YesNoOk

what game are you playing right now (Read 1056281 times)

Started by Shunu, December 09, 2009, 09:37:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: what game are you playing right now
#4941  April 07, 2017, 03:14:49 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PC)

Replaying the game cause I bought it on steam the other day
Already racked in 36 hours and am near the end of the game story-wise,but I wanna grind till I'm around level 100 so I can do the DLC without my ass dyin every 2 seconds
Playing a ranger this time,which focuses the most on the bow out of all 3 bow using classes(Never tried Mystic Archer so I can't comment on him).It's really fun tbh I just wish my pawn would actually enchant my shit when I need it.
Granted I don't need a damage boost most of the time cause the Ranger class can shoot fucking 10 arrows at once

Also I kinda miss the lively feeling this game has before the near-end or before DLC,where it becomes dark and empty like all the Souls games.
#4942  April 07, 2017, 12:31:06 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Sonic World R7 ~

Never knew about this fan game, and I tell you, got to be one of the best fan games I've ever come across.
I mean, as a huge fan of Sonic Adventure 2, and the passable gimmic of Heroes, this is more or less a free to download hybrid between Heroes and Adventure 2, where SA2 is most in focus.

There are some lenghty new recreation of stages from previous titles, and plenty of characters from the Sonic universe ranging from classics such as; Mighty the Armadillo, Nack the Weasel, Honey the Cat, to more modern characters; Silver the Hedgehog, the Babylon Rouges and so on.

There are also mods which are easy to implement, in both stage and character department, with some of them featured in the official website. (Say, Mario Brothers, the skeleton brothers from Undertale, and others; Crash, Klonoa, NiGHTS and so on.)

I've had a blast playing this, with game modes like; Classic 'Reach the Goal', collecting the red ring (instead of the chaos emerald), defeating all enemies, boss battles and balloon pop amongst others.

Ranking system returns. Chao Garden extended (have not been using it that much, but it's there. Also they got ridd of those animals.)
Also compatible with controlls, so I'm playing with a PS3 controller, and it's well responsive.

So if you are a Sonic fan (you might probobly have heard of it already), but, it's a really easy access game, and fun to play!

Here is a trailer for it if you want to check it out;
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.

SNT

#4943  April 07, 2017, 02:17:35 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Nier:Automata - Believe the hype. Game of the year called in March, and in the same month new Zelda and Mass Effect titles dropped. The action is Platinum Games, the environments are gorgeous, gameplay manages to stay fresh throughout, the soundtrack is perfection, and the narrative hurts so good. Only thing left this year that might give it a run for its money is Persona 5 and that's a 2016 game anyway. This guy Yoko Taro is going to be the next Kojima.

Mass Effect Andromeda - Solid game in and of its own rights, but lacks a lot of polish. In that respect it's a lot like the first Mass Effect. Like the other three the cast of characters is pretty hit and miss, and the action is alright but a bit samey, but the environments are beautiful.
#4944  April 10, 2017, 07:34:30 pm
    • Peru
Blaster Master Zero (Switch)
I never played the original. The game has a metroidvania structure with lots of items and upgrades to be found. It's really fun, but game designers subestimate their players; there's a lot of handholding and the difficulty is really low, specially when you reach to level 10 with your handgun (which happens about the second time you reach a dungeon).

Oh yeah, the dungeon sequences are a really nice addition since they change the gameplay.

Overall it0s a really good game, but it's too easy.
#4945  April 10, 2017, 08:15:43 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
If you had played the original, be prepared for a whole lot of talking... like.. "a lot" a lot of talking.
#4946  April 13, 2017, 08:16:03 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Breath of the Wild
Don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said about this. :P

Yooka-Laylee
I... I want to like this. This is exactly the kind of game I find myself wanting to play whenever I'm in a video game store surrounded by shooters and Ubisfot sandboxes. But... the platforming is floaty and jank, the character voices are annoying, the animatons don't have good weight to them, the music isn't as good as the games that inspired it and the worlds are too big and badly-designed. And too much of the game's design makes no sense - why would I want to expand worlds that are almost as big as Nuts & Bolts, but don't have the excuse of cars and planes to make navigating the world a non-issue?

