YesNoOk

VS. STYLE DEBUTS PRESENTS: DEMITRI MAXIMOFF (Read 18465 times)

Started by ShinZankuro, August 12, 2015, 05:40:38 am
Share this topic:
VS. STYLE DEBUTS PRESENTS: DEMITRI MAXIMOFF
#1  August 12, 2015, 05:40:38 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
FINALLY, HE IS COME!!

DEMITRI MAXIMOFF

Well, I should say... Finally managed to re-do Demitri in VS. Style. After A LOT OF TRIALS and life bullshit's I finally managed to make a more decent than the old one version of a VS. styled Demitri.

I'm very, VERY happy with this result. A lot of my efforts and studing codes to make a more functional/universal version of Midnight Bliss and the other hyper combos.

I managed to discover a lot of strange and bizarre bugs, who I managed to fix it once for all, tested against 3 different chars [Sakura by Beximus, Zangief by Kamekaze and Kung-Fu man by Elecbyte] to have a sure of a functional work and a fair play with the other characters.

I should say also, that version of Midnight Bliss, is the version I managed to make more universal. Since is a more complex codingwise, I make a more simple but functional version.

Well, I'm writing this , because I'm happy with the level I reached thanks to you guys from this forum and IMT.

And thanks to Capcom for NEVER putting my favorite Darkstalker being on VS. Styled Crossovers =_=

DOWNLOAD? C'MON, BABY! DOWNLOAD!

Spoiler: README, MOVELIST AND CREDITS (click to see content)

CHANGELOG from the beta-version I've sended to my beta-tester :

- Fixed the Negative Stolen/pilediver throw bug
- Fixed the Screenbound bug during Midnight Festival
- Added sound on winpose
- the same with intro pose
- fixed the negative pausetime debug flood on Demon Blast Hyper Combo
- Added a Echoless version of Demitri KO Cry.
- Counter-Attack added
- GuardSounds added
- HitSparks alligned

DEMO VIDEO BY GUI007! :D

I hope you enjoy this char. Its for you, Darkstalkers/Vampire fans! :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:51:57 am by ShinZankuro
Re: VS. STYLE DEBUTS PRESENTS: DEMITRI MAXIMOFF
#2  August 12, 2015, 09:35:40 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Awesome! It's really good to see an update for the TRUE protagonist of Darkstalkers, lol. A bit of feedback and suggestions from playing as him.

- All of his special attacks do the same amount of damage, and in the sense of Chaos Flare, move at the same speed. This almost makes having different buttons for the blasts pointless. Special attacks should coordinate strength and speed via the button pressed.
- Demon Cradle rises a bit too high once it gets to the medium and heavy strengths.
- The Hyper Combos do waaay too much damage.
   - On the topic of the hyper combos, Demon Blast gives back a lot of power.
- Whenever Demitri gets hit, his voice kind of doubles up and layers over itself.
- When you crouch during a dash, Demitri stops completely, but his afterimages are still there.
- His heavy punch is just a launcher. He doesn't have his far straight heavy punch as a normal. Not sure if this was intentional, but it isn't too good, to be honest.

Suggestions:

- Mid-air Chaos Flare is too big for the one-handed version, maybe use the bat version of the Chaos Flare, or edit one of the smaller Hadouken sprites?
- Have the energy pillars during Midnight Bliss spin or rotate around Demitri and the opponent during the move?
- Midnight Pleasure looks a bit, for lack of a better term, much as a super attack. Perhaps adjust the damage and add effects to turn it into a hyper combo.
#3  August 12, 2015, 10:18:25 am
Very nice!!
I'm one of Demitri fan!! :thumbsup:

lui

#4  August 12, 2015, 11:22:48 am
    • USA
Awesome! It's really good to see an update for the TRUE protagonist of Darkstalkers, lol. A bit of feedback and suggestions from playing as him.

- All of his special attacks do the same amount of damage, and in the sense of Chaos Flare, move at the same speed. This almost makes having different buttons for the blasts pointless. Special attacks should coordinate strength and speed via thelea button pressed.
- Demon Cradle rises a bit too high once it gets to the medium and heavy strengths.
- Whenever Demitri gets hit, his voice kind of doubles up and layers over itself.
- When you crouch during a dash, Demitri stops completely, but his afterimages are still there.
- His heavy punch is just a launcher. He doesn't have his far straight heavy punch as a normal. Not sure if this was intentional, but it isn't too good, to be honest.

Suggestions:

- Mid-air Chaos Flare is too big for the one-handed version, maybe use the bat version of the Chaos Flare, or edit one of the smaller Hadouken sprites?
- Have the energy pillars during Midnight Bliss spin or rotate around Demitri and the opponent during the move?
- Midnight Pleasure looks a bit, for lack of a better term, much as a super attack. Perhaps adjust the damage and add effects to turn it into a hyper combo.

lol i was about to literally pm all of the same feedback.
i agree about the midnight pleasure and the launcher, change it back to the old crouch + HP command like the previous version.
#5  August 12, 2015, 11:27:45 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I'll be honest I(I made most of the original version) changed it his close hard punch to his crouch punch because it felt more natural to combo, but this is more accurate to Demitri in source.

lui

#6  August 12, 2015, 11:41:15 am
    • USA
yeah but it just feels stiff with standing HP, crouching HP just feels smoother tbh, but to each his own.
#7  August 12, 2015, 12:31:03 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
This Demitri is much better than before, congrats Shinzankuro! ;D

Now what will be the next character that will be updated?
#8  August 12, 2015, 06:24:55 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro

- All of his special attacks do the same amount of damage, and in the sense of Chaos Flare, move at the same speed. This almost makes having different buttons for the blasts pointless. Special attacks should coordinate strength and speed via the button pressed.

