YesNoOk

What's the best tablet pen for drawing? (Read 1077 times)

Started by Amy, November 02, 2014, 07:57:50 pm
Share this topic:

Amy

What's the best tablet pen for drawing?
#1  November 02, 2014, 07:57:50 pm
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
    • network.mugenguild.com/amysden/index.html
Soooo... I got an iPad today and I've been pretty much thinking about start learning to draw pretty much anything that comes in my mind. What's the best option for drawing on tablets when it comes to using a pen?

I've seen good grade reviews for this so-called Wacom Bamboo Stylus.

What do you guys recommend?
Re: What's the best tablet pen for drawing?
#2  November 02, 2014, 08:10:02 pm
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
Current Status: N/A
#3  November 02, 2014, 08:28:57 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The Bamboo is a great entry product (it's the one I have). If you'never worked with tablets it will be the best choice for you to figure out if you can work or not with tablets.

Once you get the first tablet, the next step is buying the professional version: wacom intuos
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#4  November 06, 2014, 12:28:59 am
  • all is love in fair and war
nowadays there is no Graphire or Bamboo series anymore, only Intuos (bamboo name upgrade), Intuos Pro (used to be Intuos 1-4), and Cintiq

I still use Intuos 2 medium size from years ago have been used heavily everyday, which if compared features wise to the current lineup is comparable to the standard Intuos
1024 pressure levels, and  tilt, I feel it is good enough to tackle any projects.

if you have money or plan to go pro, then get Cintiq, since nothing more natural than drawing on screen where your eyes looking at what your hand is doing, but if not Wacom Intuos standard would be enough, Intuos pro has more pressure sensitivity 2048 levels, has programmable buttons (which are kind of useless, if you have a wireless keyboard around and knowing photoshop's shortcuts well) and it has compatibility with optional styluses (airbrush stylus, etc) of which I feel all gimicky anyway, while Intuos standard has slimmer, cleaner, sleeker look without the side pane and oversized border of the Pro series.

I plan to update my wacom (since the stylus is kinda wonky, after so many years of usage, and nobody sell Intuos 2's stylus anymore), I would probably get Intuos standard since like I mentioned its feature is as good as my then "pro" line, and the shape is very clean and sleek. 

Amy

#5  November 07, 2014, 06:15:04 pm
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
    • network.mugenguild.com/amysden/index.html
Thank you for your suggestions guys. Was a great help.

Now I think I just need the money.

Now the question is:

What's the best app / program for drawin on an iPad?

GDM

#6  November 09, 2014, 03:02:31 pm
  • I'm not trolling
check conceptart.org they know more about recommandations of drawing apps for ipod also try and get a intuos 5 for a drawing tablet or a bamboo