In summary, as much as I hate to say it, I can't recommend unless you're a die-hard BK fan. And even then, I feel that it falls short compared to Banjo-Kazooie.

Snake Pass
I played this at EGX last year, and it was the most charming game I've played in a while. Controls can be a bit fiddly, and you need a lot of patience to climb some things and cross some gaps, but it's worth it when you get it just right. Fuck getting every coin, though, that shit's for mad people.
#4947  April 14, 2017, 04:14:31 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Planescape: Torment Enhanced edition. Never played the original so this is very welcome.

UPDATED MY JOURNAL

Gameplay is fairly standard western rpg fair, but the amount of character building and story branching options you have is pretty crazy. The writing is pretty great too, which is good cause there's a lot of fucking text to be read.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#4948  April 14, 2017, 05:27:07 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I'm playing through two Final Fantasy games right now because I'm a badass and I think I can take it pretty well.

Final Fantasy III...as in the real one, not what 6 got renamed to (PSP)

I appreciate how the remake actually gave us characters and not FF1-style blank slates again, but there were a lot of actual dummied out character-building moments that, without, makes Luneth and gang kinda...well, bland really. At least its not that little rat bastard Onion Knight again.

I appreciate how FF3 as a whole introduced the job system and so far its pretty good, but I'm still stuck with the current FF1 jobs and I wanna branch out soon. I beat Medusa already, gimme more jobs so I can experiment! Battles feel pretty low for some reason, though. Not PAL Final Fantasy IX slow but still somehow slow and plodding. And even after grinding I still feel like I come to battles woefully unprepared as I can barely handle the limited magic "stock" system and most enemy attacks still slash a sizable chunk of HP off of my guys. At least I can reach the Village of Ancients relatively early and there's a wellspring of life within arm's reach.

And aside from that, the game itself is kinda dull when its not being hard. I'm a proponent of the idea that the third game in a series is usually the best one or at least really good and FF3 isn't one of them. Its not horrible but it feels slow and kinda boring. At least the graphics are cute. But I honestly kinda prefer Final Fantasy 2 more and that's a statement I can't make lightly.

Final Fantasy IV (PSP)

Aww yeah now THIS is the real shit! Square finally figured out how to story halfway decently and write actual main characters and not blank slate types. the battles feel far faster and the graphics are cleaned up a shitload more on the PSP version to be a fair bit prettier. The writing's also good and not as bullshitted up as the old fan translation (Seriously Kain calling Rosa a "whore"? The very formal and polite Yang calling Kain a "son of a bitch"? Fuck outta here with that shit) nor as desperately "I'm clever!" with fake writing as the PSX version script was

And the music is one of my favourite RPG soundtracks yet especially the main boss battle theme. I don't like how Dissidia remixed it but the PSP Final Fantasy 1 version is great.

And after the second fight with Golbez, I'm naming that my favourite moment. Basically after fighting that doll thing in the Dwarven Castle, Golbez shows up, summons a shadow dragon and basically tears you apart, paralyzing and killed your guys til only Cecil's left, then suddenly a grown-up Rydia shows up with her own dragon to kill Golbez's fix your paralysis and help you take him down. Although you still gotta revive an heal anyone who got hurt but yet I still find that another part of what makes this moment amazing. Yeah Rydia saved you from certain doom but that doesn't mean you don't have to pick yourself and your party back up, you still gotta pull your weight and heal when needed. But when you do, its great, and you feel like you really have come far in the game.

also Rydia best FF girl. fite me
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#4949  April 15, 2017, 11:11:18 pm
  • Dark Templar
Mass Effect Andromeda Xbox One
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#4950  April 15, 2017, 11:51:08 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Yooka-Laylee.

I'm not sure how I'd classify my expectations first going into this.  I know in the back of my head, Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie are not technically the best games ever.  But they're such a joy to experience playing.  That's what I'm getting out of this spiritual successor, I suppose.  A good number elsewhere have made it quite clear the camera is not perfect.  I'm inclined to agree.  I'm also inclined to disagree with this ruining the game forever.  I'm just enjoying going through these sprawling maps, meeting the humorous characters. the humor needle sitting somewhere between Banjo and Conker by the way so a good sign, though it is a little too reliant on self-awareness jokes.

