YesNoOk

NoZ's Legacy Custom Portrait Thread (Read 1681105 times)

Started by Saikoro, August 31, 2013, 07:27:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: NoZ's Legacy Custom Portrait Thread
#2901  May 06, 2017, 08:10:46 pm
Yeah It bugged me as well, its all Topaz's fault and that waterbrush SF4 art style.
But hep, NoZ's SP has bluring in it, when you use ports they are a bit blured so it kinda fixes it sorta/kinda
#2902  May 06, 2017, 08:30:25 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Yeah NoZ made a bad choice with the settings. :( Anyway it's still good to see that people are working on portraits and keep the job done.
#2903  May 06, 2017, 09:34:15 pm
I get ya, but, not every char has high quality art and that blurering helps a bit in that regard.

Speaking of, the 1st port set to test my patience, fuck this man she has NO ART of her, I had to high res everything, and I am not gonna use that Hentai bullcrap, fuck that, anywho, blair is updated.

Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:55:57 pm by PeXXeR
#2904  May 06, 2017, 10:28:16 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
you know I really wanted to do ports for Kaede and Moriya from the Last Blade I couldn't find much art for them...but then I remembered they were in NeoGeo Battle Colosseum lol also did Ukyo Tachibana because he is my favourite character from Samurai shodown

will make a full set for them in due time......
#2905  May 06, 2017, 10:34:13 pm
    • Canada
Damn PeXXEr I'm going to be swapping out ports for Rose and Blair pretty much as soon as I post this.

I added Tessa to my roster after seeing your ports too InfiniteKyo.

great stuff all around.

I've been working on some stuff for Ronald McDonald and Saitama. Still not done the small ports and team for Saitama yet. For the Ronald ports I wanted to use images that had the weird meme-ish serial killer vibe for him.

#2906  May 06, 2017, 10:55:46 pm
Thanks man, I'll be doing the same with them Donald ports, thanks for scratching him from my list. Great stuff from both of you guys. The thing with blair was she had some text on the port for the VS one and the way the vs effects are its like she has white in her lower back section but thats her arm lol I even fucked up and cleaned it in the BIG port.
Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:02:24 pm by PeXXeR
#2907  May 13, 2017, 01:27:56 pm
    • Canada
for my next release ports for victory's awesome sf2 anime movie Cyborg.

I debated whether or not I should release these as I'm not super happy how they turned out but fuck it here they are.

There is like zero good artwork available for this character, so almost everything here is made from shitty 240p Sega Saturn screenshots, that i tried my damnedest to make look half decent.

***EDIT****

Shitty rescaled ports removed due to an overabundance of suck. See my next post for the new hotness.

*****END EDIT*****
I've been thinking i may take a request or two, but no anime or cartoon characters. that shit is whack.
Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:09:12 am by Eric The Nihilist
#2908  May 13, 2017, 07:05:19 pm
Instead of streching and cleaning and doing all this stuff for Cyborg, what I would have done is use the VS port for both player 1 and 2, cause there so much you can do with limited art.
#2909  May 14, 2017, 01:18:07 am
    • Canada
I decide to redo the larger ports as suggested. I found like, the only piece of fanart to ever exist for the shotoborg as well, and messed around with it in gimp for a while to get it to match the other art better.

I am much, much, muuuuuch happier with how these turned out.

#2910  May 14, 2017, 03:55:51 am
good job bro, way better.

Edit, I hope you dont mind, I took this one from your VS port.

Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:45:01 am by PeXXeR
#2911  May 16, 2017, 07:38:10 am
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
I redid the big portrait for Tia but I think the blue port image could use....some touch ups lmao I also started a set for Cyber Akuma

#2912  May 17, 2017, 12:44:01 am
Tia is streched dude. Do not strech.

Balrog and a new small one for Cody

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I noticed some lines on the big port, thats cause I trust PS way to much, either way they are not visible in game thank god.
Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:22:38 am by PeXXeR
#2913  May 17, 2017, 01:08:02 am
this thread has an amazing lifeline.. I can only imagine the same whenever noz releases templates to create the same for his next screenpack
#2914  May 17, 2017, 07:45:34 am
New Clark Still and Balrog also Robert (vest) sets inside.

Enjoy
https://www.mediafire.com/?932ckec2eww2gvr

Next one to be remade is Tia maybe Athena as well.
As soon as Knuckles puts out his Dhalsim I will do a new set for him as well.
Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:51:49 am by PeXXeR
#2915  May 21, 2017, 12:36:46 am
    • Canada
Buckle up boys and girls, this is going to be a big one.

So I mentioned previously that I had been working on a bunch of main menu and press start screen portraits, I just needed to stop being lazy and bundle them together. I also packed them together with a bunch of new small portraits I created. I was inspired by peXXer's pack and I wanted to clone the same type of framing. I've included all the ports in the same rar file and included a preview in the spoiler below.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?9bm72kie37zssmt

In addition to that bundle of old stuff I have finished up several new character packs including a very special character that I am absolutely sure everyone was just *dying* to see in Legacy. You don't want to know what kind of horrors I saw looking up pics for it, and I'm pretty sure I gave my PC aids. I also finished the missing ports for Saitama as well.

Up first we have the Double Dragon boys Jimmy and Billy Lee.

Now the missing Saitama ports.

Next up is the VG edit for Akira Honjoji..... this may give you an idea where I'm going with that very special character...

"Why would you do this to us Eric The Nihilist? We had such a good thing going, and you ruined it. You ruined it forever!"

#2916  May 21, 2017, 08:45:52 am
Thank you bro ! :)
Thats  some real good stuff, keep em coming. Again you scratching stuff off my list, thanks ! I see some of your glow is sticking out of the small ports, a tip,  after you are done applying the glow, create a new empty layer, merge it with the render with the glow, then do the select inverse thing, it will just save you time. :) Real talk, Imma cop all them start and boot up screen ports.
Straight up fire.
#2917  May 23, 2017, 12:04:39 am
    • Canada
lol, I can't believe I missed the colour bleed on the small ports. Never thought about the inverse template. I've been manually cleaning them rofl.

I may redo them and repost, but don't hold your breath, it might be a bit.

thanks for the compliment on the menu/start ports. I was really proud of those. Its always been a pet peeve of mine when a mugen intro or whatever contains characters i don't have in the game.

on a side note it looks like the site i use to host images is having DNS issues according to there twitter. so I uploaded all my ports to this file.

Download all my ports here: https://www.mediafire.com/?eqybbkk3m4rp85e

#2918  May 25, 2017, 09:03:35 pm
Tia and Athena, I goofed on athena and flipped the p2 port, for some reason it seemed right in PS lol.

Karin new small one. Once I get more done I will update the pack again. Cody and adon's small ones bug me I will redo them.

New skullo one as well, the art was in such a weird pose, I had to redraw half of his head, hope it looks nice,
Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:56:30 pm by PeXXeR
#2919  May 30, 2017, 05:41:02 am
Hi everyone! Maybe this is not the right topic but I need a little help, i follow the instructions in the first page and when i saved the sff Mugen 1.1 the only palette available to play it's the default one, it happens with Goku z2 and guile from jmorphman, i don't have that problem with pots chars and other creators, if someone know the solution please let know, thanks in advance :)
#2920  May 30, 2017, 06:13:55 pm
Hi everyone! Maybe this is not the right topic but I need a little help, i follow the instructions in the first page and when i saved the sff Mugen 1.1 the only palette available to play it's the default one, it happens with Goku z2 and guile from jmorphman, i don't have that problem with pots chars and other creators, if someone know the solution please let know, thanks in advance :)

http://mugenfreeforall.com/topic/20137-mugen-11-palette-problem/

If someone wants these tell me, I made them for a project I had to scrap.