YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2853209 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: DC on suicide squad watch
#3441  May 10, 2017, 03:22:36 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I agree with Jmorphman on this one, if you have seen the first one, volume 2 basically blows it out of the water (but I still have love for the first). The problems are fixed and you have a movie that truly feels like you're looking at a live action comic book that stays true to the action, comedy, and seriousness of the GotG series. This actually got me hyped to see what Thor: Ragnarok will be like, because as of right now, GotG Vol.2 is my favorite Marvel movie.
#3442  May 10, 2017, 03:29:51 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3443  May 10, 2017, 03:40:31 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I was actually very worried at the beginning because the jokes were just too much for me, but boy oh boy did they turn it around. The movie made me feel emotions. And not cheap emotions either, real emotions!

Two comicbook movies this year made me feel emotions like real movies! Keep it happening please!
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3444  May 10, 2017, 03:52:58 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm iffy about the

Overall the film is fun just like the comics.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3445  May 10, 2017, 07:25:54 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Just came back from watching Vol 2 and felt lukewarm about it, but this may be one of those cases like Jackie Brown where time and rewatches might change my outlook about the film.
#3446  May 10, 2017, 08:42:56 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Great movie really liked it a lot
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3447  May 13, 2017, 01:41:47 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Jumping into the echo chamber here to say that I also loved GotG 2.  I was honestly worried that with such a huge ensemble cast juggling so many characters that they weren't going to be able to do all of them justice, but pretty much every character got some really good screentime in there.  Like Morph-Man already said, Gamora was the only one who didn't really get a chance to do anything but bounce off other characters' developments.

The only major complaint I have is Baby Groot.  He was the worst thing about the movie by far, because it felt so forced and unnecessary.  I can't imagine any reason at all why they couldn't just have had him grow back into regular Groot between movies other than that Paul Marketing noticed that people liked that visual gag of a baby Groot in the GotG1 credits scene and forced Gunn to keep him like that for the entire sequel.

Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 02:21:35 pm by Person Man
#3448  May 13, 2017, 02:10:01 pm
It's part of the family theme, Groot is the baby and everyone is the parent / brother watching out for him - and them talking to him like their baby reinforces this theme for them all (get away from here, you'll get hurt ! Put your seatbelt on ! Here's how you do it, you press this and this !). It makes sense. Making him grown up again would have left him with no role in this theme, he'd be on the side of everything, worse than Gamora.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3449  May 13, 2017, 02:21:04 pm
    • USA
Eh.  I feel like there was enough going on with everyone else to drive the family theme home without needing to have a literal baby thrown in the mix.
#3450  May 15, 2017, 04:09:42 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I also agree that Baby Groot added nothing to the movie and a lot of his scenes just felt like retreads of the post credits scene from the first movie; about the only Groot scene  that I found interesting/funny was the one where he had to go retrieve Yondu's fin, but even that could've been trimmed a bit. I honestly don't think the movie would lose much if the vast majority of Groot's scenes were cut out. All that time could've been used to actually give Gamora a character! Reinforce the theme of family by having Gamora be uncomfortable seeing Star-Lord's happy relationship with his dad, because Thanos was so shitty to her, or something!

also I'm pretty sure Gunn is the one who insisted on having Groot still be a baby?
#3451  May 15, 2017, 04:25:44 am
i liked baby groot because it helped make the movie feel less like the first one
#3452  May 24, 2017, 01:09:48 pm
    • USA
New Spider-Man trailer:

#3453  May 25, 2017, 02:45:02 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#3454  May 25, 2017, 09:41:49 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Aww, the video got taken down already.
#3455  May 29, 2017, 03:27:36 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Man they really are giving away too much of this movie
#3456  May 29, 2017, 05:44:50 pm
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
Movie Companies in general show too much to promote their films. I don't even need to see the new Spider-Man trailer I'm already hype to see the film.
#3457  May 31, 2017, 01:23:15 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Late for this but I saw GotG2 a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it a lot as well, I think I liked It better than the first because the characters are more fleshed out and we learn more about why they are the way they are. I didnt expect to feel many emotions in this, but there is one gripe I had with the more emotional moments.

Also that Inhumans image... yikes, whatever happened to that movie that was supposedly gonna have Vin Diesel in it :T
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#3458  May 31, 2017, 02:00:28 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
You just watched it... Vin Diesel is Groot
#3459  June 01, 2017, 02:59:19 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I know Vin Diesel is Groot yes, but if I'm not mistaken there was a talk or something about Vin Diesel starring as Black Bolt in an Inhumans movie. I actually like the actor quite a bit so it's kind of a bummer seeing that this will not happen.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#3460  June 01, 2017, 03:51:23 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
I know Vin Diesel is Groot yes, but if I'm not mistaken there was a talk or something about Vin Diesel starring as Black Bolt in an Inhumans movie. I actually like the actor quite a bit so it's kind of a bummer seeing that this will not happen.

Yeah I remember hearing about that, but I think someone telling me Black Bolt doesn't talk? As for Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 they did it better than the first in every single way. They had a better villain especially, among the same positives you said in your post.