The maps are quite bigger than anything Banjo's done outside of vehicles, but as an aside, I also enjoyed ReCore and would love a sequel to that, which also had a tad bit oversized maps, and that isn't everyone's cup of tea.  I guess I should blame my love of Metroid, specifically Prime to cause me to fill the blanks with imagining the world around you, filling in the blanks.

I will say that whatever I thought I was going to get when I took a chance on this on Kickstarter, those expectations are currently met.  With any luck, the company will get back into the swing of things by their next title and things will be even more polished up.  Though some patches now wouldn't hurt the game's reception.
#4951  April 16, 2017, 01:39:34 am
    • New Zealand
    • saiyajinmui.mugen-infantry.net/
Just wrapped up EDF 4.1 for a review.

#4952  April 16, 2017, 01:51:15 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

Anyway
LOTR:Shadow of Mordor
12 hours in,just unlocked the 2nd map,could've probably done that in under 4 hours tbh but I fucked around a lot and wanted to make this one funny looking Orc that killed me a Warchief
Pretty fun game but the MC is dumb as fuck and gets stuck on the smallest shit and sometimes forgets how to climb walls
Also sometimes textures don't load completely which for some reason just bans climbing and makes the game much harder than it needs to be

SNT

#4953  April 25, 2017, 12:53:03 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Persona 5 - FFXV, move the hell over, we got a new 2016 GOTY. For those familiar with the franchise Persona 5 is a happy middle ground between the simple student slice-of-life fare of the last two Persona games, and the broad scope political-supernatural thriller of the Shin Megami Tensei brand as a whole. The game is bloody beautiful; environments, characters, enemies, hell even the menus are painstakingly put together. As always the soundtrack is an absolute banger too, literally impossible not to nod your head to this stuff.
#4954  April 27, 2017, 08:40:13 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Final Fantasy VI (Android)

It was on sale on Google Play for only £7.49 due to an event going on in Brave Exvius (I better get down to reviewing that too) so I grabbed it.

I can sorta see why people love this game, it starts off quickly, its easy to understand and the first three party members you get (Terra, Locke, Edgar) are instantly memorable and Kefka's a pretty funny at times villain. Also the music is fucking phenomenal and Uematsu fucking worked that SNES soundfont like it was putty. I still need time to really get down to it though, Final Fantasy IV spoilt me a lot.

Yeah the smartphone sprites are bit shitty looking. But hey, it makes Terra look like she has a tan and I like that.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#4955  April 28, 2017, 01:07:54 am
    • www.angelfire.com/jazz/Anime
Dungeon fighter Online.

the ultimate grind, but fun nonetheless.

"I can Fight Again, My Fight"
#4956  April 29, 2017, 10:10:43 pm
Persona 5 - FFXV, move the hell over, we got a new 2016 GOTY. For those familiar with the franchise Persona 5 is a happy middle ground between the simple student slice-of-life fare of the last two Persona games, and the broad scope political-supernatural thriller of the Shin Megami Tensei brand as a whole. The game is bloody beautiful; environments, characters, enemies, hell even the menus are painstakingly put together. As always the soundtrack is an absolute banger too, literally impossible not to nod your head to this stuff.

except it's 2017
#4957  April 30, 2017, 12:29:03 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
For the past three years, I've been so invested into Destiny, which was developed by Bungie & Activision. It has its flaws, but its addictive.
#4958  April 30, 2017, 12:44:21 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Shovel Knight:  Specter of Torment

You got to hand it to Yacht Club.  They effectively built an entirely new game and released it as free DLC.
#4959  April 30, 2017, 03:29:35 am
  • For the Murder!
Disgaea PC
Never played the original, so i gave it a try. It was fun at first, then I screwed with cheat engine, now all my characters are level 1000+, and kill anyone with one hit, even those attacking them take insane damage and die... Right now I'm only playing it to reach the end of the story.
Yeah, cheating ruined my game
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#4960  May 01, 2017, 03:16:42 am
    • muscleman@dispostable.com
Dink Smallwood
The MUGEN character by Most_Mysterious (and later updated by The_None) hails from his own self-titled Zelda-like action RPG.
My past is not today!
https://media.giphy.com/media/119SFXjoMsax6o/giphy.gif
Your signature is too big, please read the forum rules