YesNoOk

Do you deserve a "PERFECT" / "FLAWLESS VICTORY" in this scenario?  (Read 23203 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, July 12, 2007, 06:01:59 am
Share this topic:

Poll

You won a round with full health, but had regained some health earlier.  Do you still feel you deserve a "PERFECT KO" victory?

Yeah, I deserve it.
17 (44.7%)
Not, I don't really feel that I do.
21 (55.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Re: Do you deserve a "PERFECT" / "FLAWLESS VICTORY" in this scenario?
#21  August 02, 2007, 06:32:58 am
i think it should be a perfect with a question mark or nothing at all
XD
cause perfect means there werent any mistakes made and getting damaged means you made a mistake

Q4T
#22  August 07, 2007, 12:11:02 am
    • www.mmeras.com/phpbb3/index.php?sid=c723bb48504bb3a0e06da45a2337a21e
Full health is full health! =P

If it means perfect like

Perfect health! Then yeah! Course I deserve it... But if it says... Flawless Perfection or something like that.. You know what i mean. Then no, I don't deserve it.
#23  August 18, 2007, 10:29:45 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.

SNT

#24  August 26, 2007, 03:56:17 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
As a Yoshimitsu player I'm totally biased here, but I think so.  Full health means no damage.  Most health recovery techniques leave their user wide open for attack, so if an opponent is dumb enough to let him heal back to full health, then he deserves to have big letters blaring PERFECT in his face.

It depends on your interpretation of fighting games in general.  I've always seen a health meter less as medical wellbeing and more as mental determination, their will to fight, if you will.  Once the bar hits zero, they're thinking to themselves "Yknow, I'm just not gonna get up.  That way, I won't have to fight him/her/it any more."  It's a pretty immature way to look at it, sure, but it does explain how (more often in the 3D games), a continue screen has the loser walking away in a huff, or throwing a tantrum, etc. instead of being literally knocked out.  Health regeneration techniques could be viewed simply as the player psyching themselves back up.  To that end, a perfect victory, in this case, would be a victory in which the winner is not at all demoralised by hits taken.  Taking a hit wouldn't matter if he's too psyched up to feel it, so the attack had no effect on the fight.  Therefore, a hit that gets healed shouldn't count against a perfect win.