Suggestions:

Thanks for the Feedbacks :D

Well, about the feedbacks:

- Chaos Flare does the same damage, because in VS Games every projectile attack have different speeds depending of the button pressed. I checked this on Marvel VS Capcom gameplay with Ryu and Morrigan and I noticed it. I can change the speed of the projectiles, but I'm afraid of the light one will not activate the "special finish" flash during KO, for a strange reason.. But I will change it ^^

- Demon Cradlell.. I will make less high the jump during the attack :)

- I will fix the damage of the hypers. Except of the LVL3, who follows a standart of sucking more hp than the other hypers. And I will fix  the getpower ^^

- the voice during get hits, I probably know what the problem. Going to check now.

- hmm, i think is because i don't used afterimages, but clone explods instead, like mvc did with Gouki. Will see it also.

- I will change the launcher also :)

THE SUGGESTIONS:

- Yes, I agree, I'm going to use the "Zero" Shakunetsu Hadouken alongside with the bat for the kuuchuu version
- I can try to make the pillars to rotate XD
- I've changed the propriety of M.Pleasure because it's a way who Capcom did on several characters in the old incarnations of MvC games turning at least one super move a special move nerfed. Example? Mini-kikoushou for Chun-Li, Valkyre Turn for Morrigan, Aerial Russiam Slam for Zangief, and recently on Beximus Capcom Universe, Steel Rain for Rolento.

I can adjust the damage, for sure :)

This Demitri is much better than before, congrats Shinzankuro! ;D

Now what will be the next character that will be updated?

Well, I'm working HARDLY on Dudley, Gen, Dee Jay and Gouki for updatings. I've started to work recently on Claire Redfield, Makoto, the girl from Gurren Lagann, Deadpool, Gouken, Chaos Zero, Sonic The Hedgehog, Knuckles, Tails, Zangief, and Tiffany for newcomers.

For spritewise, I'm trying to sprite Shadow from Vampire Savior, but with some less tones, Shade from Cyberbots and Tikal-X, a Boss Character.

Actually a Devilotte de DeathSatan IX are on future works, using Mazemerald's one as basis, being upgraded/renewed by Walruslui

Sorry for the delay on answer, depression times is taking my animation constantly :/

- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:28:57 pm by ShinZankuro
[GALACTIC UPDATE]VS. STYLE DEBUTS: DEMITRI MAXIMOFF
#9  August 12, 2015, 08:35:27 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Thanks to the feedback gived by my friends in this thread, I updated Demitri for better, i hope XD

It's a BIG change!

- Midnight Pleasure now are a Hyper [LVL1], command: D,DB,B + 2 Punches [the command are on movelist also]
- Dimminished the Demon Cradle y velocity
- Chaos flare velocity and damage fixed
- fixed the double voice issue during get hits
- Added a new projectile to Kuuchuu Chaos Flare [Thanks N-Mario ^^]
- Launcher now is the crouching strong punch! :D
- Removed afterimages from the dashes and backdashes
- added "Midnight Pleasure" text on the same hyper combo finish.

DOWNLOAD ON FIRST POST :D
- Donations is welcome
#10  August 14, 2015, 12:26:15 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
THANKS MR. ! I'm back to the DS X SF Project, stay tuned my friends.
#11  September 03, 2015, 12:51:57 pm
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
when he performs regular jump, then air twist, (down,back, and kick) the opponent teleports in the air  getting hit
#12  September 03, 2015, 06:51:08 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
when he performs regular jump, then air twist, (down,back, and kick) the opponent teleports in the air  getting hit

Thanks for the feedback. This happens only when the enemy is hit by Bat Spin right? It's a Snap problem, I will fix it ^^
- Donations is welcome
#13  October 29, 2015, 01:52:41 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
- Demitri's DEMO video added on front page by Gui007 :)

- Donations is welcome
#14  October 30, 2015, 09:45:32 am
  • "In case you're wondering, you've lost."
    • USA
Hey, Kley...I have a suggestion based on the video from Gui. It's actually about Midnight Pleasure. The move still seems a bit much. Before, with Talbain, I suggested that the hits seem to come out too slowly. Here, it's the opposite. The whole move seems to go by in a couple seconds. Try maybe adding a few ticks to the pausetime in between hits. Or, as I've seen in other Demitri's just add some pausetime to the last 3 or 4 hits of the move, to the point where it looks like the speed of his normal combos (meaning the speed at which the attack animations would come out if the player was actually doing the combos themselves).

So, what I mean is it would look something like: hithithithithithit..hit..hit..hit..finisher

Not sure if that makes sense, but as you understood what I meant with Talbain, I'm sure you get me here too.
#15  October 30, 2015, 10:46:31 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
I've a suggestion for the hyper move "Midnight Pleasure": after that Demitri bites his opponent, he performs an autocombo with more punches and kicks, and in the end uses a powerful multi-hit Demon Cradle that sends him into the air (like Ken's Shinryuken).