YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 735089 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#641  August 21, 2018, 11:55:51 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
The downside is that he's fat and will be combo fodder for the likes of over half the roster.

But he's still fun to play from the looks of the gameplay.
#642  August 22, 2018, 12:27:05 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
There’s also a video showcasing Chrom and Dark Samus. 

Chrom looks like he hits hard and fast, but his recovery is abysmal.

:EDIT:  Bit of a surprising music track in today’s blog; It’s the main menu theme from Fire Emblem Heroes.

Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 04:04:04 am by Person Man
#643  August 22, 2018, 02:24:54 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
... will be combo fodder for the likes of over half the roster.

You know that could describe all of the characters in every fighting game ever, yes? So I do not really see how this is a unique downside, or a downside at all.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#644  August 23, 2018, 07:04:34 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

Today's Fighter
#59: Duck Hunt
This duo excels at long-range attacks, like kicking exploding cans and throwing clay pigeons. For their Final Smash, three games from the Light Gun Series team up: Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, and Wild Gunman!

so in other words it's the same final smash from the previous game right?
#645  August 23, 2018, 10:40:07 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
more or less yes.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#646  August 24, 2018, 12:31:41 am
    • USA
Mister “I’m not leaking anything else” Vergeben is back again. This time he’s claiming his source says that there’s another Square-Enix character on the way, but wouldn’t say who it is.

Since Cloud’s still being billed as being from FF7 specifically, it’s probably not another Final Fantasy character.  Maybe we’ll finally see Geno in Smash?
#647  August 24, 2018, 12:47:51 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Mister “I’m not leaking anything else” Vergeben is back again. This time he’s claiming his source says that there’s another Square-Enix character on the way, but wouldn’t say who it is.

Since Cloud’s still being billed as being from FF7 specifically, it’s probably not another Final Fantasy character.  Maybe we’ll finally see Geno in Smash?

many people are thinking that sora from the kingdom hearts series is gonna be in it but we'll see what happens
#648  August 24, 2018, 12:51:38 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Would be cool, though the easy money's on Cloud clone with Zach.  I'd enjoy a Dragon Quest rep for sure.  It'd probably be a more recent one, but besides Monsters, my most played and enjoyed entry in the series was with III, so I'd love to have the protagonist from that in.  Can even do the Robin/Corrin thing and have both male and female avatars.

But if we end up just stuck with Final Fantasy, I'd be equally happy if we got another FF VII rep that's more than just a clone.  Tifa in Smash would be absolutely awesome.  Sephiroth would be even better, but I'm not sure how you'll get around his sword reaching one end of the stage to the other without making it look weird shortening it.  I'm not confident with the many rights between not just Square Enix but Disney as well to sort through to get Sora in, but I'd be beyond ecstatic to play as him.

Oh.  I'm just wishing now, but it just struck me that Tomb Raider is a Square Enix property now.  My god, I would LOVE to play as Lara Croft in Smash.  Classic look with Anniversary era reboot and modern reboot outfit for alts, twin handguns like Bayonetta, rappelling line for grabs, maybe borrowing some grenade stuff from Snake or bows and pickaxe from her modern reboot stuff?  It's not going to happen, but I'm loving just imagining how it'd turn out.
Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:08:41 am by Long John Killer
#649  August 24, 2018, 06:36:41 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Another day, another Vergeben rumor, eh?

I'd totally be down for Geno.
#650  August 24, 2018, 08:13:06 am
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Sora's techically a Disney character so it probs wont be him.
My money's on Neku personally.
#651  August 24, 2018, 04:44:42 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#652  August 24, 2018, 05:13:01 pm
    • Netherlands
It's obviously Lara Croft you guys
#653  August 24, 2018, 06:55:30 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
If anything, if we do get another FF7 rep, my best bet would be either Tifa or Aeris. Sure Aeris is dead but there's still a possibility. We got Metal Face as a hazard/boss and he's dead in his game of origin.
Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:58:45 pm by DarkWolf13
#654  August 24, 2018, 06:58:07 pm
Sure Aeris is dead
what
So are Mario, Megaman and Luigi
but there's a Spirits mode.

oh wait you're seriously thinking that characters who have died in their original game can't participate in a crossover for some reason ? Why
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:07:48 pm by Byakko
#655  August 24, 2018, 07:10:17 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Idk, just an odd feeling I had in mind
#656  August 24, 2018, 07:18:54 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
If I can only use post-Brawl Mario, Smash 4 Mega Man, and Luigi, I guess I can't ever play that mode. I'm bad at using all of them.
#657  August 24, 2018, 08:38:04 pm
    • USA
If anything, if we do get another FF7 rep, my best bet would be either Tifa or Aeris. Sure Aeris is dead but there's still a possibility. We got Metal Face as a hazard/boss and he's dead in his game of origin.
I feel like if Square was willing to let Sakurai do anything else with FF7, they would have let him use more than two songs.

Honestly Geno might actually be the most likely pick, if only because they’ve already gotten permission to use the character’s likeness in Smash with that Mii costume.
#658  August 24, 2018, 09:55:29 pm
    • Mexico
#659  August 24, 2018, 10:03:16 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
If what he says is true, now all we need is Bison to complete the trio since both of them defeated Bison in the movie, killed him together in PxZ2 and Bison brainwashed Ken to use him to kill Ryu.
#660  August 24, 2018, 11:32:24 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I highly doubt any of the third party franchises are going to get another rep that isn't an Echo. Ryu's the original, Ken's the Echo, Bison's the (assist) trophy if you're lucky.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.