YesNoOk

P.O.T.S Simul Mode Helper damage dampen problem. (Read 1567 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, April 07, 2018, 02:05:57 pm
Share this topic:
P.O.T.S Simul Mode Helper damage dampen problem.
#1  April 07, 2018, 02:05:57 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Nailed it! It works perfectly now! Thanks a lot guys!
Edit: Hate to bother you guys again but now I have another problem. If I have a helper-based projectile (ID 1000 for example) hit the target first, the dampen var counter won't count that one at all, which means the next attack will deal 100% damage. I have tried this code but no success so far (this is in statedef -2):
Code:
[State 200, Super Vajra Dampen]
type = varset
trigger1 = projhit1000=1
fvar(10) = (fvar(10))*0.70    ;count the dampen when the projectile hit

Also, the dampen value works normally if the projectile is the following attack (While it works, I will put the code here just in case it's needed, it's in the helper state):
Code:
[State 1000, PVS]
type = parentvarset
trigger1 = movehit
trigger1 = ishelper(1000)
ignorehitpause = 1
persistent = 0
fvar(10) = (root,fvar(10))*0.70
So how can I fix this?
Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:17:33 pm by Odb718
Re: P.O.T.S Simul Mode Helper damage dampen problem.
#2  April 07, 2018, 06:14:24 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've had this exact problem before. The easiest way that I've found is to duplicate the dampening code inside the helper. Not ALL of it, but the part that adjusts the values. Then the hitdef should work properly with the var in it.

----
I'm afk for a while, but when I get the chance I'll look up my character that uses it. Pretty sure it's my Noob Siabot.

---- ----
@MrGiang: This is what I use to nerf Noob's clones. I put this in the helper's state that has the hitdef.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:40:09 am by Odb718
#3  April 08, 2018, 01:22:42 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
I tested it and it didn't work though (with and without the original dampen code in the helper).
#4  April 08, 2018, 08:31:53 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
hmmm, did you put it ABOVE the hitdef in the state? Sometimes the actual order of things in the state can make or break something. This could be one of those times. If your dampening doesn't work, try what I posted and see if the power is reduced. That code should work for every attack I believe. It just might not be the ratio you want.
#5  April 08, 2018, 11:27:04 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
hmmm, did you put it ABOVE the hitdef in the state? Sometimes the actual order of things in the state can make or break something. This could be one of those times. If your dampening doesn't work, try what I posted and see if the power is reduced. That code should work for every attack I believe. It just might not be the ratio you want.
Well, I put it above the hitdef in the state and the power of the next attack is still 100% instead of being dampen. Granted, if I replaced the entire P.O.T.S's system with that code, it would work but the problem with it is that the dampen ratio isn't what I exactly want.
#6  April 08, 2018, 11:34:58 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Wait. So the move after the helper is the problem?
That's because the helper is de-spawning. In it's "destroyself" make it so it only dies when the hit is over.
One thing I like to do is give the helper a 20 tic blank frame as the last bit of it's animation. That'll usually keep it "alive" while P2 is being hit and root, me, is going in for the attack.
If the helper doesn't exist, neither does the combo.
#7  April 08, 2018, 03:17:07 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Oh! No wonder why. I gave the helper a few tick of blank frames and now the dampen works nicely! Thanks a lot!