote your self period, you teleport towards the opponent if they go towards the corner which this happens if you either do any attack or mash back. All the moves are either just assigned to your basic buttons or QCF + any basic button, with some of the specials (though they are more like supers or ex's since they take away power) being repeats of each other. (QCF, x and z, and QCF, a and c bother being repeats of each other)

I thing I can't deny is how much infinites Kinyo Roadshow has for example y,b, and c are all infinites. The character does about as much chip as it does actual damage to the opponent, the QCF, a or c are pretty instantaneous, long reaching, and command grabs. let's just say if this thing where given some actual AI it would be deadly. 

Coding:
The one thing I'm pretty impressed about is how much helpers in are in this thing, pretty much every move utilizes them in some way or another. The more infamous thing about googoo64 characters is their lack of blue CLSN frames general in the character which this character does have times where it has no blue frames, most of the time it does which I guess that's an improvement upon most of googoo's characters. One thing that annoys me is that it's playing a sound of operating the camera all the time when he's idling, which makes sense but it's just annoying to me anyways.

Do I feel that GooGoo64's characters deserved the bashing treatment that they received over the years, no but I can understand why they did. If you can look past the obvious discrepancies with these characters they're pretty fun to use sort of like a less refined version of NRF's combat echizen, but they take a more interesting path compared to combat echizen. I'm not saying combat echizen is boring, far from it but googoo's characters that follow the similar cut and paste style of character take a more interesting approach at a fighting game character that's fore sure. It wouldn't take to much to make these characters better, less hit stun and more refined hit boxes that what I can see.

Presentation: 3.5/5
It's not flashy to say the least but it's what you cant expect from googoo64
AI: NA
I'm going to say Not Applicable because it's just standard mugen default AI
Creativity: 4/5
It's neat too see something so obscure turned into a fighter but it's just not as typically insane as some of googoo's characters get
Coding: 3/5
It's not prefect it does have some interesting pieces of code to it
Playability: 2.7/5
It's Hard to get used to not being able to move other than teleporting and some of the glaring problems do get in the way if you want to play this thing non-ironically

I know this review might not be as essayish as some of my previous reviews, but it is what it is.
#49  June 04, 2017, 01:09:46 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
Kinyo Roadshow by Googoo64

I forgot all about this thing. I honestly want to refine this character to make it balanced and fun to play -- there's something about its oddity that makes it appeal to me. 'course, I'm no MUGEN creator, so that won't be happening anytime soon. Though, I suppose I'd only be tweaking things that are already in place...
#50  June 04, 2017, 03:23:05 am
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
I think of this when i see this character

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#51  June 04, 2017, 04:27:47 pm
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA