YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2503576 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8621  March 17, 2018, 01:12:48 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Well, the originals were practically a different genre altogether.  Lara Croft was a superhero in all but title and intention to save people, because the stupid things she does makes Hawkeye look like a struggling child in comparison.  And then you got the extended universe of comics and whatnot, where oh, we'll just end the zombie apocalypse by skydiving into a snowboarding exhibition to the hidden Mayan temple with the Magic Key to stop it this weekend.  Tea same time next week?

She was cheeky, cheesy, and always with a pun and a wink to the camera.  Even when they did more somewhat more serious situations, like the first reboot with her supposed dead friend coming back from drowning during one of Lara's digs as a god and messing with Excalibur and Mjolnir.  Or that whole run with Witchblade.

There's nothing wrong with this latest reboot at all, once you get past the bizarre whiplash of seriousness when you start wrapped up in a cocoon and getting run through with a piece of rusty rebar, and as a simple progression of the series, I can live if these mechanics remain for whatever the future holds.  I just kinda miss old Lara being full of herself.
#8622  March 17, 2018, 01:49:35 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just can't get into these survival games at all. I enjoyed the puzzles. I am glad ppl enjoy them and don't want them to stop making them for ppl that do. But I wish they still made some for those of us that preferred the puzzle based ones. Probably a much smaller audience though =p

Just saves me money I suppose.
#8623  March 17, 2018, 02:02:03 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
A Teaser for a New Orochi Warriors game?

it's fair to note that Warriors Orochi 3 is called Musō Orochi 2 in Japan
#8624  March 17, 2018, 04:56:59 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjOcGq-8EWA[/youtube]

That's honestly weird since the 3rd game was supposed to be the finale of the Orochi series...
I guess they will go deeper into the "Hundun, Kyuubi" plotlines, maybe even redeem Orochi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#8625  March 17, 2018, 05:56:53 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8626  March 17, 2018, 09:12:03 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjOcGq-8EWA[/youtube]

That's honestly weird since the 3rd game was supposed to be the finale of the Orochi series...
I guess they will go deeper into the "Hundun, Kyuubi" plotlines, maybe even redeem Orochi.

If they did bring about a redeemed Orochi than they may end up with no one else to fight but themselves, I mean the warriors of China in Japan did end up fighting against a force that was also fighting the Hydra and that only happened cuz there was no one left to fight in the story which in needed.

judging by the teaser where we see Zhao Yun and Yukimora fight this may end up being a completely different or new story not related to the past game , I always thought they would indeed run out of enemy forces to fight which would lead them to revamp the story as a whole
#8627  March 17, 2018, 10:04:15 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#8628  March 18, 2018, 02:18:40 pm

English release August 28, 2018!

lui

#8629  March 19, 2018, 03:26:55 pm
    • USA

:)
#8630  March 19, 2018, 04:36:29 pm
More Greek stuff ? Weird.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8631  March 19, 2018, 05:41:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
saint seiya crossover confirmed.
#8632  March 19, 2018, 06:17:33 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#8633  March 19, 2018, 06:45:44 pm
Has to be, KT done some a while ago.
What ? There was a Musou-style games for Saint Seiya but it wasn't done by Tecmo Koei / Omega Force. I don't remember the title right now but I think it must have been by some studio like Dimps. The one on PS3, with the Sanctuary arc, before they switched to 1v1 with Brave Soldiers, right ?
edit - yeah, Sanctuary Battle by Dimps. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Seiya:_Sanctuary_Battle

I figured they'd include more stuff from the Troy Warriors game since they did put Achilles in WO3, but I don't imagine it'd suddenly become a big part of WO4. Of course Saint Seiya would be crazy but yeah right, as if.
Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:52:03 pm by Byakko
#8634  March 20, 2018, 12:02:17 am
I wonder if Amaterasu  would finally show up, rather than just being a weapon that a naive kid like Himiko uses
#8635  March 20, 2018, 03:00:00 am
    • Germany
DRAGON BALL LEGENDS GAMEPLAY (MOBILE)

#8636  March 20, 2018, 03:45:46 am
#8637  March 24, 2018, 05:34:42 pm
    • Germany
Bloodstained Panel at SXSW 2018

They show some changes, features and Iga answeres some questions.
#8638  April 03, 2018, 06:48:32 pm
    • Germany
Shadow of War is removing Lootboxes.

“The core promise of the Nemesis System is the ability to build relationships with your personal allies and enemies in a dynamic open world. While purchasing Orcs in the Market is more immediate and provides additional player options, we have come to realize that providing this choice risked undermining the heart of our game, the Nemesis System. It allows you to miss out on the awesome player stories you would have otherwise created, and it compromises those same stories even if you don’t buy anything. Simply being aware that they are available for purchase reduces the immersion in the world and takes away from the challenge of building your personal army and your fortresses.”

For the Full Article: Rock, Paper, Shotgun

#8639  April 04, 2018, 12:01:40 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
#8640  April 05, 2018, 05:37:09 pm
  • so i herd taht mudkip howard is PREDICTABLE!
    • Chile
    • sf2zero.blogspot.com/

Spyro: Reignated Trilogy is coming at September
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[Lifebar] SFZ4: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=119782.msg1180458
[Stages] SFII remakes and SF custom: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138549