YesNoOk

Sprite Corruption with Fighter Factory?(resolved) (Read 2883 times)

Started by Syone, December 12, 2010, 01:22:07 am
Share this topic:
Sprite Corruption with Fighter Factory?(resolved)
New #1  December 12, 2010, 01:22:07 am
  • heheh..
I created a new animation for a character by editing existing sprites. At first I added the series of sprites after the last frame in the sff, using Fighter Factory Portable. The first sign of this problem was when I checked share palette, the sprite's color was distorted(looked like when you use 'invert color' in photoshop ). After I played around I found that if I change the order position of the sprites inside sff, the colors gets back to normal(I've tried adding them right after group0 image0, and using the auto organize option, both worked) Everything appeared to be fine until I test the character in Mugen. Strangely the new animation in game shows little bits and chunks of the sprite sheet alpha background color around the edges of the sprite. Some even overwrites painted parts. I went back into FFP and noticed that when the sprites are in distorted colors,  they are mostly dark except the parts that appeared in game as background colors are much brighter. These areas are exactly the same even if I re-imported the pcx into the backup sff. I've checked the RBG values of the sprite colors there were nothing wrong. This is probably a common problem with FF but I couldn't find anything thing on it with web searches. Any veteran please help fix this problem!
Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 04:48:10 am by graff
Re: Sprite Corruption with Fighter Factory?
#2  December 12, 2010, 01:50:00 am
  • Life is Life... WTF!!
    • www.mugenimperiolatino.com/index.php
i know about this error XD

look 1st convert all of your "new" sprites/Fx into 8 bits - indexed image.

then add to the end of your sff you cant set that in your FF options.

->

and that its to add without troubles of palettes XD!
[

Nice userbars no? :P Make click & Download something nice for your Mugen!!!
#3  December 12, 2010, 03:00:22 am
  • heheh..
I dont see what's the difference between what I've done and your instructions, except that you say not to check share palette. The thing is that the palette is working both in FF and mugen, leaving it blank will only makes the char have 1 color theme for the animation. I've tried re imported them into a backup sff without checking 'share palette'. The background color bits are still there in game nothing has solved.
#4  December 12, 2010, 03:33:02 am
  • Life is Life... WTF!!
    • www.mugenimperiolatino.com/index.php
so... you have indexed sprites (8 bits 256 colors image)
you add with other group in your end of SFF the new sprites with unshared palette

then your sff is corrupted?... so you are editing some corrupt sff from begining so your new sprites are doing nothing... i mean that doesn't mess up your sff

1st Fix your base/standar sff then when your sff its ok add a new sprites.  :-X

or u r looking help to fix the standar sff?

[

Nice userbars no? :P Make click & Download something nice for your Mugen!!!
Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:37:36 am by leandro1412
#5  December 12, 2010, 04:44:01 am
  • heheh..
As I've said before i'm using a fresh backup of sff everytime there's nothing corrupt about the sff. Besides I've found a solution to the problem, it is an issue from FF's import. Thx for replying