YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] DBFC/UNIB Sprite Thread (Read 106171 times)

Started by lui, April 05, 2015, 03:21:19 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] DBFC/UNIB Sprite Thread
#81  November 21, 2016, 02:52:27 pm
All these sprites are truly sublime, I wish I could create something of such quality.
As of now, I've only made 3 sprites : the first one being horrible, the second one being an edit of Linne, so I'll post the third one which is...
a sprite of sans.

Took part of the posture from Linne and Vatista's hand, and tried to redesign the whole thing to remake sans' clothings, head,...
Eventually, laziness took over me and thus, there are shadows missing and weird palette choices.
I acknowledge I truly need improvement, so I'm open to any source of tutorial or theory one may suggest.
Also, I use GIMP.
#82  November 21, 2016, 04:08:26 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
I'm aware that you're prob new to the style (and maybe spriting too), but boy, where to begin:

-That is a very tall Sans. Shouldn't he be... idk, shorter?
-Looks like you just gave him a beer belly rather than how "fat" he usually looks in-source.
-Even though he's a skeleton, he somehow has manboobs. Maybe it's cause of how the chest part of his jacket is shaded, but still.
-Shoes are noticeably less detailed.
-Eyes made him look like a sad drunken skeleton.
-His teeth are not even in the right color.
-His hand is noticeably a bit small for him, even tho he's a skeleton.

If anything, I would suggest someone like Izaya to be a good use of reference for Sans.

I see that you got the pose (and jacket, tho you need to improve a lot on that) from him, but even then, he's a good ref for someone like Sans.
#83  November 21, 2016, 08:09:24 pm
"you're prob new to the style (and maybe spriting too)"  : Spriting at all ^^"
"-That is a very tall Sans. Shouldn't he be... idk, shorter?"  : May you believe it or not, I took Linne's intro pose as a reference, and Linne is already quite short. I thought it was sufficient, buuuuuuut maybe Tomoka's size would have fitted better.
"-Looks like you just gave him a beer belly rather than how "fat" he usually looks in-source.
-Even though he's a skeleton, he somehow has manboobs. Maybe it's cause of how the chest part of his jacket is shaded, but still."
  : I guess I'm just not good at making folds in clothes at all, but like in a critical state. XD Well the jacket sounded wide as it is, like a padded jacket but I didn't even manage to set that one up indeed :p
"-Shoes are noticeably less detailed." : Yep, laziness took the shades away.
"-Eyes made him look like a sad drunken skeleton."  : Should I have made them like 3x3 or 4x4 (rounded) squares ? Because that's the way he sounded in game, 
"-His teeth are not even in the right color."  : Yeah, I should have made them clearer. But then again, laziness... That really wasn't a joke, I really felt lazy at some point considering I took 6 hours to pull this out whereas I wish I was faster, even if quality should matter first or we end up like Requiem Final... Though I'm not that far away from it after all.
"-His hand is noticeably a bit small for him, even tho he's a skeleton."  : I won't deny it, I feel the same. Maybe because the hand was horizontally flat, but even then, with the big bones I've drawn for sans, it feels out of place.

Now surprisingly enough, I didn't take Izaya as a model for him. The lifted left arm was a late commitment as I was already doing the rest. I preferred taking Linne because of the size and thus the vertical proportions that were easier to respect.
Yep, guess I have a huge ton to learn then x) Thanks for the advice :)
#84  June 03, 2018, 04:49:07 am
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days. Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Aw man! Dead already? Ah well! I'll just post it anyways!
#85  June 03, 2018, 06:31:02 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
That  does not fit with the theme.
#86  June 03, 2018, 07:06:29 am
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA
#87  June 03, 2018, 07:22:47 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Well you are not exactly too wrong with the tones per color number (3 out of 5), but the body proportions and shading doesn´t fit all the style of the Topic IMO.
Also may want to darker that shading and outline since is barely notable.

Looks more like one of those TOON sprites instead of the anime kinda style.
#88  June 03, 2018, 10:48:03 pm
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA
Well you are not exactly too wrong with the tones per color number (3 out of 5), but the body proportions and shading doesn´t fit all the style of the Topic IMO.
Also may want to darker that shading and outline since is barely notable.

Looks more like one of those TOON sprites instead of the anime kinda style.

My apologies... I hope there's SOMEONE who can fix this chibi-like sprite to fit the anime style!
#89  June 03, 2018, 10:52:06 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
It's your sprite, why are you just expecting someone else to come along and fix it? Take initiative, take responsibility!
#90  June 03, 2018, 11:38:18 pm
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA
#91  June 04, 2018, 12:24:08 am
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:57:05 am by LoganMugenStuffs
#92  June 07, 2018, 11:29:25 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I suggest you actually look at sprites in this style because your attempt bears no resemblance to the style whatsoever.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#93  June 10, 2018, 12:23:18 am
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA

lui

#94  June 10, 2018, 05:12:19 am
    • USA
no. i'm not going into the specifics on why it doesn't look good, i'll say this in a way you'll understand.

Try to study how the character designs look first before doing anything. Right now it's very apparent you do not know what you are doing in terms of this specific style.

Try to practice art in general before tackling something like this.
#95  June 10, 2018, 08:12:07 pm
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA
no. i'm not going into the specifics on why it doesn't look good, i'll say this in a way you'll understand.

Try to study how the character designs look first before doing anything. Right now it's very apparent you do not know what you are doing in terms of this specific style.

Try to practice art in general before tackling something like this.

Welp, i failed! Shaderless version goes to the Finish-a-Sprite thread!
#96  June 10, 2018, 08:16:46 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
No, it does not. You post that sprite again, it gets trashed. You keep posting it, you get a time out. Either actually work on it or move on.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#97  June 10, 2018, 08:20:14 pm
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA

Pin

#98  July 01, 2018, 10:30:05 am
  • wha? p-p-purple stars? how!?
Uh is this still a dbfc style? Since is not kinda anime but:
Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 04:10:09 pm by Pin
#99  July 01, 2018, 10:45:23 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
That´s actually a really good sprite.

If anything? He´s just too big but hey, that´s a irrelevant detail to be honest.

IMO the 2nd spike of the head "kinda" has too much shading (forgot how it´s called) but maybe more highlight but it´s too good already.
#100  July 01, 2018, 02:33:57 pm
For some reason I can't see it, can you re-upload it?