YesNoOk

Nvidia Driver Question?  (Read 2583 times)

Started by BurningSoul, July 03, 2017, 02:22:21 pm
Share this topic:
Nvidia Driver Question?
#1  July 03, 2017, 02:22:21 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Re: Nvidia Driver Question?
#2  July 03, 2017, 02:35:18 pm
jesus man, are you new with PC's ? ALWAYS update your GPU drivers, BUT MAKE SURE ITS FOR YOUR MODEL VIDEO CARD !
Break my computer he says.. hahhaha, man I remember myself being like that a long time ago.
#3  July 03, 2017, 02:36:47 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
If by "way higher" you mean something more powerful that your GTX 850M, then it simply won't work because that's not the graphics card you have installed.
If you mean a newer driver version for the GTX 850M you have, then it should work fine.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#4  July 03, 2017, 02:51:10 pm
computers don't work that way.
the drivers installation file contains specific info about the gpu it will work with. so if you install a driver for a gpu that your system don't have, it won't work.
although there are some people who managed to soft mod quadro drivers on a geforce card... but that is entirely different and can't happen by accident.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5  July 03, 2017, 02:51:46 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
#6  July 03, 2017, 03:44:36 pm
I call that BS, always update to the stable versions of drivers, fuck me, I even sometimes update to the beta ones.
I use an AMD card,(and AMD is well known for its stable drivers..HAHAH) but I have had Nvidia gpus before.

If there's a new version of drivers for  your GPU always update. The gpu drivers packed in with some of the GPU's are ancient, sitting on them is straight up a bad idea.

This aint the voodoo days man.
Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:04:36 pm by PeXXeR
#7  July 03, 2017, 04:33:03 pm
    • USA
One person mentioned it, auto compatibility detection when installing.
Download Geforce Experience. Problem solved.