YesNoOk

Options Menu Editing, Is It Possible? (Read 47727 times)

Started by bower84, September 21, 2017, 10:36:18 pm
Share this topic:
Options Menu Editing, Is It Possible?
#1  September 21, 2017, 10:36:18 pm
    • UK
    • bower84@live.co.uk
Hi, i am very familiar with Mugen so wont need too much help. I have made a custom animated background for my mugen options menu howeve ri wanted the white text to line up with a window i had made but i cannot for the life of me find anywhere i can change the position for this? I preferably wanted to remove the transparent black box behind the white text then move the white text to the right slightly so it looks like its inside a window on the background.

I even tried menu.pos= etc in the options section of the system.def (i moved the options into system def rather than having loads of files for options background separate etc) but nothing works i cant get it to budge ha?!

I have spent enough time on this today so before i waste more time i first of all just wanted to know is it possible to edit these things in the options screen? Just moving it to the right and removing the black box is all i want. If so what files do i edit or are they part of the Mugen engine's configuration etc? if so is there a tool to use that edits the engines files etc?

Any help is appreciated even if its a simple "not possible" so i can get on with the rest of my life ha.

Thanks
Re: Options Menu Editing, Is It Possible?
#2  September 25, 2017, 06:45:29 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
I don't think what you want is possible.
#3  September 26, 2017, 10:56:24 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
well, I say that it is possible .... the parameters to position this are in system.def
#4  September 26, 2017, 06:56:23 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
He already said he tried to move the menu with the "menu.pos=" parameter in system.def. No change occurred.
#5  September 26, 2017, 07:52:20 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Here is what I've been able to do with my options menu, it's limited to what you can do but some stuff is possible.

You gotta work with the space you have, and make the most of it.
Let me know if you need some assistance.
#6  October 18, 2017, 01:19:49 pm
    • UK
    • bower84@live.co.uk
Thanks for the replies guys, yeah i thought as much really. Ah well all i wanted to do was move it over to the right a little more too ha

Just wanted to move it over to the window

Would attach a screenshot but cant see how to?
Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:23:50 pm by bower84
#7  October 18, 2017, 01:34:44 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Upload it to imgur then link it here in img tags.