YesNoOk

CvS Styled Rogue (Read 34266 times)

Started by Drex, July 05, 2014, 05:56:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CvS Styled Rogue
#21  July 07, 2014, 11:28:16 am
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
This is too dope. Definitely following the project!
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#22  July 07, 2014, 10:06:10 pm
  • Swagger just dumb. Call it Kelly Bundy
    • USA
This will be EPIC! Good Luck!
#23  July 08, 2014, 10:40:42 am
  • Not for sale
Fucking amazing.
#24  July 08, 2014, 03:35:50 pm
  • xxxxx
That's a really cool spritework of CvS Rogue.
I hope someday, she will be converted into a playable character.
Keep up the good work.
#25  July 09, 2014, 12:18:24 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Marvelous work, Drex.

Keep it strong.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#26  July 10, 2014, 08:23:11 pm
thanks again for all of the support guys. @WizzyWhipitWonderful: I may ask you to do a musical favor for me later. I will give you the details when I am ready and you can let me know if you are up for it.

I've been busy most of this week, but I managed to sit down last night and get the standing punches done. I can already see that the collar bone in the standing light punch is a bit jumpy, but if anyone has any other critics Percy Jackson's please let me know. Keep in mind that I am only editing the body and face right now The hair and clothing will be done later.

EDIT: Ugh. I got the file names mixed up so I don't have the standing hard punch uploaded. I'll have to post that one later.

Edit 2: Fixed
Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:00:00 pm by Drex
#27  July 11, 2014, 11:59:26 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
thanks again for all of the support guys. @WizzyWhipitWonderful: I may ask you to do a musical favor for me later. I will give you the details when I am ready and you can let me know if you are up for it.

I've been busy most of this week, but I managed to sit down last night and get the standing punches done. I can already see that the collar bone in the standing light punch is a bit jumpy, but if anyone has any other critics Percy Jackson's please let me know. Keep in mind that I am only editing the body and face right now The hair and clothing will be done later.

EDIT: Ugh. I got the file names mixed up so I don't have the standing hard punch uploaded. I'll have to post that one later.

Edit 2: Fixed

Alright.
I'll be on standby.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#28  July 15, 2014, 07:55:40 am

Light kick and taunt.
#29  July 15, 2014, 11:35:52 am
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
Pretty nice, Drex :) I'm not exactly a fan of Marvel, but this work looks spectacular.
#30  July 15, 2014, 11:55:44 pm
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
Looking great as ever. Keep it up!
#31  July 22, 2014, 04:50:48 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Man this is awesome, great job Drex!

#32  July 22, 2014, 09:07:30 am
Thanks guys. Your words of encouragement mean a great deal to me.

Medium kick, hard kick and roll. I did these a while ago. Been busy with game tournaments and family functions (with more on the way) so again I don't have as much to show as I'd like. I personally hate small updates with little progress especially when there so much more to do  so I may not post another progress report  until I get the face and body done on all of her normals and specials. I also plan to definitely pick up the pace next week.

Oh and ignore the last few frames of her hard kick. Those frames belong to a different animation that I haven't touched up yet.
#33  July 22, 2014, 02:47:08 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Great update, small or not it was worth the look of progression.
#34  July 22, 2014, 08:05:02 pm
    • Brazil
    • anothermkfan@gmail.com
Looking awesome man!
#35  July 30, 2014, 03:29:22 am
Thanks again guys.

This isn't really an update. I had to make a few fully edited sprites for a potential YouTube video. Some have been seen before and only have very minor touch ups that may not be noticeabl. Please excuse the oversized sprite. It has to be that way because of the hi res heart effect.
Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:49:36 am by Drex
#36  July 30, 2014, 04:57:21 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
oh, so those are not full animations yet ?
#37  July 30, 2014, 05:43:21 am
correct. I am very far off from having any completed animations.
#38  July 30, 2014, 09:59:27 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Those looks EPIC as Hell, man. Eyegasmic!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#39  March 09, 2015, 11:49:47 am
I'm back for now. Life got on the way of this project and I let little things like my PC/art program not operating correctly keep me from getting back to this for way longer than I should've. Things are up and running now so I've begun work again. There one other issue that's kind of a big deal. It seems that my initial resizing of Rogue was off by a bit causing her to be proportionately wider than she should be. this meas that her punches and kicks reach farther than they should and her head is still fatter than just about any other cvs character. I'm still deciding on how I'm going to fix this without causing too much damage to the work I've done already, but in the mean time I made this.

I'm not much of an artist and I'm def not a animator so I've always been concerned with the constancy of the sprites. Making sure that Rogue still look like Rogue from start to finish. Possibly the most important part of any character is their face so I started making this sheet of her head in different angles to serve as a point reference when I do later sprites. This is definitely not done  because a lot of the sprites are ugly and don't look how they should, but I will finish it soon and may do another with a different expression if I feel the need.

That's all for now. Wish me luck.
#40  March 09, 2015, 12:00:06 pm
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
Nice to see that the project has been resumed :) and hopefully you find you answer to fix all the size differences as soon as possible i would really hate to see all your effort go to waste good luck finding the answer :)