YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 3062927 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#5441  October 17, 2015, 02:11:21 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
I forgot to clean up the lineart for the face, my bad (the hair looked kind of Alfalfa-ish, too, among other things). Is this better?

The palette is Terry Bogard's, by the way.
Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:29:29 am by Graphicus
#5442  October 17, 2015, 02:13:03 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, much better! :D
This is a generic forum signature.
#5443  October 18, 2015, 12:35:43 am
    • Mexico
    I only don't like a lot the pallet; any suggestion;;  THE ORIGINAL
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:39:57 am by zero de armentis
#5444  October 18, 2015, 12:37:34 am
    • Argentina
You should edit his legs (well, the white parts) better. I remember PotS once edited one. Check this out. I'm sure it'll help you some.

@Graphicus: I like his new face but I still think he needs some adjustments, the rest of the sprite is amazing though ;)
I edited it a pinch, I hope you don't mind :) < He looks like he's smelling something stinky though lol

Edit: I tried making a palette for your Demitri. I hope you like it :) I still like Terry's skin colors though lol
Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 01:25:05 am by HadeS
#5445  October 18, 2015, 05:47:20 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
The face looks a lot better on Demitri. He looks perfect.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#5446  October 18, 2015, 06:40:32 am
    • Argentina
@Graphicus: I like his new face but I still think he needs some adjustments, the rest of the sprite is amazing though ;)
I edited it a pinch, I hope you don't mind :) < He looks like he's smelling something stinky though lol

Edit: I tried making a palette for your Demitri. I hope you like it :) I still like Terry's skin colors though lol

I based the CVS sprite on the Capcom Fighting Jam version because I consider those the definitive Demitri sprites made by Capcom artists (I redrew it to have more CVS-ish proportions, of course). That's where I got that sneering expression from. To be honest, I thought that's the face he always made, but looking at his Darkstalkers face now I realize he didn't.

Thanks, man. I don't mind feedback, I welcome it. I really like your edit and that palette is great. I'm not good with colors so I'll always stick to a base because I'm worried the colors won't be CVS-ish enough :P

lui

#5447  October 20, 2015, 09:44:04 am
    • USA

So this is the first time I've sprited in awhile so I'm a little rusty considering this is the first completely scratch made sprite i've done in awhile as well. Anywho, onto the description!

This is an OC of mine that I wrote for a little story I wrote back in highschool

fun fact: this was actually going to be a taunt pose for a certain Blonde Capcom character that wears prisoner pajamas all the time but i decided to change it up a bit and it eventually turned out to be this guy.
Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:48:11 am by walruslui
#5448  October 20, 2015, 09:59:16 am
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA

So this is the first time I've sprited in awhile so I'm a little rusty considering this is the first completely scratch made sprite i've done in awhile as well. Anywho, onto the description!

This is an OC of mine that I wrote for a little story I wrote back in highschool

fun fact: this was actually going to be a taunt pose for a certain Blonde Capcom character that wears prisoner pajamas all the time but i decided to change it up a bit and it eventually turned out to be this guy.

The image is broken at least for me.
Current Status: N/A
#5449  October 20, 2015, 10:03:36 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Not on my end.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#5450  October 27, 2015, 12:35:47 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Takuma s.koohoken attempt 

lui

#5451  October 27, 2015, 12:47:52 pm
    • USA
looks more like cps2 shading then cvs tbh
#5452  October 27, 2015, 12:51:26 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
It looks good but I wonder why you changed the sprite style on the pants, they look more like SFA CPS2 style, and a bit baggy
#5453  October 27, 2015, 12:56:52 pm
SFA (gi) + KoF (right arm, our left)+ CvS (feet and face).
#5454  October 27, 2015, 12:59:11 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
It's because I used sfa ryu sprites as references but I'm not fully satisfy of the result

lui

#5455  October 27, 2015, 01:02:56 pm
    • USA
It's because I used sfa ryu sprites as references but I'm not fully satisfy of the result

yeah, you shouldnt do that, its a bad idea to reference one style to make a different style altogether and frankenedit it with other stuff.
#5456  October 27, 2015, 07:34:13 pm
    • Mexico
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
#5457  October 27, 2015, 11:27:35 pm
    • Argentina
That looks really nice. I think the face doesn't need to have a fully dark outline (kind of what I accidentally left unedited with my Demitri sprite), but regardless, it's really good. Love the Kim Kaphwan palette :)
#5458  October 28, 2015, 07:56:28 am
Yeah. Jhun looks very outstanding.
Titiln said:

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#5459  October 28, 2015, 10:28:41 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
s. koouken launch 
#5460  October 28, 2015, 10:48:25 pm
The gi looks better now, but why do I see the crease of his pants line not being broken on his right foreleg (viewer's left)? Curious. Looks great and you've improved a lot.
Titiln said: